Frank clark

Looks like Clark was really admired and respected up in Seattle. 

To me, his rush looks slow, his moves look basic, and he's running himself out of the play here and there. What I mean is he tries a speed rush, and unsuccessfully runs 5 yards past the QB. 

Not sure what's going on, but the pass rush he's lacking. 

Solid run D he has. That, he's playing well at. IMO

1 hour ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Looks like Clark was really admired and respected up in Seattle. 

To me, his rush looks slow, his moves look basic, and he's running himself out of the play here and there. What I mean is he tries a speed rush, and unsuccessfully runs 5 yards past the QB. 

Not sure what's going on, but the pass rush he's lacking. 

Solid run D he has. That, he's playing well at. IMO

I know him from his Seattle days and have been very high on him like most of the folk in Seattle. So far I look to be wrong and he could have been the product of a system or playing with a guy like Wright might have been the key but so far I am definitely very wrong about my evaluation of Clark. 

Its possible bamaroyal but the guy did have 10 plus sacks for 3 straight years.   IMO he reminds me of Tamba Hali.   Plays with a lot of passion but really needs another force opposite him.  Problem is he's making too much money to provide that.   I do think for our defense as a whole it might be better to tag and trade Jones in the offseason.   He's a great player but gets washed out too much in the run game and we have 7-8 holes on this D that are going to need to be addressed in the offseason.  2 DT, 3 LB's and 2-3 DB's.  Wow Veach has whiffed on D.

27 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

For the money, wish we wouldve kept Houston instead. He's putting up better numbers so far while also playing same position as Clark in 4-3. 

Yep....would have two top picks too......that first round pick could , maybe, be helping now

24 minutes ago, ChiefThunder said:

For the money, wish we wouldve kept Houston instead. He's putting up better numbers so far while also playing same position as Clark in 4-3. 

I'm beginning to think that now. I didn't know that much about Clark other than he played on the Seahawks defense. I pictured a legion of boom player with a high motor and playmaking ability.  Last night, Justin Houston looked about how he looked with the Chiefs the last few seasons, but that's still better than what Clark has done so far.

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Yep....would have two top picks too......that first round pick could , maybe, be helping now

That hurts to think about now. 

All we as fans can hope for is he will play better, because there's nothing we can do about it. 

40 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Our cap situation would be a lot worse, though.  Clark is structured more as a shot term rental.  Houston was a very expensive long term contract that wasn't front loaded.  We are gong to need that money to pay Jones and Tyreek, and Mahomes. 

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Our cap situation would be a lot worse, though.  Clark is structured more as a shot term rental.  Houston was a very expensive long term contract that wasn't front loaded.  We are gong to need that money to pay Jones and Tyreek, and Mahomes. 

Not sure Jones is a keeper. Torched in the run game year after year. Let someone else overpay this time. Trade him for a second round pick and this time keep the pick.

5 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Even though we are getting torched in the run game, it's not because of him.  Hopefully he'll step up his pass rush soon.  Here's the chart of Mack's run's yesterdays, you can see our edges contained him, it was up the gut where we got killed.

This is why Jones is not worth signing.

If we would have kept Houston we would be worse in cap and we would be hearing from people here about how much of a waste he is. Then wonder why Veach did nothing to improve our defense yada yada yada. 20/20 vision. Clark is still young and we have yet to see how it all plays out with him let alone this defense.

8 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He doesn’t look strong or explosive. One on one, he’s not moving anyone. It’s one move and go. He doesn’t have an arsenal of moves imo

Honestly at this point, he'd be better off shedding more pounds and playing outside.  He's better suited at end.

I think at some point we have to really start questioning why the Chiefs are bringing in good players and they are suddenly bad.

I don't like Spagnuolo too much, but I think he has a quality staff underneath him.  Veach is bringing in some players that should be good (turds like Erving aside).

I think at a certain point you have to look at the main person in charge.

My NFL knowledge cred may be low in posting this, but am I the only one who knew pretty much nothing about Clark before the trade? I am fine getting new DEs, but he is expected to get 12 sacks a year minimum with this contract. This wasn’t someone mentioned repeatedly in the media like a Bosa, Watt, Clowney, Mack, etc. but he is getting compensated like them.