Frank clark

4 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Just out of curiosity was Clark sought after by any other teams besides the Chiefs? I was surprised by how much we gave up at the time. He might turn it around but sheesh.

Jets and Colts wers the other teams interested.

12 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Just out of curiosity was Clark sought after by any other teams besides the Chiefs? I was surprised by how much we gave up at the time. He might turn it around but sheesh.

There were some rumored interest but it was known all along that Seahawks would trade him away as they couldn't afford him on the roster with Wilson's demands. Giving up multiple picks just when draft picks are most valuable was a surprise in that regard but I guess we were in a bidding war.

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

There were some rumored interest but it was known all along that Seahawks would trade him away as they couldn't afford him on the roster with Wilson's demands. Giving up multiple picks just when draft picks are most valuable was a surprise in that regard but I guess we were in a bidding war.

I would have rather kept Houston..

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

After rewatching the game's key 3rd downs the pass rush is not getting home. Clark, is not even close to getting a hit let alone a single pressure on the QB. Something needs to change. 

Yea, Spags is gonna have to start dialing up more blitzes!

Run blitzes and Pass Blitzes. That's all he can do. With CJ out, we really don't have anyone who can beat their man one on one.

19 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, Spags is gonna have to start dialing up more blitzes!

Run blitzes and Pass Blitzes. That's all he can do. With CJ out, we really don't have anyone who can beat their man one on one.

Where is all these stunts we thought we would see? The blitzes from unknown and unexpected players like a LB or S, even CB from the edge? Shit, we have to establish stopping the run first but holy hell we are seeing nothing from this defense but a basic look.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Where is all these stunts we thought we would see? The blitzes from unknown and unexpected players like a LB or S, even CB from the edge? Shit, we have to establish stopping the run first but holy hell we are seeing nothing from this defense but a basic look.

Are you kidding me? You didnt see all the cover zero blitzes we brought on third downs last week. Saved our asses 3 or 4 times. Say what you want about our run defense but Spagnuolo has done a very good job mixing coverages and pressures.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Are you kidding me? You didnt see all the cover zero blitzes we brought on third downs last week. Saved our asses 3 or 4 times. Say what you want about our run defense but Spagnuolo has done a very good job mixing coverages and pressures.

3 or 4 times? Have you seen any of these blitzes really be effective the first 5 games? Has the pass rush been that great? I have not seen an increase in production at all from all these. Nothing to show much at all. We sit 20th at 11 sacks so far this year. Not seeing to much pressure all the time even if we bring it. I know QBs will get rid of the ball, time to throw etc but over all production is not there. I do not have PFF to see blitz rate or % of pressures etc. I just am seeing a QB lately with a good amount of time to throw when they do. Sure, the occasional blitz works, but nothing as where I thought it would be by now with our defense and who we brought in, changed to 4-3 with Spags etc.  We sit last at the bottom of pressures without blitzing.  So if we are blitzing so much, why is it we are at 20th in total sacks at this time? Our blitz rate is 2nd to lowest. I do not see to many blitzes and neither does the stats. See second tweet.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

3 or 4 times? Have you seen any of these blitzes really be effective the first 5 games? Has the pass rush been that great? I have not seen an increase in production at all from all these. Nothing to show much at all. We sit 20th at 11 sacks so far this year. Not seeing to much pressure all the time even if we bring it. I know QBs will get rid of the ball, time to throw etc but over all production is not there. I do not have PFF to see blitz rate or % of pressures etc. I just am seeing a QB lately with a good amount of time to throw when they do. Sure, the occasional blitz works, but nothing as where I thought it would be by now with our defense and who we brought in, changed to 4-3 with Spags etc.  We sit last at the bottom of pressures without blitzing.  So if we are blitzing so much, why is it we are at 20th in total sacks at this time? Our blitz rate is 2nd to lowest. I do not see to many blitzes and neither does the stats. See second tweet.

I didnt say we were blitzing a lot. I said some well timed blitzes saved our asses on Sunday. They were straight cover zero, no deep safety blitzes. The kind where if you dont get pressure you are truly fucked. 

I see your point though. This doesnt look much like a Jim Johnson defense.

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I didnt say we were blitzing a lot. I said some well timed blitzes saved our asses on Sunday. They were straight cover zero, no deep safety blitzes. The kind where if you dont get pressure you are truly fucked. 

