Could you?
Memories may be beautiful and yet
What's too painful to remember
You can simply choose to ignore
So it's the laughter you will remember
Whenever you remember
Its The way you were
The way you were

and I heard Barbara 's voice as I read it...perfect ..

5 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Wait - so let me get this right...  Reid had the balls to draft Mahomes, who I stated for public record on this very site was the best QB in that draft, but Reid was courageous in doing so...?

But Elway was "lucky" to get Manning, who was being courted by a number of teams and GMs?  Elway had nothing to do with talking Manning in to signing with Denver? 

Reid just had to announce his decision, Elway actually had to sell himself and Denver to Manning, who had stupid money being thrown at him from all over the NFL to sign with other teams.

Your statement is biased as hell dude.   

pretty sure that Elway didn't have to sell the broncos that much, KC was lucky that the bears & Bills were stupid...and yes denver was lucky as well

stop being so fucking sensitive

Wait - so let me get this right...  Reid had the balls to draft Mahomes, who I stated for public record on this very site was the best QB in that draft, but Reid was courageous in doing so...?

But Elway was "lucky" to get Manning, who was being courted by a number of teams and GMs?  Elway had nothing to do with talking Manning in to signing with Denver? 

Reid just had to announce his decision, Elway actually had to sell himself and Denver to Manning, who had stupid money being thrown at him from all over the NFL to sign with other teams.

pretty sure that Elway didn't have to sell the broncos that much, KC was lucky that the bears & Bills were stupid...and yes denver was lucky as well

4 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Here's the irony - KC was pushing hard for Manning, thought they might land him, until Manning basically said they weren't even in the running...  

But let's consider the condition Denver was in at that time...  They had just come off a playoff win against the Steelers, had Tim Tebow as their starting QB.  Had just endured two scandal-filled seasons with Josh McDaniels.  Had just traded Cutler for Kyle f'ing Orton.  Hadn't won a playoff game since Jake Plummer retired.  Hadn't won a Super Bowl since Elway retired.

So yeah, Elway landing Manning was a hell of a coup.  Stop with the homerism dude.

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

Here's the irony - KC was pushing hard for Manning, thought they might land him, until Manning basically said they weren't even in the running...  

But let's consider the condition Denver was in at that time...  They had just come off a playoff win against the Steelers, had Tim Tebow as their starting QB.  Had just endured two scandal-filled seasons with Josh McDaniels.  Had just traded Cutler for Kyle f'ing Orton.  Hadn't won a playoff game since Jake Plummer retired.  Hadn't won a Super Bowl since Elway retired.

So yeah, Elway landing Manning was a hell of a coup.  Stop with the homerism dude.

what homerism, i said the chiefs were lucky that the bears and bills were stupid

1 minute ago, KC Warpaint said:

Et Tu Brute

I'm not being a homer.  I opened up in this thread by saying very clearly that Elway's last two selections for HC have sucked.  He deserves to be questioned for that.  But he also has two Super Bowl appearances in recent history in that capacity, so it isn't like he's clueless either.  It's all about landing the right QB.  Elite QBs don't grow on trees, and if you don't have one, you aren't making the playoffs every season.  So until Denver is in a position to draft one, unless Drew Lock is the one, it's going to be hard to compete at a high level regardless.

Either way, Fangio needs to go.

You're the one trying to tell me that Elway's success has been luck, which is beyond ridiculous if you analyze it objectively.

Just now, BroncoStud said:

I'm not being a homer.  I opened up in this thread by saying very clearly that Elway's last two selections for HC have sucked.  He deserves to be questioned for that.  But he also has two Super Bowl appearances in recent history in that capacity, so it isn't like he's clueless either.  It's all about landing the right QB.  Elite QBs don't grow on trees, and if you don't have one, you aren't making the playoffs every season.  So until Denver is in a position to draft one, unless Drew Lock is the one, it's going to be hard to compete at a high level regardless.

You're the one trying to tell me that Elway's success has been luck, which is beyond ridiculous if you analyze it objectively.

Repeat 100 Times

Elway is God   We are not 0-4

Elway is God We are not 0-4

As frustration mounts around the Broncos and their 0-4 start, it appears Harris already has an eye on his impending free agency.

“I ain’t saying nothing. Thirteen more weeks for me,” Harris told Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post as he made his way to the door last night.

