Worse Game of Mahomes NFL Career

As usual watched with my son and told him from a strictly game perspective not stats, I really liked the game Mahomes played. Mature beyond his years. He didn't throw for a TD. BFD. Didn't throw an INT. either. As Cali mentioned earlier, I'm glad Andy ran down at the goal line. I believe we had (3) 1- yard TD runs. He had to get us in position to get those short runs. Game on the line, took it right down the field with his legs and arm. Sure he was off a little accuracy wise. On the road, loud, tough D, 90 fumbles lost, defense shredded, etc. Walked out with over 300 and another W.

Not that there's not room for improvement, because there is.  But these games happen.  The Patriots had a scare from the BIlls, the Cowboys are behind the Saints, the Rams lost.  You win these games and consider it lucky and move on.  One game doesn't mean more than the previous 20.  

Does a lot for the Chiefs confidence. Better KC get this out of the way early. Mahomes, said the right things after the game. KC faced adversity and pulled through.

Baltimore game was physical last week. KC lost last year against Chargers after Baltimore game.. Look at the Ravens today, took a toll out on both teams.

17 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

As usual watched with my son and told him from a strictly game perspective not stats, I really liked the game Mahomes played. Mature beyond his years. He didn't throw for a TD. BFD. Didn't throw an INT. either. As Cali mentioned earlier, I'm glad Andy ran down at the goal line. I believe we had (3) 1- yard TD runs. He had to get us in position to get those short runs. Game on the line, took it right down the field with his legs and arm. Sure he was off a little accuracy wise. On the road, loud, tough D, 90 fumbles lost, defense shredded, etc. Walked out with over 300 and another W.

Yes, and how many times has Alex Smith taken us down the field on a game winning drive only to come up so close. Not now , happily enjoyed seeing the Chiefs in a game today. Finally worth the watch.

Tyreek Hill, was sorely missed today. His dynamic play-making ability is the difference between being a contender to a SB favorite. Kelce , is a baller. Superstars make plays like that to change games.

I don't know that this was *obviously* worse than 2017 @ DEN (also a game-winning drive but similar stats), 2018 vs. JAX, 2018 @ SEA, oddly enough 2018 @ LAR (5 turnovers!), or the various 1st halves of 2018 vs. DEN, 2018 @ NE, and the AFCCG.

But yes, it's utterly silly when 60%, 300+ yards, no TOs, and the game-winning TD drive are a "bad game."

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

I don't know that this was *obviously* worse than 2017 @ DEN (also a game-winning drive but similar stats), 2018 vs. JAX, 2018 @ SEA, oddly enough 2018 @ LAR (5 turnovers!), or the various 1st halves of 2018 vs. DEN, 2018 @ NE, and the AFCCG.

But yes, it's utterly silly when 60%, 300+ yards, no TOs, and the game-winning TD drive are a "bad game."

Exactly, a bad Mahomes game is good for others.

8 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

If we want to talk about people having bad games, Watkins and Hardman had some career level bad today. Short as Hardman’s is, but these guys mistakes hurt. I love that Mahomes has a game better than most Alex Smith had as his worst game. The ceiling is so much higher.

The more I watch Watkins the less I feel he's worth keeping after this year. Big drop against Baltimore last week and multiple mistakes today. On the final game-winning drive he had the opportunity to go up and snatch a game winning TD , but he doesn't quite have that receiving knack which the greats like Julio, OBJ, Thomas have. He let Coleman eat his lunch today punching out a ball mutiple times and beating him on the jump ball. Watkins, is an expensive RB rather than receiver. A luxury more than a necessity. We are missing a receiver in the redzone to go up and get it. Watkins is a baller when he has the ball in his hands with YAC though. 

18 minutes ago, qnet said:

I just got done with watching the first half, and as usual; it doesn't look as bad as you guys always make it out to be.  I give the Lions credit, because they're doing what a few teams did last year. 

Exactly, both sides have a group of professionals. One team wins, one loses. Some times the winning teams do just enough to win.

Unfortunately some people always have to find a reason not to be happy with the win. Sad life.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I just got done with watching the first half, and as usual; it doesn't look as bad as you guys always make it out to be.  I give the Lions credit, because they're doing what a few teams did last year. 

The Lions were playing physical with our receivers, disrupting the timing.  That was the cause of his "bad" game.  It's not like Pat was out there missing throws, the timing was just screwed up because our speed receivers just aren't very tough when someone gets physical with them.  Also, when referring to the "bad" game for Pat, I think people forget that if not for a few drive ending turnovers, he likely ends up closer to 400 yards with a couple of tds.  It wasn't like they were picking him off, the other fools just couldn't hang onto the ball.  The guy just didn't get much help from his teammates today, outside of Kelce.

3 hours ago, qnet said:

Did you know who won before you watched it?  If not, then that’s a completely different perspective of the game.