A few things about this game that should be concerning

17 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Isn't it sad we gave up a 1st rounder for Clark.  These big trades for veterans rarely produce.  I hope he proves me wrong.   He's definitely not the Dend like the one in Chicago.

Funny because that D end un Chicago was traded for and given a huge contract too. Some time it works and some time it does not. He has time though as does the defense to get better. In the mean time we still find ways to win which helps us later on.

Just now, FANATIC said:

You are correct. No point in discussing anything on an NFL social media board because nobody is qualified on any NFL subject. Thank you MR 63 GUY. :wub:

Are you just an asshole or just stupid? Don't want to be accused of calling someone something derogatory so I assume you're both, that way I cover all bases.

The WRs were embarrassing.  No other way to put it.  There were multiple times that the wrong routes were run, guys weren't getting their head around, and it was a piss poor display of getting open.  They got physical with our WRs, and they folded like a bunch of drunk cheerleaders.  A group that I thought was a clear strength put up an utterly pathetic performance.  Watkins couldn't get open, dropped a couple of balls, and had that fumble.  With a breakout game still fresh in everyone's mind, Robinson was completely terrible, not breaking off for an obvious back shoulder throw, and ran the completely wrong route another time. Reid would much rather throw it than run it, but running it was the product of just how bad our WRs were today.  It says a lot when you have the reigning MVP at QB and Andy Reid is calling handoffs to the 3rd string RB in the 4th quarter.  It was that bad. 

Still can't stop the run. I was hoping this team could fix that. We faced a running back who was averaging barely 3 yards a carry over his previous 100 attempts. Chiefs made him look pretty darn impressive today. When the cold weather hits running the ball will be even more important. I would like to think this team will improve as the season goes on but I have major concerns about it. As for Cam Erving? I noticed several times he was getting shoved back into Pat. The Oline as a whole looked shaky. Sometimes getting owned by 3 man rushes. Fortunately we have Superman back there at quarterback...otherwise this game could easily have ended differently.

5 hours ago, Calichief said:

Yep. 

But I’m proud of reid for running it at the end and not getting too pass happy.

I think he may have watched the Packers game! I haven’t seen that much commitment to the run in short yardage situations ever. And Cam Erving sucks!

21 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Still can't stop the run. I was hoping this team could fix that. We faced a running back who was averaging barely 3 yards a carry over his previous 100 attempts. Chiefs made him look pretty darn impressive today. When the cold weather hits running the ball will be even more important. I would like to think this team will improve as the season goes on but I have major concerns about it. As for Cam Erving? I noticed several times he was getting shoved back into Pat. The Oline as a whole looked shaky. Sometimes getting owned by 3 man rushes. Fortunately we have Superman back there at quarterback...otherwise this game could easily have ended differently.

Yes, later in cold weather games when it's smash mouth teams will ground and pound. Hitchens , is very slow and always chasing the play. Wilson has been a pleasant surprise. We geared up to stop the pass against Detroit as we knew this would be a track meet. I'm not too worried I trust Spags more than Father Time. Clark, will come around. HB flashed big today. Thornhill is a baller. Chris Jones best player needs to be paid. 

As for O-Line, the Canadian really drove back two guys on that winning TD. He is a bull dozer at times and the center played well today. Cam did well and Fisher coming back will help. We are still yet to peak!

5 hours ago, qnet said:

I don't like being a downer, but a lot of you keep mentioning Claibourn. I'm not sure he will be that much better. I guess the thinking is any improvement will be better than what we have, and I understand that. I just don't anyone to get their hopes up. I hope I'm very wrong, of course.

Claiborne doesn't have to be great.  He needs to be better than Ward.  Last season the Chiefs replaced Scandrick with Ward and it was a little better.  Maybe the same scenario this season with Claiborne. 

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Once again thankful for Pat Mahomes. RBs and WRs losing fumbles all day, defense just getting punked by the run, DBs that have absolutely no ball awareness, missed 36 yarder and he rolls then down the field to win another. Kelce showed up today.

Does it remind you of a certain former Donk QB who always seemed to pull the rabbit out of the hat in the final minute?  KC is so fortunate to have that talent with the Chiefs. 

Nobody in the NFL has played more road games than we have. Nobody in the NFL has two ten point deficit wins. We haven’t played a sub 500 team. Only 3 unbeaten s left.   And we’ve played most of the first quarter of that season without WR1, RB1 and LT1.  I feel pretty damn good personally!

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Nobody in the NFL has played more road games than we have. Nobody in the NFL has two ten point deficit wins. We haven’t played a sub 500 team.  And we’ve played most of the first quarter of that season without WR1, RB1 and LT1.  I feel pretty damn good personally!

Great points!

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Nobody in the NFL has played more road games than we have. Nobody in the NFL has two ten point deficit wins. We haven’t played a sub 500 team. Only 3 unbeaten s left.   And we’ve played most of the first quarter of that season without WR1, RB1 and LT1.  I feel pretty damn good personally!

They have played only undefeated teams, but they played their first good QB today and it almost bit them.  Rivers twice, Rogers, and Brady must be licking their chops.  The Chiefs are lucky that Hill, Claiborne, Fisher, and Williams should be back for the second half. 

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

They have played only undefeated teams, but they played their first good QB today and it almost bit them.  Rivers twice, Rogers, and Brady must be licking their chops.  The Chiefs are lucky that Hill, Claiborne, Fisher, and Williams should be back for the second half. 

Injuries are something you go through all year. We’ll have them back and have others out.. say it goes 

41 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Injuries are something you go through all year. We’ll have them back and have others out.. say it goes 

A CB on a struggling secondary, a LT on a struggling line, and a top target for the MVP QB is a lot.  Not whining, the Chiefs are 4-0, but today's game exposed the Chiefs weaknesses.  It seems obvious that Patricia consulted with BB on how to shut down the Chiefs.  It almost worked. 

56 minutes ago, jetlord said:

LOL, scary to think about,  but true.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

A CB on a struggling secondary, a LT on a struggling line, and a top target for the MVP QB is a lot.  Not whining, the Chiefs are 4-0, but today's game exposed the Chiefs weaknesses.  It seems obvious that Patricia consulted with BB on how to shut down the Chiefs.  It almost worked. 

That's something else, I never  thought about that, but he obviously learned something from Belichick. 

The one positive I can take away from this is from your first paragraph. If the Chiefs had Hill, Fisher and Williams in that game, they may have put a clown suit on the Lions, but it's hard to say. With the emergence of Watkins playing healthy and Drob, they may have. 

It's a long season and, I'm just glad they won. I have to finish watching the game to give a more accurate opinion,  but your points are spot on so far. 

16 minutes ago, qnet said:

LOL, scary to think about,  but true.

That's something else, I never  thought about that, but he obviously learned something from Belichick. 

The one positive I can take away from this is from your first paragraph. If the Chiefs had Hill, Fisher and Williams in that game, they may have put a clown suit on the Lions, but it's hard to say. With the emergence of Watkins playing healthy and Drob, they may have. 

It's a long season and, I'm just glad they won. I have to finish watching the game to give a more accurate opinion,  but your points are spot on so far. 

I'll bet Patricia was on the phone with Belicheck last week.  BB would certainly want the Chiefs to lose a non-conference game and they are good friends and worked together.  If anyone knows how to defense the Chiefs, it would be BB. 

There seems to be no focus on it but play calling might have been the worst part of our offense in this game. We basically ran the ball just for fun except in goal line situations. Lions could simply focus on stopping the pass and that's what they did the entire game. I might be missing some plays but I think we may have finished the game without a single play action. OL was bad but play calling just made them worse as we did exactly what they weren't capable of.