The 30-year-old Harris is clearly talented enough to help a good team, he just doesn’t happen to be on one at the moment.

And whether his words are simply the emotion of a difficult loss or a career plan (if he gets the flu or back pain or a hamstring strain or paternity leave, we’ll know), it’s not a good sign for the team John Elway has built there.

2 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

i said elways recent success was in large part due to Manning, not because of elway, possibly my choice of words did not get my point across well

i agree without the right QB it is a land of suck,  the chiefs lived in that area code for too damn long

John Elway needs to avoid turning the Broncos into the Raiders

The Oakland Raiders have hired and fired a head coach every other year in the last two decades. It’s not a road John Elway should drive the Denver Broncos down.

By Tim Lynch@TimLynch1978  Sep 30, 2019, 7:30am MDT

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

i said elways recent success was in large part due to Manning, not because of elway, possibly my choice of words did not get my point across well

i agree without the right QB it is a land of suck,  the chiefs lived in that area code for too damn long

Just imagine the Patriots without Brady, the Packers without Favre/Rodgers, or something closer to home, the Chiefs without Mahomes...

You might have some good seasons here and there, but overall if you want to compete year in and year out, especially in today's pass-happy NFL, good to great QB play is imperative.

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

fangio with the broncos reminds me of when the chiefs hired Gunther...those types of guys are successful coordinators for a reason

That's a really good analogy actually.  Some dudes are made to be coordinators (see Wade Phillips as well), and just don't transition well to the HC role.  Elway should have known this when he interviewed Fangio repeatedly.

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

Just imagine the Patriots without Brady, the Packers without Favre/Rodgers, or something closer to home, the Chiefs without Mahomes...

You might have some good seasons here and there, but overall if you want to compete year in and year out, especially in today's pass-happy NFL, good to great QB play is imperative.

Memories:

Sitting at 0-4, the 2019 season for the Denver Broncos is essentially over. While there is still a chance to turn things around, it doesn’t feel like that is in the cards for this year.

The mood in the locker room was reportedly not a good one either.

Mark Kiszla of The Denver Post caught a disappointing comment from Chris Harris Jr. as he left the locker room, which kind of sums up where the team is at heading into October.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/9/30/20891413/broncos-fire-sale

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Memories:

Sitting at 0-4, the 2019 season for the Denver Broncos is essentially over. While there is still a chance to turn things around, it doesn’t feel like that is in the cards for this year.

The mood in the locker room was reportedly not a good one either.

Mark Kiszla of The Denver Post caught a disappointing comment from Chris Harris Jr. as he left the locker room, which kind of sums up where the team is at heading into October.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/9/30/20891413/broncos-fire-sale

I hope Denver loses every game and gets the 1st pick in the draft.  If you aren't making the playoffs there is zero reason to win games.  

4 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

I hope Denver loses every game and gets the 1st pick in the draft.  If you aren't making the playoffs there is zero reason to win games.  

We agree on something. Problem is Elway will choose that pick? Then again maybe not?

2 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

No.  I am pointing out the FACT that John Elway is largely responsible for 7 Super Bowl appearances throughout his career, 2 of them being fairly recently as the de facto GM.  Pointing this FACT out is pertinent to the discussion that Elway should or should not be fired.  Andy Reid hasn't won a Super Bowl as a HC or de facto GM in his long career, yet he is gainfully employed by the Chiefs.  Let's not be hypocrites fellas, rise above your homerism.

If Andy Reid loses 8 straight, he will be getting the same sorts of questions. 

5 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Broncos’ OLB Bradley Chubb tore his ACL and is

Bradley Chubb has a partially torn ACL in his left knee and will miss the rest of the season, a "huge loss" for the winless Denver Broncos.

man that has to really suck, winless and now this.

BroncoStud I'm a KC faithful all my life,  but the bullshit people are trying to spew at you is hysterical. I'm a realist, every KC fan here would do anything to be able to brag about the SB appearances and wins Denver/Elway has. Can't stand Elway, but the guy has delivered and NOBODY can argue this, it's a historical fact, the rings prove it. He's sucking it up now and I love seeing it. Hope it continues...without being on the field or signing an established probowl QB, dude can't identify QB talent and coaching if his life depended on it.

That said, I hope KC/Reid/Mahomes can now create the same type of legacy Elway has. Have to give credit where credit is due all. Now fuck the broncos