When Will Horse Face Get Fired?

FANATIC

12 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

BroncoStud I'm a KC faithful all my life,  but the bullshit people are trying to spew at you is hysterical. I'm a realist, every KC fan here would do anything to be able to brag about the SB appearances and wins Denver/Elway has. Can't stand Elway, but the guy has delivered and NOBODY can argue this, it's a historical fact, the rings prove it. He's sucking it up now and I love seeing it. Hope it continues...without being on the field or signing an established probowl QB, dude can't identify QB talent and coaching if his life depended on it.

That said, I hope KC/Reid/Mahomes can now create the same type of legacy Elway has. Have to give credit where credit is due all. Now fuck the broncos

I'm not sure what bullshit people are spewing.  Elway had some success.  Getting Manning, John Fox and Gary Kubiak were good moves and he was responsible for building one of the better defenses in recent times.  But the fact of the matter is that he has made a lot of questionable to poor decisions lately--Vance Joseph, Brock Osweiler, Flacco, Keenum, Paxton Lynch.  I think the jury is out on Fangio.  His defense is eroding, they've lost 8 straight and since the end of the 2016 they are 11-25.  I'm sure BroncoStud knows they will make a change if something doesn't change and fairly quickly. 

13 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It's an organization that fired John Fox, who had won 12, 13 and 13 games over three seasons with a super bowl appearance.  That should tell you what the expectations are.

KC fans lived with constant nightmares in those days. Now its all pleasant dreams. All Donkeys have left are memories " back in the day" and live with nightmares likely to last a decade or longer. LOL   

Its a great time to be a KC FAN. " Pleasant Dreams Coming True".

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:22 PM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

He's had his moments, however he brought in Manning and went to two SBs. However, for the most part he has sucked.

Yes, it got him a SB, but consider that Elway pretty much brought in Manning, promised massive contracts to a bunch of people, got his super bowl, and then started telling all the people that trusted him to take a pay cut or take a hike.  He went all in on a 4 year plan.  Unless he finds another Peyton Manning to start this again, nobody is going to want to go to that trash dumpster of a team as long as Elway is in charge. 

The Denver Broncos as we see them now will be very different in 2020 and 2021.

The defense especially will be completely blown up in the coming years as some of the beloved veterans head to different pastures and the group is built in Vic Fangio’s image (e.g an NFL caliber ILB). Since we all knew that 2019 wasn’t going to bring us a playoff appearance, the 0-4 start could actually be a good thing in that it will force Elway to fully realize a rebuild rather than half-***ing it like he has for the past three-plus years.

It’s not all doom and gloom and I actually get quite giddy when imagining Drew Lock and his mobility in this offense. Sadly I think that Sanders will (and should) be traded by the time the rookie gets a chance to play but there are still some really great pieces that could boost his chances of success.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/10/1/20890955/broncos-quietly-in-full-rebuild

Elway has issues with finding a QB and going the retread route. He had poor hires in coaches and they take the blame for the product he helps put on the field.

He also cannot retain his own players drafted it seems. His drafts at the higher picks are questionable save for a couple of them. This along with retaining their own talent has hurt them a lot.

He won't last much longer and it will be because of what he helped them do and that is winning. The Broncos have a winning culture and expect them to compete every year.

They will fire Elway and blow it all up with a rebuild here in a few seasons. New coach, new gm, and a slew of picks. It will also go with releasing vets and getting cap space etc.

This year alone they had a huge amount of free agents and were unable to keep the good ones while giving a huge and ridiculous contract to their right tackle. KC needs to take advantage if this period of bad football coming out of Denver.

Take a look at some of his drafts and then see how many are with the team any more etc. 5 qbs drafted as he has not ignored it but again wasted picks on some of them along with going the retread route like Case, Flacco etc. Then the good ones he has had, how many are with the team any more.

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/LongFormArticle/Grading-John-Elways-Draft-record-as-Broncos-GM--130439755/

56 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He had poor hires in coaches and they take the blame for the product he helps put on the field.

He has hired four coaches, two of which took them to the Super Bowl.  Vance Joseph sucked, but I'm not sure you can criticize the Fangino hiring yet.  He was a pretty hot commodity when hired. 

Other than Manning, his quarterback record is awful.  Old testament stuff.  Not just in terms of talent, but what they have given for that talent in terms of draft picks and dollars. 

12 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

He has hired four coaches, two of which took them to the Super Bowl.  Vance Joseph sucked, but I'm not sure you can criticize the Fangino hiring yet.  He was a pretty hot commodity when hired. 

