A few things about today’s game that should be applauded.

Just now, Thegoatee said:

We won when we got tested. Others didn’t this week.

Exactly. This is not a perfect team and they certainly did not play a perfect game today, but they won. And that’s huge. They will continue ur to be a difficult out throughout the year and will probably win a game or two more that look as bad as this one. 

This too without our starting WR, LT and RB. We will get better as we play more on defense and get healthier too. Clark and HB have yet to really live up to their contracts/hype. Just imagine if they get it going along with Mo coming in next week too.

I'm still watching the game. The Lions are looking pretty solid. I was semi-worried about this game because of who they beat (Chargers & Eagles). My concern was justified because they're playing well, but so are the Chiefs comparatively. 

We would not have beaten NE playing like that but the big thing to me is we found a way to win when we were out played. I think championship teams do that. Unlike the Chargers who seem to find a way to lose sometimes.

I love that it was a terrible day for Mahomes. Off target throws, but time pressure, receivers couldn’t get open....  And he still threw for 315. It is amazing that 315 is what a “bad” day is. 

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

We would not have beaten NE playing like that but the big thing to me is we found a way to win when we were out played. I think championship teams do that. Unlike the Chargers who seem to find a way to lose sometimes.

I love that it was a terrible day for Mahomes. Off target throws, but time pressure, receivers couldn’t get open....  And he still threw for 315. It is amazing that 315 is what a “bad” day is. 

We played against the ex defensive coach from NE. He set them up as he learned from NE. We won and i think we would have too against NE. Look at their play yearerday against a much lesser qb and team. I know the chiefs would have won that game.

14 hours ago, Calichief said:

Andy staying with run is #1 for me. In the past, we lose because he continues to throw.

Great recognition by Andy. They were throwing our WRs off routes and blanketing Kelce causing major problems in the red zone. He made a statement to the oline by doing this even though it’s certainly not what we do best.  

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We played against the ex defensive coach from NE. He set them up as he learned from NE. We won and i think we would have too against NE. Look at their play yearerday against a much lesser qb and team. I know the chiefs would have won that game.

There’s no doubt BB and Patricia talked this week IMO. Served both of them for Lions to win.  

You should count on having to win one ugly slugfest in January if you want to hoist the Lombardi.  Game defensive effort wasn’t good enough but 8 TFL and 4 sacks flashed some real system promise. The MVP pulled an Elway by being mortal all game but pulling out the W with clutch play anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You should count on having to win one ugly slugfest in January if you want to hoist the Lombardi.  Game defensive effort wasn’t good enough but 8 TFL and 4 sacks flashed some real system promise. The MVP pulled an Elway by being mortal all game but pulling out the W with clutch play anyway. 

The turnovers did not help the D. Good to get those out of the way and win.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Not that it matters, but NE couldn't have beaten the Chiefs if NE played them the way they did yesterday.  All teams have bad games and the Chiefs dodged a bullet yesterday.  Would they have looked better with Fisher and Hill?  Maybe, but the Lions would have been better with Slay.  One thing we can count on is that every opponent will have learned from the Belichick/Patricia model of defensing the Chiefs.