A few things about this game that should be concerning

Something that is surpringly not a concern today was Cam Erving.  

Our starting DE's.   Kpass and Ogbah have looked better imo than Clark and Okafor.     I am thankful we have 4 fully capable DE's though and the rotation did look like it helped at the end of the game.  They were getting to Stafford but our DB's don't turn around and look for the ball so it doesn't matter. 

Our LG and C.....I thought Wylie was a lot stronger and meaner that what he has played but dude is getting manhandled and sadly enough he's not as bad as Reiter.    Reiter gets moved around by one player way to easily.   Wonder if Nick Allegreti gets a look when Fisher gets back and maybe Cam gets another look at LG......Something has to be done to give Mahomes time to find his WR's. ----

The secondary.........Tyrann made one big play but dude is looking more and more Dirty Dan level of talent than a slightly below elite level S.   Ward is what he is and I think he's maxed out his talents.  Breeland should get an extension or new deal (along with Chris Jones).   Fuller missed an easy TFL and looks like a guy we should wish farwell at the end of the season.   Claiborne can't get up to speed fast enough.

The WR's.....as fast as they are didn't get open today and when they did only Kelce really showed up.  Watkins and Hardmans fumbled killed any moment we had and I don't even want to talk about DAT.   

And finally our ST unit......I've never seen the unit look so pathetic and dysfunctional.  We couldn't return a kick without a penalty and the turnover was the cherry on top of that pile of crap.

With all that said we won the game and games like this only help down the road.   We can get better and just getting some guys back from injury will do wonders.   I also think we bought into our own hype a little and got a little too confident so hopefully this game teaches us that we can lose to anyone on any given sunday.    And of course we have Pat "Freaking" Mahomes for our QB....the future looks good!

20 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

In my opinion, the D has been better. Not great but better. Based on last year, better would have put the Chiefs in the SB and probably won the SB.

I agree.  We aren't there yet but I think Spags D is going to be good enough, if not this year, for us to win a SB.   I also think if the secondary is improved then our front 7 could get home just a little more often.    I think we are more aggressive and more talented than last year but still a little unsure at times.  Pretty great to get a win while they are figuring it out and Claiborne should help some on that side of the ball.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I agree.  We aren't there yet but I think Spags D is going to be good enough, if not this year, for us to win a SB.   I also think if the secondary is improved then our front 7 could get home just a little more often.    I think we are more aggressive and more talented than last year but still a little unsure at times.  Pretty great to get a win while they are figuring it out and Claiborne should help some on that side of the ball.

Im with you. They did get some critical stops today. The turnovers made their job much more difficult.

9 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Special Teams.  They've got from a strength to completely horrendous.  I think this is where Veach is really weak at, IMO.

Ward is a big issue, too.  Total breakdown on his playing ability.  Thank god Caliborne will be in the building tomorrow.  We. Need. Him.  Bad.

I think Ward is what he is but looks earily similiar to Nelson last year.  Always right there and a finger tip away from making a play but instead gets worked.   Claiborne should help.  Fuller looked just as bad as Ward but they didn't happen on that last drive.

The D stepped up when needed. Even after our 3 fumbles they got one back and kept Detroit from scoring when Stafford was stripped. Then they took another for a 99 yard TD. Even if the got fg from those and we did not get a TD return we would have lost. I hope they study hard in the film room on this game.

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think Ward is what he is but looks earily similiar to Nelson last year.  Always right there and a finger tip away from making a play but instead gets worked.   Claiborne should help.  Fuller looked just as bad as Ward but they didn't happen on that last drive.

Yeah Fuller has looked horrible a lot, but I am unsure how they're going to fix that.

I guess we have to just accept it's going to take some time if not another offseason. We have plenty of defensive issues, but we still get some stops, we aren't playing 10 yards off the ball on 3rd and shorts like Sutton, and ultimately the strip and return for a TD helped us win this game. D is more aggressive, they just aren't good right now outside Jones, Breland, and Thornhill. O was simply off, or Detroit is better than given credit for.

I don't like being a downer, but a lot of you keep mentioning Claibourn. I'm not sure he will be that much better. I guess the thinking is any improvement will be better than what we have, and I understand that. I just don't anyone to get their hopes up. I hope I'm very wrong, of course.

