Frank clark

When you sign a free agent to a big contract I think two things other than talent are absolutely crucial..Competitivenss/toughness to battle through injuries and a history which doesn't include serious injuries which weve been burned by...From what I'm reading below it says alot about Clark and actually makes me optimistic we haven't seen the best of him by a long shot. 

"When I started the season off, I was probably at 20% [effectiveness]," he said. "I had a lot of doctors tell me I shouldn't even start the season, I shouldn't even have been playing.

"I just wanted to go out there ... from the start of the season and just show my teammates and prove to Chiefs [fans] that I'm here to stay and that they know what type of player they're getting in me."

Clark has five sacks in six games since, though he did miss Weeks 8 and 9 because of the pinched nerve.

"There was a lot going on that was slowing me down that wasn't allowing me to be myself," he said. "The type of player I am, I like to play wild. I like to play with a lot of aggression. I play with a lot of flash. Everything comes with confidence with me. That's how it starts. I feel like I'm the best player on the field when I'm on the field. I've got a lot of things to prove. I feel I'm one of the best defensive ends in the league, and I feel I want to be the best when it's all said and done.

• 2 weeks later...

5 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

He played really well the 2nd half of the season, especially the last 4 games. Someone how illness making him drop 10 lbs brought back his explosiveness.

He actually lost 35 pounds. And now has put back on 15-20. 

Anybody see Clowney play for Seattle last night? I sure didn't. At first glance GM John Scheider had it right. Trading away Clark for picks , basically adding Clowney and Ansah from Detroit. Both have done nothing so far in games that matter where Clark continues to propel forward and dominate these tackles for KC. We alll weren't patient enough with Clark, let's face it. It's definitely paying off now.

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Anybody see Clowney play for Seattle last night? I sure didn't. At first glance GM John Scheider had it right. Trading away Clark for picks , basically adding Clowney and Ansah from Detroit. Both have done nothing so far in games that matter where Clark continues to propel forward and dominate these tackles for KC. We alll weren't patient enough with Clark, let's face it. It's definitely paying off now.

Not really a patience thing. The staff simply hid the injury from public. We'll see even more dominant performances from a healthy Clark during his time in KC. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not really a patience thing. The staff simply hid the injury from public. We'll see even more dominant performances from a healthy Clark during his time in KC. 

I think you could also call it a patience thing.  Throughout the season here's a list of the people that I remember having specific threads either calling for them jobs or calling them a big mistake/problem.

Brett Veach, Andy Reid, Honey Badger, Mecole Hardman, Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Dave Toub, Travis Kelce. 

I'm sure there's a lot more, but these stand out. 

37 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think you could also call it a patience thing.  Throughout the season here's a list of the people that I remember having specific threads either calling for them jobs or calling them a big mistake/problem.

Brett Veach, Andy Reid, Honey Badger, Mecole Hardman, Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Dave Toub, Travis Kelce. 

and I bet the author of those threads could be narrowed down to 2-3 people

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Don't leave out Hill, LDT, and Kpass.  Actually, Mahomes is the only one that someone hasn't called upon to be released or fired and he's probably only a few down games away..  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Actually, Mahomes is the only one that someone hasn't called upon to be released or fired and he's probably only a few down games away..  

Give them time because you know complaining about the team and only wanting to make it better is part of a fans prerogative. Even if the post are emotional and not very well thought out. 😉

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Don't leave out Hill, LDT, and Kpass.  Actually, Mahomes is the only one that someone hasn't called upon to be released or fired and he's probably only a few down games away..  

Mahomes only had 174 Yards Sunday. I think we should trade him and swap picks to the Bengals and move up to draft Burrow from LSU.

Mahomes sucks. We could do just as well with Moore at QB. Plug and play. I dont know why idiot Reid and Veach cant see this. I bet they sign him to a huge contract extension and it will cause us not to go after needed players instead of spending it all on one guy named Mahomes. How will we win if all goes to the QB? This is why I never wanted a franchise type qb.

16 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Mahomes sucks. We could do just as well with Moore at QB. Plug and play. I dont know why idiot Reid and Veach cant see this. I bet they sign him to a huge contract extension and it will cause us not to go after needed players instead of spending it all on one guy named Mahomes. How will we win if all goes to the QB? This is why I never wanted a franchise type qb.

Yep.  At least with Smith, we could afford Houston and Berry.