Frank clark

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Chiefs 2019 defensive DVOA ratings compared to last year 2018: Total rank -26th Pass defense -12th Run defense -32nd Schedule strength -14th Points allowed -24th

2019: Total rank -13th Pass defense -6th Run defense -30th Schedule strength -1st Points allowed -14th

Big credit to Veach and Spags.  I do believe our personnel is improved somewhat, but I have no confidence that Sutton could have done anything with it.  The book on Spags was he had some great years and some awful years.  The optimistic view was that his bad years were the result of bigger issues with the team, guys quitting on the head coach basically.  The pessimistic view was that he only succeeded with pretty good talent, like that Giants front four.  Seems to me like you probably have to lean toward the former at this point.

Also, on the run D vs. the pass D, I don't want to cherry-pick what I do and don't believe, but I'm a little skeptical of that 30th run D rank.  We feel better than that, especially the last few weeks.  But even so, I think ultimately in this league and with our offense I'd rather be strong vs. the pass and questionable vs. the run than vice versa.

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Big credit to Veach and Spags.  I do believe our personnel is improved somewhat, but I have no confidence that Sutton could have done anything with it.  The book on Spags was he had some great years and some awful years.  The optimistic view was that his bad years were the result of bigger issues with the team, guys quitting on the head coach basically.  The pessimistic view was that he only succeeded with pretty good talent, like that Giants front four.  Seems to me like you probably have to lean toward the former at this point.

Also, on the run D vs. the pass D, I don't want to cherry-pick what I do and don't believe, but I'm a little skeptical of that 30th run D rank.  We feel better than that, especially the last few weeks.  But even so, I think ultimately in this league and with our offense I'd rather be strong vs. the pass and questionable vs. the run than vice versa.

3. Point something per carry today. 

5 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

May feel like our run D is better, but we've not faced someone like Henry recently and my optimism is not high when we do.

That's fair up to a point, but in this four game winning streak three of these teams (our division basically) are supposed to be decent to very good in the running game.

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Saw this and you are right.

Encouraging statistics on the Chiefs run defense. Since the defense 'awakened' in Denver, they have allowed 102 rushing yards per game. The Tennessee game is also an extreme outlier - the average drops to 82 without it.

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Encouraging statistics on the Chiefs run defense. Since the defense 'awakened' in Denver, they have allowed 102 rushing yards per game. The Tennessee game is also an extreme outlier - the average drops to 82 without it.

I imagine that the difference between a raw volume stat like this and our DVOA rank is game situation - we've had leads in literally all our games this year, win or lose, so teams are less inclined to run.  Still, other than the Titans game I don't feel like teams are running all over us like many would have you believe.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Are you putting the Titans in the playoffs already? 

Not assuming anything, just saying I will remain skeptical until we face another power running team like them. Don't get me wrong, we are much better than we began, but 5 years of dogshit run D has earned my skepticism. 

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs simply gave that game away. Stupid plays the last 90 seconds. Tenn did not win it.

By far. Houston too. Neither team scares me.

only Baltimore. They are rolling. Now their defense is balling.

if our offense wasn’t struggling a bit, i would say super bowl for sure. Even against Balt. But not with the recent offensive struggles. And I’m saying struggles “compared” to what it is at it’s best. 

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

By far. Houston too. Neither team scares me.

only Baltimore. They are rolling. Now their defense is balling.

if our offense wasn’t struggling a bit, i would say super bowl for sure. Even against Balt. But not with the recent offensive struggles. And I’m saying struggles “compared” to what it is at it’s best. 

Is the offense really struggling?  They looked pretty sharp today in spite of Wylie.  Mahomes was much more effective throwing from the pocket today.  They could have easily hung 30+ on the Donks which is a decent defense.   If healthy, the offense is okay. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Is the offense really struggling?  They looked pretty sharp today in spite of Wylie.  Mahomes was much more effective throwing from the pocket today.  They could have easily hung 30+ on the Donks which is a decent defense.   If healthy, the offense is okay. 

Again, I said compared to what they were last year, yes. They’ll have to be perfect against Balt. A healthy williams will help.

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Again, I said compared to what they were last year, yes. They’ll have to be perfect against Balt. A healthy williams will help.

A healthy Williams would help a lot,  but I like what I saw from Mahomes tonight. 

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Maybe he is better , faster, at this lower weight?

238 is way to light for DE and he had to be physically weaker for it too. No way is this any good. I lost 40 pounds in one month in Iraq  2003 due to the Taji Flu and trust me, I was no where near the physical strength due to it.

11 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

238 is way to light for DE and he had to be physically weaker for it too. No way is this any good. I lost 40 pounds in one month in Iraq  2003 due to the Taji Flu and trust me, I was no where near the physical strength due to it.

Thats you. Everyone is different. He looks better lighter.