Worse Game of Mahomes NFL Career

41 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Did you know who won before you watched it?  If not, then that’s a completely different perspective of the game.   

Yes I did, and you're right, it is totally different than watching it live. If I had watched it live,  I may have been just as critical as some of you. It's almost a luxury to know the outcome, because I can just relax, and break down the game without any stress. 

Having said that, it's tough following the game thread, and watching the Gamcast on ESPN. A lot of times, the Chiefs will have just scored a TD, but yet I'm still reading people complaining about a play or two that happened before. It's just part of being a fan, and viewing it the way I do that I have to deal with it (delayed). 

Next week week will different, because it's a national game, and I will be watching it along with all of you. If things go sideways, I'll be complaining right long with you all LOL. I don't think I will be complaining about Mahomes however, unless he really plays bad which I doubt he will.  That was the main thing that bothered me about the game thread. I think we're  a little spoiled having a QB like him.

6 hours ago, qnet said:

Yes I did, and you're right, it is totally different than watching it live. If I had watched it live,  I may have been just as critical as some of you. It's almost a luxury to know the outcome, because I can just relax, and break down the game without any stress. 

Having said that, it's tough following the game thread, and watching the Gamcast on ESPN. A lot of times, the Chiefs will have just scored a TD, but yet I'm still reading people complaining about a play or two that happened before. It's just part of being a fan, and viewing it the way I do that I have to deal with it (delayed). 

Next week week will different, because it's a national game, and I will be watching it along with all of you. If things go sideways, I'll be complaining right long with you all LOL. I don't think I will be complaining about Mahomes however, unless he really plays bad which I doubt he will.  That was the main thing that bothered me about the game thread. I think we're  a little spoiled having a QB like him.

I wasn’t saying that to be a jerk but I’ve watched both ways before and when you know you win it is more relaxing and I’m one of the worst ones on here about being critical during the game it’s how I deal lol. And yes it’s almost never quite as bad as that thread makes it sound.  

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I wasn’t saying that to be a jerk but I’ve watched both ways before and when you know you win it is more relaxing and I’m one of the worst ones on here about being critical during the game it’s how I deal lol. And yes it’s almost never quite as bad as that thread makes it sound.  

I didn't take it that way, and thought it was a good point.

31 minutes ago, xen said:

If you read the gameday threads you'd think we're the worst team in the league.  Remind me not to watch a game live with all y'all.  😎

That's a good idea.

I thought the offense was "out of sync" from the get go.  My suspicion is Mahomes was sick - maybe the flu or something.

He was not his effervescent self on the sidelines.  Most of the throws were slightly off.

That said, he gutted through it and got a road win.  Well done.

w

9 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I'm not going to assume anything about Mahomes.  The book on how to play us is pretty clear---jam the receivers to disrupt timing and get pressure.  Only good defensive teams have a shot at doing this effectively.  Still we were able to hang 27 + the 7 from the defense.

KC was due for turnovers. Law of averages. Those were big. Mahomes is human. His off day is better than 80% of other guys best day. Another road win against a good team.

13 hours ago, kkuenn said:

It was. Far worse last year for him against JAX and yet we still won that too.

P. Mahomes 22-38, 313 YDS, 2 INT

I wouldn't say far worse.  he had 2 ints, but he also ran for a TD in that game.  Yeah, it was worse, but its not that far off.  Also, Chiefs had control of that game so Mahomes didn't have to do as much. 

57 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

I wouldn't say far worse.  he had 2 ints, but he also ran for a TD in that game.  Yeah, it was worse, but its not that far off.  Also, Chiefs had control of that game so Mahomes didn't have to do as much. 

The run on fourth and eight in the final minutes yesterday was more impressive and critical than the TD run against JAX last year.  That's the mark of a winner. 

5 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Can't believe we have this thread. Mahomes has spoiled some. Personally I remember the alternatives. Take any QB we've had in the last 25-30 years and this would have been considered a great game by the QB.

Did so just hear correctly on the radio that Mahomes is 3rd all time in franchise passing yards? If that is right, yikes. We have had some bad QBs. 

5 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Did so just hear correctly on the radio that Mahomes is 3rd all time in franchise passing yards? If that is right, yikes. We have had some bad QBs. 

You either heard incorrectly or the stat is wrong.  According to Pro Football Reference he's 9th.  Ahead of Bono, behind Cassel.

Sadly he'll never match the completion percentage or TD percentage of Tom Flores or Quinn Gray.

9 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

You either heard incorrectly or the stat is wrong.  According to Pro Football Reference he's 9th.  Ahead of Bono, behind Cassel.

Sadly he'll never match the completion percentage or TD percentage of Tom Flores or Quinn Gray.

Thanks man. I thought that sounded pretty crazy at the beginning of his 2 seasons playing.

2 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Thanks man. I thought that sounded pretty crazy at the beginning of his 2 seasons playing.

Off the top of my head, I think I could have probably come up with Dawson, Green, and Smith as having more than him, and they are indeed top 3.

Assuming health, he'll pass Cassel easily this year (needs 2658 more yards I think).  The next three up are Grbac, Livingston (I don't even know who that is), and DeBerg.  If he goes insane this year he has a chance to start taking those guys down this year (needs 3752 to catch Grbac first), but he'll easily pass them earlier next year.

He'll pass Kenney and Smith in 2021, then a couple of more years to catch Green and Dawson.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/career-passing.htm