Other than Manning, his quarterback record is awful.  Old testament stuff.  Not just in terms of talent, but what they have given for that talent in terms of draft picks and dollars. 

Fox was not going to get them over the hump. He went and got Kubiak who did just that and he quit coaching for health reasons after ine season. Thing is he sat there in other aspects and when Vic was hired he had a chance to come in and help with offense. He chose not to and actually moved on to di it for Vikings as assistant head coach and offensive advisor .

Something is going on there when a SB winning coach turns you down and moves on to another team to do the same role he was offered before.

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Fox was not going to get them over the hump.

He inherited a 2-14 and promptly turned them into 13 games a year and got them to the Super Bowl, which was his 2nd in 10 years as a coach.  He lost the first one on a last second field goal to Tom Brady and the Patriots.    I'm not sure how you can in say Fox was a bad hire or that he was incapable of getting them over the hump even though he ultimately lost both Super Bowls that he appeared in. 

None the less, Elway is doing very poorly lately and he won't be there long if it doesn't change.  And fast. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

He inherited a 2-14 and promptly turned them into 13 games a year and got them to the Super Bowl, which was his 2nd in 10 years as a coach.  He lost the first one on a last second field goal to Tom Brady and the Patriots.    I'm not sure how you can in say Fox was a bad hire or that he was incapable of getting them over the hump even though he ultimately lost both Super Bowls that he appeared in. 

None the less, Elway is doing very poorly lately and he won't be there long if it doesn't change.  And fast. 

I say that because they fired him still after doing all of that. Elway made that choice 

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I wish you donk fans would stop trolling.

Elway won't be successful until he finds the next Manning but that won't be easy as he doesn't seem to be able to draft QBs and there's almost no development. He needs to hire a Foles-type QB who has fallen from grace but can bounce back in the right environment. He has been trying that but no luck so far. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Elway won't be successful until he finds the next Manning but that won't be easy as he doesn't seem to be able to draft QBs and there's almost no development. He needs to hire a Foles-type QB who has fallen from grace but can bounce back in the right environment. He has been trying that but no luck so far. 

Hell if Mustache Minshew keeps playing well he can probably have Foles.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:30 AM, sith13 said:

Keenum was OK last season.  I would definitely prefer him over Average Joe any day of the week.  I think the problem isn't so much skill position, but it's Denver's offense line - it sucks.  

6 minutes ago, BroncoStud said:

Keenum was OK last season.  I would definitely prefer him over Average Joe any day of the week.  I think the problem isn't so much skill position, but it's Denver's offense line - it sucks.  

They have some decent investment on that line with a couple pricey FAs on the right and high picks on the left but definitely terrible coaching. Last year Keenum did better than Joe has done so far this season but I think both are simply poor man's Smith. 

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

They have some decent investment on that line with a couple pricey FAs on the right and high picks on the left but definitely terrible coaching. Last year Keenum did better than Joe has done so far this season but I think both are simply poor man's Smith. 

Did you know Elway's plan before bringing Keenum in last year was a Shanahan-Cousins package deal?  Apparently the agreement had been reached but Joe Ellis stepped in and stopped it before contracts were signed.

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

Did you know Elway's plan before bringing Keenum in last year was a Shanahan-Cousins package deal?  Apparently the agreement had been reached but Joe Ellis stepped in and stopped it before contracts were signed.

Didn't know that, makes sense for Elway. Find someone that will take up the entire load on offense and give him his QB. That could have been some decent competition in the division.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Didn't know that, makes sense for Elway. Find someone that will take up the entire load on offense and give him his QB. That could have been some decent competition in the division.

John Elway is dreaming of better times.

The Hall of Fame quarterback and Denver general manager had secret meetings with former coach Mike Shanahan about possibly replacing struggling coach Vance Joseph, according to an explosive report that surfaced just after Joseph’s latest blunder in Saturday’s loss to the Browns.

Elway and Shanahan had met a year ago to discuss a scenario where Shanahan, a two-time Super Bowl champion coach with the Broncos, could return to the sidelines and coach the Broncos, the Denver Post reported, citing sources.

Elway was spit-balling a vision that involved firing Joseph after his first season with the Broncos, in which he went 5-11 in 2017, and bringing in Kirk Cousins at quarterback. Cousins, according to the report, met with Shanahan — who coached him in Washington — and would have come to the Broncos if the coaching switch had been made. When it did not, Cousins signed with the Vikings, and the Broncos settled on Case Keenum.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/17/john-elways-spoiled-plan-to-bring-mike-shanahan-back-to-broncos/