Chiefs Lions Game Thread

First was a TD, second wasn't. Lucky for us they didn't spot it but looked obvious from the side angle.

Overall I think this was a great win and a good wake up call for Reid and the staff. They can't get cute. Veach also start investing in linemen, we have 3-man rush getting to Mahomes before all that speed can get open. 

1 minute ago, SEMO said:

Detroit came to play.  Mahomes made the plays when he had to.  

Take the win and get the hell out of there.

Yep, he wasn't as sharp today but I think a lot of that was the pressure he was feeling all game on every throw and the fact his wr's weren't getting open or hanging onto the ball.   Hard to get in a rythym in the 2nd half when everyone of the first 3 possessions I think we fumbled the ball.   Gotta find a way to win those game in this league though and when it mattered most he came up big....again.   Matt Patricia is a great defensive mind so glad Pat got to see some more looks to learn from.   I mean look at Tom Brady today 150 yards and 1 int, even the great ones have off days.  I'm stoked our qb has an off day throwing 300 yards and no int with a game winning 2 minute drive 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

First was a TD, second wasn't. Lucky for us they didn't spot it but looked obvious from the side angle.

Overall I think this was a great win and a good wake up call for Reid and the staff. They can't get cute. Veach also start investing in linemen, we have 3-man rush getting to Mahomes before all that speed can get open. 

Wrong on both counts.

First one he didn't control the ball through the process of the catch.  Not enough evidence to overturn the second one.

They got the challenges correct today.

Just now, liquidfriend said:

Wrong on both counts.

First one he didn't control the ball through the process of the catch.  Not enough evidence to overturn the second one.

What are you talking about?  We are talking about the 2 rush attempts on our game winning drive.  The first rush by Williams was a TD and the 2nd his knee was one down before the 2nd push got him in.  We weren't talking about the correctly called no TD for the Lions.

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

Wew! Glad they won, but frustrated with ESPN's stupid Gamecast. HOW THE HELL IS IT 4TH AND 67, BUT YET THE BALL IS AT THE DETROIT 6 YARD LINE!!!  STUPID, STUPID ESPN. 

Well you didn't have to listen to Charles Davis and his partner slobber all over Stafford all game.  "The original mahomes"

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah the 2nd string DE's look better imo and not sure its close.    

Yep. Time for him to put up. All the good players in the league get doubled and still ball. And he’s not getting doubled that much.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

What are you talking about?  We are talking about the 2 rush attempts on our game winning drive.  The first rush by Williams was a TD and the 2nd his knee was one down before the 2nd push got him in.  We weren't talking about the correctly called no TD for the Lions.

Oh whoops.  I'm way wrong ignore my dumbass.

Thought it was about the Lions TDs

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yep. Time for him to put up. All the good players in the league get doubled and still ball. And he’s not getting doubled that much.

Well nick chubb or von Miller don't have any sacks between the 2 of them. 

Hopefully one gets cut and we get them.  You know since they are busting,  0 sacks and all

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Wrong on both counts.

First one was a run and he broke the plain with a hand under his knee. 

5 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Well nick chubb or von Miller don't have any sacks between the 2 of them. 

Hopefully one gets cut and we get them.  You know since they are busting,  0 sacks and all

I’m not totally talking about sacks. Impact, eye test, etc.

but we can keep making excuses for him.

8 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Well you didn't have to listen to Charles Davis and his partner slobber all over Stafford all game.  "The original mahomes"

I really hate just about any announcer at this point because of how our team is constructed.

• They praise Mahomes, but it's totally justified.
  • Then they rag on our defense---also totally justified, but annoying.
  • When our offense struggles, all they can talk about is how good the other team is doing on us.

The Nantz/Romo and Eagle/Fouts teams are the worst for this (and the Eagle/May combo back in the day was my absolute least favorite).  Guys today weren't great.

7 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I really hate just about any announcer at this point because of how our team is constructed.

• They praise Mahomes, but it's totally justified.
  • Then they rag on our defense---also totally justified, but annoying.
  • When our offense struggles, all they can talk about is how good the other team is doing on us.

The Nantz/Romo and Eagle/Fouts teams are the worst for this (and the Eagle/May combo back in the day was my absolute least favorite).  Guys today weren't great.

The other team does deserve some credit. Not easy to hold KC off. Yet when it counted most Pat won & they lost LOL