Chiefs Lions Game Thread

“A violently executed plan is sometimes better than a perfectly executed plan.” - #Chiefs DL coach Brendan Daly at Tuesday’s pre Lions presser.  Man if this defense can ever develop an attitude like this.  Look out!

Stafford will play, Slay a game time decision.   Lions expect a raucous sellout crowd hoping noise level in the Dome will be a problem for Mahomes and our offense.  (I’m gonna be seriously worried about left side until Fish is back).  

Game stat to watch. The Lions are allowing the third fewest 3rd down conversions overall and the fewest yards.  The Chiefs are converting the third most and the most yards. 

Only four true road games left after today.  

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I would take 24 points against KC all season long. Its good enough to win it all.

I understand what your saying but  I'd like to see the D improve on a weekly bases and I dont see that as much improvement especially against a team that tied the Cards.. there will be those days when we need to win 17-14

Reminder about task at hand. The Lions beat the Patriots by 16 points last September. They also shut down an Eagles offense in our offensive system. 

Play our game and take them out of theirs. That’s how we’ve demoralized our first three opponents in the first half. I think this will be tougher. 

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs by 6

defense comes through in the clutch.

big day running the football 

lol

The Lions have 6 starters out and Schefter is reporting Stafford is playing but almost couldn't go.

KC by 10+

59 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I understand what your saying but  I'd like to see the D improve on a weekly bases and I dont see that as much improvement especially against a team that tied the Cards.. there will be those days when we need to win 17-14

Sure. But really KC only 17 points? Mahomes must be on a BYE. 

9 minutes ago, dksww said:

lol

The Lions have 6 starters out and Schefter is reporting Stafford is playing but almost couldn't go.

KC by 10+

Could be exaggerated. Lions have the best passing game we have faced yet. Marvin Jones and Golladay are good. If we don’t get pressure they will score. That’s why I was conservative with the margin of victory.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

if  those stats prove true the Chiefs D gives up 3 Tds and a FG and that aint good

Giving up 24 on the road to a previously undefeated team is bad?  I know this is all speculative, but I'd feel pretty good about holding this Lions team to 24 points.  Assuming, of course, the Chiefs score 25 or more points.  

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

“A violently executed plan is sometimes better than a perfectly executed plan.” - #Chiefs DL coach Brendan Daly at Tuesday’s pre Lions presser.  Man if this defense can ever develop an attitude like this.  Look out!

Stafford will play, Slay a game time decision.   Lions expect a raucous sellout crowd hoping noise level in the Dome will be a problem for Mahomes and our offense.  (I’m gonna be seriously worried about left side until Fish is back).  

Game stat to watch. The Lions are allowing the third fewest 3rd down conversions overall and the fewest yards.  The Chiefs are converting the third most and the most yards. 

Only four true road games left after today.  

Slay Inactive