Frank clark

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

You mean like where he had the slow and immobile Matt Stafford grabbed around the leg and was unable to slow him down, yeah me too...

Yeah.  I was expecting more from him.  Hope it happens.  He's pretty expensive.  Maybe it will happen when the "chips" are down.

11 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

So far Clark has just been a guy... Not good, not bad, just there... Same for the Honey Badger...

But, the team is 4-0 and I expect the D will get a little better as the season progresses...

I hope they are peaking in Jan/Feb!

That was quite a blitz by Mathieu yesterday.  I know Spagnuolo dialed it up, but wow, was he fast!  Even discounting that, he is really strengthening the secondary and covering  lot of ground.   I want to see Thornhill do more.  I know he is a rookie and is constantly trying to make sure he is where he is supposed to be on each play.  He needs to spend a season doing that.  But at the same time, Spags has got to occasionally give him the green light to do what he does so well...jump routes and get some interceptions. If he gets a few of those on film, opponents' QB's will start avoiding his area more.  That would really shore up some things. If Claiborne proves to be better at tracking passes and contesting catches than Charvarius Ward, that would be a huge boost to the D also.

I was one of those happy to see the Chiefs get Clark but thought they way overpaid.  Sill feel the same, but that's in the past and there's reason to believe he will be productive as the season moves along.  We heard a lot before the season that it would take time for the defense to jell and that's exactly what's happened.  The fire and intensity that Clark brought is worth something to players like Kpass and Ogbah.  The really great fact is that the Chiefs are 4-0 during this learning process so it hasn't cost them so far.  One quarter of the season gone and they're right where we hoped and expected them to be. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I was one of those happy to see the Chiefs get Clark but thought they way overpaid.  Sill feel the same, but that's in the past and there's reason to believe he will be productive as the season moves along.  We heard a lot before the season that it would take time for the defense to jell and that's exactly what's happened.  The fire and intensity that Clark brought is worth something to players like Kpass and Ogbah.  The really great fact is that the Chiefs are 4-0 during this learning process so it hasn't cost them so far.  One quarter of the season gone and they're right where we hoped and expected them to be. 

I like it. Hope you are correct. Berry & Houston did not lack fire either and the D was? Hoping he starts being a difference maker soon.

Just now, FANATIC said:

I like it. Hope you are correct. Berry & Houston did not lack fire either and the D was? Hoping he starts being a difference maker soon.

Good point, but I just think the D plays with more intensity this year even if they haven't been successful to this point.  Could be Spags instead of Sutton that's the reason rather than Clark.

38 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

If he does he does.  Made absolutely no sense to keep him at his salary.

I dunno, a bunch of that was dead money anyways. I was in favor of reworking it.

31 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Houston, is on his last leg. Colts pass rush has been non existent besides the 1st two weeks. 

Houston was also good against the run which is something we are missing.  

Just now, VIChiefsFan said:

I dunno, a bunch of that was dead money anyways. I was in favor of reworking it.

Houston was also good against the run which is something we are missing.  

Houston, was back in his day and age a stout run defender. Unfortunately, against NE in the playoffs he was a non factor. Exactly, that's why we brought in Frank Clark. He's the total package and has the track record and the nasty demeanor. Okafor, is formidable against the run as well. Ogbah, has been the most pleasant surprise on the D Line. 

14 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Houston, was back in his day and age a stout run defender. Unfortunately, against NE in the playoffs he was a non factor. Exactly, that's why we brought in Frank Clark. He's the total package and has the track record and the nasty demeanor. Okafor, is formidable against the run as well. Ogbah, has been the most pleasant surprise on the D Line. 

Clark will be just as effective as Houston against NE. When the ball leaves Brady hand in 2 sec every play, rushers are irrelevant.  

21 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Clark will be just as effective as Houston against NE. When the ball leaves Brady hand in 2 sec every play, rushers are irrelevant.  

I don't want to hear that 2 second excuse because it wasn't every play. 

There were three 3rd and 10's on that overtime drive, and not one man got to Brady or even caused discomfort 

You don't have to get sacks to effect a potent offense.  Case in point....the Detroit Lions.   I just want to see continual progress on the D.  I think Claiborne helps and I think we will get better as the season goes on.   However I think Anthony Hitchens is a lost cause.  You can't hit on every FA pick but if Veach can find a trade partner for a box of peanuts that would be good.   Best LB's on this team are Wilson, Nieman and Lee.   

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You don't have to get sacks to effect a potent offense.  Case in point....the Detroit Lions.   I just want to see continual progress on the D.  I think Claiborne helps and I think we will get better as the season goes on.   However I think Anthony Hitchens is a lost cause.  You can't hit on every FA pick but if Veach can find a trade partner for a box of peanuts that would be good.   Best LB's on this team are Wilson, Nieman and Lee.   

I dont think he would be claimed on waivers. 

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Good point, but I just think the D plays with more intensity this year even if they haven't been successful to this point.  Could be Spags instead of Sutton that's the reason rather than Clark.

Yep.  They are faster and more aggressive.  They just don't have the system down enough to be intuitive and instantly react to things without having to think about it.

24 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yep.  They are faster and more aggressive.  They just don't have the system down enough to be intuitive and instantly react to things without having to think about it.

Hope they get there before they play GB, MINN, LAC, and CHI. The tougher games are coming. 

46 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hope they get there before they play GB, MINN, LAC, and CHI. The tougher games are coming. 

Not like they will next season.  But it will get better.  As long as we have Mahomes, we will get to the dance.  In a few weeks we will get Hill back.  Sometime (soon, I hope), we will get Fisher back..and D.Williams.  Mo Claiborne will help at some point.  We have a fantastic coaching staff across the board, great game planning and play calling.  We will likely lose to one of those teams in the meantime.  But we can't expect the 1971  Miami Dolphins.  We're going to lose some.

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Not like they will next season.  But it will get better.  As long as we have Mahomes, we will get to the dance.  In a few weeks we will get Hill back.  Sometime (soon, I hope), we will get Fisher back..and D.Williams.  Mo Claiborne will help at some point.  We have a fantastic coaching staff across the board, great game planning and play calling.  We will likely lose to one of those teams in the meantime.  But we can't expect the 1971  Miami Dolphins.  We're going to lose some.

Yep. For me get better by playoff time , 12 more games, & hope for good health.