Chiefs vs Lions

On 9/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, Calichief said:

It will be close as usual. Unless we happen to create some turnovers. I think stafford will have a good day but come up short. 

Every team id Going to bring their a game against us. We are moving in that echelon now

Hammys linger

hell re-aggravate it

Can the Lions present our first true test into the 4th quarter?

Seth Keysor - The Athletic 
·
3h

Fun stat: the Chiefs have started the 4th quarter with an average lead of 17.3 points per game this season. 17, 18, and 17. They are just shellacking teams through 3, and the last quarter is basically a formality.

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:
Can the Lions present our first true test into the 4th quarter?

Seth Keysor - The Athletic 
·
3h

Fun stat: the Chiefs have started the 4th quarter with an average lead of 17.3 points per game this season. 17, 18, and 17. They are just shellacking teams through 3, and the last quarter is basically a formality.

Hard to be in close games when we keep carpet-bombing defenses.

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Unfortunately that probably works against our Cam Erving LT situation 

Yeah Erving always starts slow and then seems to improve some as the game goes on. Of course I also think Andy adjusts his playcalling to lesson Erving's impact on Mahomes.😒

6 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yeah Erving always starts slow and then seems to improve some as the game goes on. Of course I also think Andy adjusts his playcalling to lesson Erving's impact on Mahomes.😒

Andy was forced to go with a lot of 12 packages with two tight ends instead of the usual 11 to help him out.  With a turf field they will be on him even faster and the Lions have a better Dline that the Ravens.  

From what I've seen out of DET, they've taken advantage of other team's mistakes.  PHI and the Chargers shot themselves alot and DET took full advantage.

Chiefs don't make a whole lot of mistakes and I expect that to continue. 

KC 34

DET 24

Something like that.  Our games have been pretty much the same.  KC builds a 2-3 score lead and the team scores at the end to make it look closer. 

35 minutes ago, dksww said:

From what I've seen out of DET, they've taken advantage of other team's mistakes.  PHI and the Chargers shot themselves alot and DET took full advantage.

Chiefs don't make a whole lot of mistakes and I expect that to continue. 

KC 34

DET 24

Something like that.  Our games have been pretty much the same.  KC builds a 2-3 score lead and the team scores at the end to make it look closer. 

Yes, I think KC puts up at least 40.

KC 42

SeaLions 27

Flowers against Erving is scary.  I don't think the Lions will rush more than their front four for the most part, but Mahomes has to have a little time to find the speedsters.  Passes to Darrell and McCoy should be effective and Kelce will have a field day if he isn't doubled.

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Flowers against Erving is scary.  I don't think the Lions will rush more than their front four for the most part, but Mahomes has to have a little time to find the speedsters.  Passes to Darrell and McCoy should be effective and Kelce will have a field day if he isn't doubled.

Flowers is overrated. The Lions line is not as good as the Tweety Birds. Reid will scheme it and Mahomes should have plenty of time to throw.

Time of possession was once a critical issue. Its still somewhat important except that KC scores 7 and is in the red zone inside the 50. If other teams want to work the clock playing from behind .....well .......its no different than KC working the clock....that has not worked so far. 

I'm hoping this is the game Spags unleashes his blitz packages.  Stafford is a statue to begin with and will be even less mobile with that bad hip.

If the Lions decide to go to a short passing attack KC will need to be ready to make the tackle.