2 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I guess we have to just accept it's going to take some time if not another offseason. We have plenty of defensive issues, but we still get some stops, we aren't playing 10 yards off the ball on 3rd and shorts like Sutton, and ultimately the strip and return for a TD helped us win this game. D is more aggressive, they just aren't good right now outside Jones, Breland, and Thornhill. O was simply off, or Detroit is better than given credit for.

3 fumbles in 3 straight possessions killed any and all momentum after we caught back up before half.    The O looked pumped to get on the field and Hardman fumbled look like it took the air out of the team.  The D didn't look great today but they showed some life when it mattered and Spags called on some blitzes on key drives for them.    This was the Pats game plan but this time we won.    Run the ball and control the clock and keep our O off the field.

15 minutes ago, qnet said:

I don't like being a downer, but a lot of you keep mentioning Claibourn. I'm not sure he will be that much better. I guess the thinking is any improvement will be better than what we have, and I understand that. I just don't anyone to get their hopes up. I hope I'm very wrong, of course.

I don't think Claiborne is good, just that Ward has been horrendous.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Something that is surpringly not a concern today was Cam Erving.  

Our starting DE's.   Kpass and Ogbah have looked better imo than Clark and Okafor.     I am thankful we have 4 fully capable DE's though and the rotation did look like it helped at the end of the game.  They were getting to Stafford but our DB's don't turn around and look for the ball so it doesn't matter. 

Our LG and C.....I thought Wylie was a lot stronger and meaner that what he has played but dude is getting manhandled and sadly enough he's not as bad as Reiter.    Reiter gets moved around by one player way to easily.   Wonder if Nick Allegreti gets a look when Fisher gets back and maybe Cam gets another look at LG......Something has to be done to give Mahomes time to find his WR's. ----

The secondary.........Tyrann made one big play but dude is looking more and more Dirty Dan level of talent than a slightly below elite level S.   Ward is what he is and I think he's maxed out his talents.  Breeland should get an extension or new deal (along with Chris Jones).   Fuller missed an easy TFL and looks like a guy we should wish farwell at the end of the season.   Claiborne can't get up to speed fast enough.

The WR's.....as fast as they are didn't get open today and when they did only Kelce really showed up.  Watkins and Hardmans fumbled killed any moment we had and I don't even want to talk about DAT.   

And finally our ST unit......I've never seen the unit look so pathetic and dysfunctional.  We couldn't return a kick without a penalty and the turnover was the cherry on top of that pile of crap.

With all that said we won the game and games like this only help down the road.   We can get better and just getting some guys back from injury will do wonders.   I also think we bought into our own hype a little and got a little too confident so hopefully this game teaches us that we can lose to anyone on any given sunday.    And of course we have Pat "Freaking" Mahomes for our QB....the future looks good!

100% in agreement with all of this

5 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Isn't it sad we gave up a 1st rounder for Clark.  These big trades for veterans rarely produce.  I hope he proves me wrong.   He's definitely not the Dend like the one in Chicago.

I love the player Clark is and I don't mind the contract he signed but coupled with the comp to get him yeah its easy to second guess.   I'm seeing more Tambi Hali in his prime than Justin Houston in his prime.    He will be fine and probably get his 10 plus sacks for the duration of his contract.   He isn't the reason our D is bad though so while he is low hanging fruit right now he isn't the problem.

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

I love the player Clark is and I don't mind the contract he signed but coupled with the comp to get him yeah its easy to second guess.   I'm seeing more Tambi Hali in his prime than Justin Houston in his prime.    He will be fine and probably get his 10 plus sacks for the duration of his contract.   He isn't the reason our D is bad though so while he is low hanging fruit right now he isn't the problem.

Agree 100%. People like to look at contracts and draft picks. Then again they have never been a GM in the NFL, possibly a GM in Fantasy Football or Madden but not the NFL.

4 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Agree 100%. People like to look at contracts and draft picks. Then again they have never been a GM in the NFL, possibly a GM in Fantasy Football or Madden but not the NFL.

You are correct. No point in discussing anything on an NFL social media board because nobody is qualified on any NFL subject. Thank you MR 63 GUY for sharing your equally unqualified opinions. :wub: