Chiefs Lions Game Thread

There are games like this all year long across the NFL. Games that the winners should have lost and vise versa. Be happy with the win and press on. You think the Rams care about the bad call on PI? Do you think NE cares about the tuck rule call? No, a win is a win and be happy with it. It's one step closer to the ultimate goal. 

5 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

We need to trade one our RB’s or WR’s for a good CB.

I will say that I think Spags is doing the best he can with what he has and a shut down corner would help the entire D more than some on this board would give credit.  Locking down one target with one man can allow a DC to mask other areas of concerns and it can also give our front 4 an added millisecond or two to get home.   They scored that last drive by going right at Ward over and over.   I'd rather trade a pick if we are seriously making a run though.....

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I will say that I think Spags is doing the best he can with what he has and a shut down corner would help the entire D more than some on this board would give credit.  Locking down one target with one man can allow a DC to mask other areas of concerns and it can also give our front 4 an added millisecond or two to get home.   They scored that last drive by going right at Ward over and over.   I'd rather trade a pick if we are seriously making a run though.....

Let's see what happens when Claiborne gets up to speed.

16 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’m not totally talking about sacks. Impact, eye test, etc.

but we can keep making excuses for him.

I agree to a point.  He needs to start showing more.  But a lot of the rush yards came up the middle or to our left side.  

Just now, Palangi said:

I agree to a point.  He needs to start showing more.  But a lot of the rush yards came up the middle or to our left side.  

Hopefully we didn’t give up all that for him to “seal” an edge......

and yet the defense is still giving up 200 a game 

10 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

There are games like this all year long across the NFL. Games that the winners should have lost and vise versa. Be happy with the win and press on. You think the Rams care about the bad call on PI? Do you think NE cares about the tuck rule call? No, a win is a win and be happy with it. It's one step closer to the ultimate goal. 

Mvp drive At the end. We are so used to watching that happen to us 

Good come back win.  Did not play well at all, all 3 phases were bad.  Still put 34 points, with 3 turnovers, on the road and won the game.

We still need help at CB.  Hopefully DEN wins today and puts JAX in sell mode for Ramsey.  We could really use it.

Chiefs' coaches will use this game as motivation because we really didn't deserve to win.  All 3 phases were bad today.  

Going forward every punt should be a fair catch.  Risking a fumble and chance for Mahomes to score is just not worth it.  Plus, most of the returns come back on holding anyway.

Same with kick returns.  Never return it unless caught at the 1 yard line.  

Offense was off today, timing with WRs and our run game was hit and miss.

Defense was up and down as well.  Made some plays then gave up plays.  Biggest weakness on defense is still not making a play on 50/50 balls.  50/50 balls are completed 90% of the time against the Chiefs it seems.  

Overall, very glad we got the win, the Chiefs are a really good team.  The TD drive to win the game was perfect and didn't leave DET much chance at the end although DET did get it to the 50 for a hail mary chance twice lol.

I think the Chiefs' coaches will be all over the Chiefs' player's asses this week and we see a better game out of them next Sunday at home against the Colts who gave up 31 to the Raiders and lost.

One last thing to ponder as well today is this was already our 3rd road game and things just aren't going to go your way every game on the road.

This defense needs a lot more than just a corner. Hitchens should be benched or released. Ragland is a rag. About 500 yards given up again. Clearly this is not a one or two key players away. Chiefs have mostly struck out drafting defense and free agents on defense. Need to look at who is making these evaluations.

Ward needs to be released too.

Defense may be a little better than last year and that may be enough.

I think Spags is a much better DC than you know?