oh boy......not going to end well

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Honestly I really don't think Marino is overlooked at all. If you ask anyone to have a list of the best QBs ever, he's almost always gonna be on it. He's not just some QB. 

I have seen people ranking the live interception machine Aikman way ahead of Marino when it shouldn't be possible in any aspect of the game except for the SB wins. Those that have seen Marino play have a lot of respect for him but he'll be forgotten rather quickly once those people start diminishing. Guys like Brady or Aikman will always remain though.

34 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I have seen people ranking the live interception machine Aikman way ahead of Marino when it shouldn't be possible in any aspect of the game except for the SB wins. Those that have seen Marino play have a lot of respect for him but he'll be forgotten rather quickly once those people start diminishing. Guys like Brady or Aikman will always remain though.

Marino's secret family scandal didn't help....CBS was pushing him out anyway, but that was the final straw.

Rings matter for being considered the greatest of an era, if not ever. I think we all get that point. But spanning 3 years and 19 games or whatever, Mahomes looks like no fluke. Keep him healthy, the sky is the limit. At least I think we can all say we have legit hope to see KC in a Super Bowl.

19 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Rings matter for being considered the greatest of an era, if not ever. I think we all get that point. But spanning 3 years and 19 games or whatever, Mahomes looks like no fluke. Keep him healthy, the sky is the limit. At least I think we can all say we have legit hope to see KC in a Super Bowl.

Unless those pesty Pats have something to say about it. :unsure:^_^

22 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Gigantic window for this franchise through 2021 with so many key core guys locked up and a young defense expecting to improve with a proven DC. After that the new CBA and how Brett Veach drafts will really start to matter. But as long as we have Mahomes upright. We are nearly always going to be factor in the AFC. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, Handswarmer said:

Let me ask you as question:

Flashback to the AFCCG Overtime-

Patriots go down and kick a FG, up by 3.

Pat gets the ball back, 2-3 plays into the drive, Belichik fools Pat and baits him into a throw he shouldn't make, Pats get the INT and game over.

What do you feel then?

The way I look at this is, how many times has Mahomes come through already?  In less than a season and a half he's risen to the occasion more often than not.  He's never just fallen flat on his face.  Here's a list of all our games where Mahomes had to come through and what he did:

• @ DEN 2017 - game-winning drive
  • @ DEN 2018 - bad first half, comeback win
  • @ NE 2018 - bad first half, comeback to take the lead and also to tie, didn't get the ball last
  • @ LAR 2018 - bad to start, came back to take the lead multiple times, did have some killer turnovers including at the end.  Probably his worst performance in the clutch, still scored 51 points!
  • vs. LAC 2018 - didn't close it out, arguably due to poor play calling and poor line play
  • @ Seattle 2018 - only reason we kept it close with one of the defense's worst performances
  • vs. NE 2018 playoffs - literally the same as above for the regular season matchup

We actually lost the last five of those game, but when did Mahomes not come through in a big way---LAR and LAC games, maybe?  But even those seem silly to say he didn't come through considering the positions he put us in in the first place.  Again, the in Rams game---51 points (I know there was a defensive TD), and he took the lead late in the game!

So in your hypothetical where he flubs the playoff game (but only after saving it in the first place), maybe I'm not as crazy confident that he can do anything.  But I'm not sure it would tip the scales that much.