Frank clark

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Yep. For me get better by playoff time , 12 more games, & hope for good health. 

Exactly.  I feel compelled to say something else, not directed at you but just reminding everyone including myself. The destination is great. The goal is the holy grail.  But the journey is the real point.  Whether we hoist the Lombardi or not this year, every single game is an honor to watch these amazing athletes play such an amazing and complicated game that is a complete reflection of life itself, with successes, failures, joy and disappointment, anxiety and relief, people young learning, growing old and losing it, heroes, villains like Burflict, all playing out on a field and interrupted by thousands and thousands of commercials.  We can sit on a couch and eat potato chips and still experience all of life compressed into a small space, interrupted only by the most necessary trips to the bathroom.  I guess the only thing missing is sex, which is quite a bit actually.

13 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

So Justin Houston is coming back to town next Sunday in prime time.  Anybody think he is going to have something to prove? 

He'll definitely make some plays against Erving but I don't think he'll be tough on Mahomes. Too bad he didn't restructure for a cheaper deal to stay in town. 

We all better hope Frank starts living up to the hype. Because the chiefs are in a no win situation. Chris Jones is looking down the line watching the 100 million dollar man play average. So where do you think Chris jones’ floor of a contract starts? Yep, 100 mil. 

For the chiefs, do you pay two dline guys 100 mil? 

Chris Jones is the second best DT in the nfl. 

And the best player on defense for kc and it’s not close.

Decisions decisions 

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

We all better hope Frank starts living up to the hype. Because the chiefs are in a no win situation. Chris Jones is looking down the line watching the 100 million dollar man play average. So where do you think Chris jones’ floor of a contract starts? Yep, 100 mil. 

Decisions decisions 

Exactly. You pay a free agent that much money , not to mention the picks, then guys like Jones could easily feel disrespected. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Decisions decisions 

I was hoping they got him signed in the offseason, but the rumor is he was looking for Aaron Donald money, even back then. He's a guy the Chiefs drafted so I never wanted things to get sideways with him, but here we are. 

46 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

season's not over yet so things have not gotten "sideways" and if need be we can Franchise for 2 years. I stil think Clark  holds himself to a higher standard..I think he'll turn on

You know how franchising goes, dudes just won’t play. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

You know how franchising goes, dudes just won’t play. 

I don't that's true.  Usually they play harder to build up their value on the market.  Anyway, these guys have pride or they wouldn't be playing at the highest levels in their careers.

28 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Thought this tweet was interesting

Frank Clark has one sack, through four games. Chiefs' fans: HE SUCKS! Not worth what he's being paid! Aaron Donald has one sack through four games. *crickets

Reality Check: Its not about sacks. Donald has been a force and Clark has not.

40 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Reality Check: Its not about sacks. Donald has been a force and Clark has not.

No kidding? He has called himself out on his play so far. Fact is he can do the other things right like pressures, clogging a play, sealing the edge, taking up double teams to free others etc but there are those that want to say sacks only. This is why i found it interesting.

I believe Clark is a major reason why Lamar Jackson could not really run around the edge on his side.  He sets the edge.  His pass rushing has been neutralized by doubling on him and chipping him, but that has allowed Jones to dominate.  Pick your poison. Clark is fine.  This thread has kind of worn itself out.

12 hours ago, kkuenn said:

No kidding? He has called himself out on his play so far. Fact is he can do the other things right like pressures, clogging a play, sealing the edge, taking up double teams to free others etc but there are those that want to say sacks only. This is why i found it interesting.

He has some mental issues right now, which could be coming from the lack of sacks pressuring him. His missed tackle in the backfield really hurt us and those aren't the kind of plays Clark used to miss on in Seattle. I agree sacks aren't as vital and numbers never tell the whole story but right now Clark is missing some of his football identity. 

All summer and pre-season, this board has been saturated with posts about how the defense was new, the coordinator was new, most of the players are new, and it will take time to jell into an acceptable defense.  Then a few games into the season, so many are ready to write off the moves the team made attempting to improve the defense.  Come on, guys, give it some time.  By the second half of the season or maybe later, we will know if the defense is good enough for the Chiefs to make a playoff run.  If things slowly improve, that may be good enough.  Twenty nine other teams have fan bases wishing their team had the Chiefs' record at this point while the defense tries to get its act together. 

I think the D is getting better.....They are playing hard and beating some quality teams on the road.

One other point, I always enjoy the journey ( as Bil so aptly pointed out...) but the thing that excites me

is that it may not end in a train wreck this time...

Chiefs need to be dominant on D and Dominant on O to reassure us all.

Too many bad things have happened over the many decades.

w

Alright, just re-watched every pass rush snap from Frank Clark against the Lions. A quick breakdown of his pass rush snaps: One-on-one: 18 snaps Double teamed: 4 snaps Stunts: 5 snaps Chipped: 4 snaps

1. More

Bottom line is this: Pass rushers in 2019 only get so many opportunities. Teams get the ball out quick. They bring extra attention to talented rushers. Clark had his opportunities on Sunday & simply didn't capitalize.

13 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Alright, just re-watched every pass rush snap from Frank Clark against the Lions. A quick breakdown of his pass rush snaps: One-on-one: 18 snaps Double teamed: 4 snaps Stunts: 5 snaps Chipped: 4 snaps

1. More

Bottom line is this: Pass rushers in 2019 only get so many opportunities. Teams get the ball out quick. They bring extra attention to talented rushers. Clark had his opportunities on Sunday & simply didn't capitalize.

Thing to remember is all those chips and double teams are showing attention. Ths single snaps the play may have been to the other side or away from him on some of those too. So even if single but the run play is away from him it really does not fall on him.