I see your point though. This doesnt look much like a Jim Johnson defense.

Yeah a zero blitz is risky but i would like to see more blitzing in general. We don't do enough of it and our front 4 is shit for getting pressure. Now we are out 2 starting DTs and one DE too.

13 hours ago, artsy said:

I would have rather kept Houston..

Houston seems to be much better and the 2 early picks would simply make up for the difference in cap. May be a 2-year extension to Houston similar to what Indy gave him could have been a useful move, if not one season of decent DE play with our picks either contributing or ready to take over soon. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Houston seems to be much better and the 2 early picks would simply make up for the difference in cap. May be a 2-year extension to Houston similar to what Indy gave him could have been a useful move, if not one season of decent DE play with our picks either contributing or ready to take over soon. 

Colts DE Justin Houston was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 5.

Making his return to Kansas City after spending the first eight years of his career there, Houston was a big part of the Colts' 19-13 upset win over the Chiefs. He recorded one sack and a couple tackles for loss along with three QB hurries.

Oct 9, 2019, 8:52 AM ET

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Making his return to Kansas City after spending the first eight years of his career there, Houston was a big part of the Colts' 19-13 upset win over the Chiefs. He recorded one sack and a couple tackles for loss along with three QB hurries.

That really hurts, the guy we let go is the one that messed up our offense. We were supposed to pile up on tackles behind the LOS this year but seems to be the other way around. 

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

All I can think of are all the complaints about how he is no longer worth the contract we would have had to pay to keep him and the step he has lost.  I think he likes his new system where he is unleashed to rush the passer instead of setting the edge against the run or dropping into coverage.  We did need him to stop the run.  We are paying for his absence.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

All I can think of are all the complaints about how he is no longer worth the contract we would have had to pay to keep him and the step he has lost.  I think he likes his new system where he is unleashed to rush the passer instead of setting the edge against the run or dropping into coverage.  We did need him to stop the run.  We are paying for his absence.

AGREE 

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Lmao are we now pretending that beating Cam Erving is a big deal?

Really good breakdown of Frank Clark so far from Sam Mellinger including a lot of video clips. Basically his conclusion is that he's been a solid player. But we paid and are paying for much better than that. He shows how Clark was really good in Seattle and how we need it here right now. 

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article235938717.html

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Really good breakdown of Frank Clark so far from Sam Mellinger including a lot of video clips. Basically his conclusion is that he's been a solid player. But we paid and are paying for much better than that. He shows how Clark was really good in Seattle and how we need it here right now. 

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article235938717.html

Not new news. Its like saying Robinson would be just a good without Mahomes and the rest of KC weapons. Answer ...he would not be. Clark was a piece off a great defense. Just a piece. Without those guys around him he is average. 

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not new news. Its like saying Robinson would be just a good without Mahomes and the rest of KC weapons. Answer ...he would not be. Clark was a piece off a great defense. Just a piece. Without those guys around him he is average. 

I'm wondering who all those great pieces were last season? Wagner at MLB and ??? Furthermore you didn't even both to read the story. 

31 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I'm wondering who all those great pieces were last season? Wagner at MLB and ??? Furthermore you didn't even both to read the story. 

I read it. Not new news. 20 million per year and a #1 and a #2 is not about anything but what have you done for me lately. Its a horrible deal. Last I am going to comment on it. The Veach Cult is taking a hit. You , however, may need therapy to get out. LOL

I hope he proves me wrong. Winning is much more fun.

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I read it. Not new news. 20 million per year and a #1 and a #2 is not about anything but what have you done for me lately. Its a horrible deal. Last I am going to comment on it. The Veach Cult is taking a hit. You , however, may need therapy to get out. LOL

I hope he proves me wrong. Winning is much more fun.

17-6 since Veach took over including our deepest playoff run in three plus decades. So I guess you are having fun.  

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

17-6 since Veach took over including our deepest playoff run in three plus decades. So I guess you are having fun.  

Yes this is entertainment and really fun. Veach inherited a good offense and Mahomes. Most , not all, teams would be doing very well with Mahomes. May be 17-5 as Chiefs are. May be 21-1.   Its Mahomes not Veach. The roster is 8-8 without him. So dont worry. Its just my , football, opinion....... which is of no real value. Even I accept that. If we were discussing  Real Estate , my opinion is of great value.