Bill mass

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Sure. I would have traded Ford and not done the Clark deal. Too many holes on this defense so one really good player is not that much better. Plus Clark had that great defense around him. As a free agent maybe you give him that contract. Including picks made it a huge overpay.

I'm not a fan of giving up the picks either, but there is still a lot of season left to play. It's an overpay no matter what IMO, but that's what teams have to do sometimes. I think it's too early to see if it was worth it.  

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Sure. I would have traded Ford and not done the Clark deal. Too many holes on this defense so one really good player is not that much better. Plus Clark had that great defense around him. As a free agent maybe you give him that contract. Including picks made it a huge overpay.

Meh gotta pay to play sometimes.  Mahomes + a bunch of draft picks sounds like the recipe Green Bay used to waste Aaron Rodgers career.

The good news is we overpaid for a premium position, not like the Jets did at MLB.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Meh gotta pay to play sometimes.  Mahomes + a bunch of draft picks sounds like the recipe Green Bay used to waste Aaron Rodgers career.

The good news is we overpaid for a premium position, not like the Jets did at MLB.

Right now, overpaying for a MLB sounds appealing.  ☺️

8 hours ago, xen said:

3 games into a new system and they didnt play together hardly at all in preseason.  I wouldn't go making snap judgements on these guys just yet.

So far the defense is giving up 12 PPG thru  3 quarters.  We’ve had 17 plus point leads in each as well and the Jags/Ravens games both just sort of disintegrated into sloppy endings because of it.  Hard to take much away yet.  

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

So far the defense is giving up 12 PPG thru  3 quarters.  We’ve had 17 plus point leads in each as well and the Jags/Ravens games both just sort of disintegrated into sloppy endings because of it.  Hard to take much away yet.  

The eight running plays at the beginning of the third quarter was disturbing.  Aside from that sequence, the defense did what it needed to do.  Two of LJs desperation passes were lucky shots that might have been defended better, but I don't see them as a trend. 

9 hours ago, artsy said:

Well, I don't think the bargaining agreement has anything to do with how bad Hitchens is. That dude flat out SUCKS.

Hitchens needs to be over there with Ragland sitting on the bench...

I actually agree with this. He’s been benched for Ben on 3rd down.

This wasn’t meant to be a frank clark thread or a freak out thread.

bill was defending the defense. New guys. New system. No padded practice etc

but people were over defending Clark with the “double teams and chips” 

In the end, frank clark with make a season defining play 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The eight running plays at the beginning of the third quarter was disturbing.  Aside from that sequence, the defense did what it needed to do.  Two of LJs desperation passes were lucky shots that might have been defended better, but I don't see them as a trend. 

Not sure why the Tweeties went away from that? 

10 hours ago, Calichief said:

Summary 

collective bargaining has played a role in run defense. No practice with pads 

a bunch of new guys in the system

offensive league 

the defense will get much better as the year goes on

and... he’s broke down all the games and watched lots of tape.. Frank Clark is NOT getting doubled teamed. He’s not winning one on one.

but, don’t worry, what he does in the playoffs is what matters 

Reid said that he noticed defensive end Frank Clark getting “a lot of attention” upon rewatching the game.

“He got a lot of attention [Sunday],” Reid said. “They doubled him [Sunday]. That’s what I look at. Both he and Chris Jones were trying to work through those guys. Are you going to keep battling or concede to that? Somewhere you’re going to have a single [offensive lineman], what are you going to do with it? You saw what he did.”