Chiefs vs Lions

Looking ahead to the week 4 matchup here: 

Couple of Texas gunslingers will shoot it. Mahomes vs Stafford.

Lions are looking much better under new OC Darrell Bevell. Eagles, shot themselves in the foot with turnovers against Detroit. Their defense can be exploited expect Kelce to have a huge game. Mike Daniels is banged up and Darius Slay as well. Chiefs will do what they do. Expect Detroit to air it out for most of the contest if KC goes up. 

36 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It's early yet, but it seems like they have a couple quality wins with the Chargers and Eagles.  Should be a good test. 

Chargers do not look good to me. Rivers is like Montana when he was with KC. Good but not great. Unlike Montana he is a pick machine when it counts most.  Chargers 8-8 this year maybe 9-7.

Lions Dline will be a bigger test than the Ravens for our makeshift oline. Expect a lot more two tight end sets that we had rarely used until Sunday. Andy made a point to talk about how many turnovers the tape showed we barely missed on. Starting to convert those will be crucial because Stafford does like to put the ball at risk. Also first real test for our corners to see if they can hold up against a good passer. 

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Lions Dline will be a bigger test than the Ravens for our makeshift oline. Expect a lot more two tight end sets that we had rarely used until Sunday. Andy made a point to talk about how many turnovers the tape showed we barely missed on. Starting to convert those will be crucial because Stafford does like to put the ball at risk. Also first real test for our corners to see if they can hold up against a good passer. 

True, our secondary will be tested more than any of the first 3 games. Stafford can still wing it around especially at home. Our D-Line needs to get home with some pressure. I feel like Thornhill , HB, and Breeland need to and will ball out. Lions have receivers and their rookie TE creates match up problems. Spags, will need to be creative. 

7 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

First time seeing the MVP in a dome. 

Will be a fun one. Send em all deep 

Problem with that is we will have to help Erving on the left side A LOT. But teams are doubling down on Kelce and pretty much all of our WRs are proving to hard to contain 1 on 1. So big plays can still be there even if we aren't near full strength. 

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Should we be overly worried? They let a rookie QB tie them, they let a punter trying to kick miss enough for them to manage to win, and they faced an Eagles team down to its 3rd and 4th string bum WRs and only won by 3. Sure, any given Sunday is true, but they’ve had a lot of help with that record.

Definition of a trap game right there

Waiting for the injury report, but if Slay is out, the Lions will have a tough time covering all the Chiefs' weapons.  They doubled Ernst all game Sunday and will probably do the same with Kelce.  If they cover three WRs, it leaves the door open for lots of passes to RBs and very little blitzing.  This should be a high scoring game. 

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

They will be without Mike Daniels, which is a big blow to that Defense.  Slay would be even bigger....today will say a lot.

Big match up will be for the secondary.  They can't let Marvin Jones and Golliday eat 'em up.  Badger needs to earn his keep against the rookie TE.

HB did well vs Mark Andrews.  7 targets, 3 catches for 15 yards.  We need more of that vs Hockenson who’s also been tearing it up.  Agree our corners holding up against the first legit high end passer is crucial.  As is whatever Andy will do to protect Pat which I’m assuming will include a bunch of 2 TE sets again he’s rarely used since making this QB change. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

HB did well vs Mark Andrews.  7 targets, 3 catches for 15 yards.  We need more of that vs Hockenson who’s also been tearing it up.  Agree our corners holding up against the first legit high end passer is crucial.  As is whatever Andy will do to protect Pat which I’m assuming will include a bunch of 2 TE sets again he’s rarely used since making this QB change. 

My understanding was Andrews was dinged up and less than 100%. Don't want to take anything away from the HB but this week might be a truer test.

56 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I will go with my usual prediction, something along the lines of chiefs 957 - lions negative 112

Yeah...I usually like to watch Bill Swerski's Superfans before I make my picks too...lol! One question. Are the Lions facing the regular Mahomes or a team of mini Mahomes?😄

8 minutes ago, dhitter said:

My understanding was Andrews was dinged up and less than 100%. Don't want to take anything away from the HB but this week might be a truer test.

Hock was held to one catch last week. He had 4 targets? If they dont utilize him it is to our benefit. 

On 9/25/2019 at 3:56 AM, liquidfriend said:

They will be without Mike Daniels, which is a big blow to that Defense.  Slay would be even bigger....today will say a lot.

Big match up will be for the secondary.  They can't let Marvin Jones and Golliday eat 'em up.  Badger needs to earn his keep against the rookie TE.

Slay is listed as limited practice for the past two days.  Detroit  News says he will play on Sunday.  It could be that he'll be a little cautious with a bad hammy.  Don't know about Amendola yet.