Frank clark

A good article with video on how teams are trying to neutralize Frank Clark. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/9/26/20883866/kansas-city-chiefs-defensive-trends-and-tabulation-for-week-3

On a staggering 44 percent of the plays run with Clark on the field, the Ravens actively tried to nullify his involvement. That’s a ridiculous amount of focus placed on a single player to limit their impact on the game — and they still weren’t able to do so.

12 minutes ago, Palangi said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/9/26/20883866/kansas-city-chiefs-defensive-trends-and-tabulation-for-week-3

On a staggering 44 percent of the plays run with Clark on the field, the Ravens actively tried to nullify his involvement. That’s a ridiculous amount of focus placed on a single player to limit their impact on the game — and they still weren’t able to do so.

Absolutely.  That attention to him has opened up our defense to apply other pressures, so his value has been tremendous though largely invisible to most fans. That's the kind of thing that happens in other ways on both sides all over the field, because it is a team game.  That's why I don't pay much heed to sports publication  stats, which really don't justify many of their conclusions or opinions. It's true for me, and I assume other fans who never played the game and who don't really have a trained eye for what's happening on the lines.  At least in this one case with Clark, I have been able to see that. I'm sure I miss it in many other similar situations.

8 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Absolutely.  That attention to him has opened up our defense to apply other pressures, so his value has been tremendous though largely invisible to most fans. That's the kind of thing that happens in other ways on both sides all over the field, because it is a team game.  That's why I don't pay much heed to sports publication  stats, which really don't justify many of their conclusions or opinions. It's true for me, and I assume other fans who never played the game and who don't really have a trained eye for what's happening on the lines.  At least in this one case with Clark, I have been able to see that. I'm sure I miss it in many other similar situations.

agreed but then we will have those on here saying how Clark is not earning his paycheck because of.. then they'll go to is stats

Just now, oldtimer said:

agreed but then we will have those on here saying how Clark is not earning his paycheck because of.. then they'll go to is stats

Just to play devils advocate, didn’t see ford command attention? And even Houston..

mack, Miller, Donald, Cox, and others command attention as well..

i think Clark will be fine, but there is a lot of digging right now to defend and justify him..

They are focusing on neutralizing him and that opens up the door for other defenders. However Clark should get to a point where the effort put in to neutralizing him won't really stop him which will come over time IMO. Right now he's not a beast but that'll likely change over the next few weeks. This defense is still a work in progress. 

Just now, sith13 said:

They are focusing on neutralizing him and that opens up the door for other defenders. However Clark should get to a point where the effort put in to neutralizing him won't really stop him which will come over time IMO. This defense is still a work in progress. 

Exactly. Frank Clark isn’t the only one in the nfl getting attention 

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He may be playing well and be a target. He may be doing his very best. He may be having his best yeart. Its not Clark that is the problem....its the decision to trade a #1 , #2 and a huge 20 million per year contract that is at issue. 

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Funny, not once in that article did they mention the terms

*Garbage time*

*Prevent defense*

*Milk the clock*

But the arm chair DC's in here saw it, so it MUST be true....LOL

Can someone get some tissues for this cry baby issues? 

Geez not every topic is about you and your ass ravens

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

He may be playing well and be a target. He may be doing his very best. He may be having his best yeart. Its not Clark that is the problem....its the decision to trade a #1 , #2 and a huge 20 million per year contract that is at issue. 

Why is the compensation and salary an issue? 

4 hours ago, Palangi said:

Frank isn't the pure pass rusher that Dee Ford is. But he's a FAR superior overall player. He's gonna get his 10-12 sacks. But his responsiblities elsewhere in this system are just as important. Whereas with Dee, pass rush was all he had and it was part of what killed us in other areas. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Frank isn't the pure pass rusher that Dee Ford is. But he's a FAR superior overall player. He's gonna get his 10-12 sacks. But his responsiblities elsewhere in this system are just as important. Whereas with Dee, pass rush was all he had and it was part of what killed us in other areas. 

Exactly my opinion. He does a lot. I cry about him not getting more sacks just because of the money and the picks, but I would be wrong to say he hasn’t played well. He has been an important contributor.

As for Jones. Not his best game against the Ravens, but he has been a stud this year so far.

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Exactly my opinion. He does a lot. I cry about him not getting more sacks just because of the money and the picks, but I would be wrong to say he hasn’t played well. He has been an important contributor.

As for Jones. Not his best game against the Ravens, but he has been a stud this year so far.

Too much discussion about sacks. Pressures, blocked passes and holding the edge are equally important. Incomplete passes. Its the same grading DBs. If its 3rd and 14 , the DB is in position to make the tackle.... its ok to allow a guy to catch a pass short of the first down. In fact a good db lets him catch it short because they know theyt are in position for the tackle. Thats  critical. That DB is then graded poorly. Stupid Stats that dont mean squat.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Too much discussion about sacks. Pressures, blocked passes and holding the edge are equally important. Incomplete passes. Its the same grading DBs. If its 3rd and 14 , the DB is in position to make the tackle.... its ok to allow a guy to catch a pass short of the first down. In fact a good db lets him catch it short because they know theyt are in position for the tackle. Thats  critical. That DB is then graded poorly. Stupid Stats that dont mean squat.

Good post. A QB pressure that forces QB to throw it up for grabs can be every bit as important as a sack. As we saw on Sunday, the cornerback needs to make a play in those situations. Team defense.  

Spags had several great blitzes I saw.  One was blitzing Honey Badger who engaged the blocker who was supposed to pick up Ogbah. Ogbah rolls in uncontested for the sack. Does Ogbah deserve huge accolades?  

Next one we send Thornhill who doesn’t finish play but forces Jackson into throwing it up for grabs. Problem is corner doesn’t make play on the ball and the great blitz breaks down. Stats only show a 30 yard completion.