Frank clark

55 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I read it. Not new news. 20 million per year and a #1 and a #2 is not about anything but what have you done for me lately. Its a horrible deal. Last I am going to comment on it. The Veach Cult is taking a hit. You , however, may need therapy to get out. LOL

I hope he proves me wrong. Winning is much more fun.

well even with him not producing we are still 4-1. Winning even when all goes wrong.....

39 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Yes this is entertainment and really fun. Veach inherited a good offense and Mahomes. Most , not all, teams would be doing very well with Mahomes. May be 17-5 as Chiefs are. May be 21-1.   Its Mahomes not Veach. The roster is 8-8 without him. So dont worry. Its just my , football, opinion....... which is of no real value. Even I accept that. If we were discussing  Real Estate , my opinion is of great value.

What we have seen here more than anything is that nobody is more responsible for consistently winning than Andy Reid. He's the catalyst behind it all. Nobody in franchise history has delivered such a consistent product. Now that we have a franchise QB for him all we need is a GM who can work with him and get him what he needs without burying us in salary cap hell. It's that simple. Veach has his moments. He's gotta be better and we can win mutliple Lombardi's.  

Brought this up in another post but I wish we would blitz more or do more stunts with the front 4. From this article we have used Clark in just 11 stunts in 5 games!

This is all a process, and we’re not close to the end yet. One area in which it would be fair to expect significant improvement is with stunts. Clark did a lot of this in Seattle, and on both ends of the pass-rusher equivalent of an alley-oop — the one crashing into a teammate’s blocker or the one looping through an open lane and into the quarterback.

At least by my count, Clark has only been involved in 11 of these. A few have been somewhat close, but too often the pressure has simply been late or ineffectively executed.

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

So not good. Talk about all NOT WALKING HIS TALK. Wow. This guy would not start for many teams. You know.....the teams that actually play good defense.

Biggest take away from my quote above is we are not blitzing. We are not stunting. We also are one of the worse at getting pressure while rushing 4 or less. Something has to change.....

I just want to know what the heck he did to get $105 million? I’d never heard of the guy. He isn’t a $100 million man. Stop giving anyone on defense this much money. You literally need to be a year in and out DPotY candidate to get paid that much. Clark, Houston, etc. are contract killers for depth and balance.

31 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I just want to know what the heck he did to get $105 million? I’d never heard of the guy. He isn’t a $100 million man. Stop giving anyone on defense this much money. You literally need to be a year in and out DPotY candidate to get paid that much. Clark, Houston, etc. are contract killers for depth and balance.

Lets not forget a lost #1 and #2 pick.

Im an Angels fan. They won the World Series , in 2002, with a no name team. Disney then sold the team to Arte Moreno. Moreno is a billboard billionaire. The Angels had the best farm system in baseball. Moreno decided to buy another Championship. He decided to own Los Angeles Baseball. Albert Pujols was signed , for 240 million, despite the Angels set at that position. Yes Pujols that was great in ST Louis. Angels still have him. They owe him 30 million per year for two more seasons. He is now 39 years old. He has never had even one great season. They did it several more times with guys like Josh Hamilton. Bottom Line: They are wasting Mike Trout. They have the worst farm system in baseball.

Like KC there are a lot of really good Angels playing for other teams while over payed free agents were brought in.

Veach has taken a similar approach.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

He set the edge great today.  So good, he allowed the Watson game winning Td run

I'll tell you one thing that Dee Ford and Bosa combination is deadly. Ford with a strip sack and another half sack to seal the deal for the Niners. Getting pressure on every play.

8 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

I'll tell you one thing that Dee Ford and Bosa combination is deadly. Ford with a strip sack and another half sack to seal the deal for the Niners. Getting pressure on every play.

Frank Clark is Tamba Hali 2.0.   Hard worker, great attitude and good football player.  Not the same without Allen and Houston though.  We have 4 run stuffing slow and methodical DEs.  Easily stopped in todays NFL

23 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Frank Clark is Tamba Hali 2.0.   Hard worker, great attitude and good football player.  Not the same without Allen and Houston though.  We have 4 run stuffing slow and methodical DEs.  Easily stopped in todays NFL

At least we thought they were run stuffers. Nobody's doing anything.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Clarks not good enough to carry Hali's jock strap at this point. Tamba consistently earned his paycheck, Clark is robbing us blind so far.

4 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Clark was a trade. That and subsequent contract is like Rick Mirer and Hershell Walker bad coupled with Albert Haynesworth. This is the kind of thing that gets people fired and sets teams back 3 to 5 years.

Speaking of fun rookies? Khalen Saunders does back flips. Great 3rd round steal...are we even serious in these draft meetings?

7 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Watching some of Clark's highlights seems to me he's lost a step or two. Maybe Spags wanted him to gain more weight. Either way , yes he's gettig much more attention then he was but most important he's not quick enough to make game changing plays.

Looks to me like he's the product of good system, with studs around him.

Sorta like Hitchens....