WR trade value

The chiefs appear stacked 4 deep at WR.  Lots of talent plus the fact that an elite QB makes average receivers look good as well.   We all saw Manning and Favre and Rodgers and Brady make WR look great, then those guys would get big FA deals with other teams never to be heard from again.   So what would the trade value of a Hill or Watkins be?   Could we get enough draft capital to go out and get a starting corner?    What looks better in the playoffs:  Hill, Watkins, Hardeman, Robinson, Kelce  or Hill, Robinson, Hardeman, Kelce and Ramsey or Peterson

I'm all for trading Watkins as he's likely gone after this season and wouldn't mind trading Hill either as I think Robinson might have a decent upside. However I don't want any divas on the roster like Ramsey. He'll be a huge trouble during contract negotiations and that could linger for long after he signs it as well. Either player for Peterson is a win IMO and Cardinals should rejoice having a proven WR acting as the deep threat for their hot young QB. Fitzgerald is already the possession guy and will be gone soon. 

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Don't want Ramsey.  It would be like having a worse version of Peters here.  The Cards would never trade Peterson for Watkins.  If the Chiefs get Peterson, it will cost them big time. 

Ramsey is a much better pure corner than Peters. And very physical presence vs the run as well! Apparently very well liked in the locker room. More Kelce than Peters for shenanigans.  I think reality Veach all but said he would have never drafted Peters but looked like he was actively pursuing Ramsey speaks volumes.  Cost is gigantic though.  In fact right now I don’t even think he’s on the block.  

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Instead of Ramsey I would trade Watkins for a DT to play opposite Jones. 

Are you that down on Nnadi?  Sure, the Chiefs could improve at any position, but the real need is a stud LG, a LB, and a CB.  Like back up TE, the Chiefs aren't in an ideal position, but they can get by. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Are you that down on Nnadi?  Sure, the Chiefs could improve at any position, but the real need is a stud LG, a LB, and a CB.  Like back up TE, the Chiefs aren't in an ideal position, but they can get by. 

I dont know who anyone should be down on but the run defense is still ugly. Somewhere there are players that are simply not playing well or talented enough to be starting.

I just can't get behind trading offensive weapons until we have a SB ring.  We are one injury from having Byron Pringle on the field.  As much as I want to believe that Mahomes is the next Manning/Brady and that ANY WR will be successful with an Andy ran offense with Mahomes at the helm, I don't have a large enough of a sample size to be confident enough to trade pro-bowl caliber WRs just yet.  I get flashbacks to playoff games where one offensive weapon (Charles/Kelce) going down changed the complexion of the game and ultimately led to a loss.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

I think they've gotta do something with Sammy, so it puts them in a bind there.

They'll be fine weapon wise.

20 million in dead cap if they do. That's not happening. He will however be traded during the offseason he has a 1,200 yard, 12 TD season type season. And our CAP hit would only be 7 million to do that. 

28 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

20 million in dead cap if they do. That's not happening. He will however be traded during the offseason he has a 1,200 yard, 12 TD season type season. And our CAP hit would only be 7 million to do that. 

DRob will expect to be paid.  Hill is being paid.  Watkins is being paid.  No way can the Chiefs keep all three and Hardman is the relief valve.  Watkins is a luxury the Chiefs just can't afford next season.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

DRob will expect to be paid.  Hill is being paid.  Watkins is being paid.  No way can the Chiefs keep all three and Hardman is the relief valve.  Watkins is a luxury the Chiefs just can't afford next season.

That's why I'm saying a big year by him sets us up to trade and not release him.