Hill's return has been pushed back

Considering someone said the injury could really have been life-threatening (I guess that based on exactly how things were dislocated it could have damaged his internal organs) we're lucky that he'll be back at all this year.  I think we're really going to need him against tougher defenses.  The next several defenses we face are at least okay, I really hope we have him back for Denver at the latest.

14 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Considering someone said the injury could really have been life-threatening (I guess that based on exactly how things were dislocated it could have damaged his internal organs) we're lucky that he'll be back at all this year.  I think we're really going to need him against tougher defenses.  The next several defenses we face are at least okay, I really hope we have him back for Denver at the latest.

Denver lost Chubb so at least there’s that

Hill is back at practice. They better take it slow and not rush him back.

Andy Reid wouldn’t answer if Tyreek Hill could play Sunday. Wants to see what happens this week in practice. Today Hill will do some at practice. First day back.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

I hope he just practices this week and next to get back in game shape and then they limit his snaps next week.  That would be six weeks (five games) removed from the injury.  Do not want to see him come back too early and re-injure himself.  

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Andy Reid wouldn’t answer if Tyreek Hill could play Sunday. Wants to see what happens this week in practice. Today Hill will do some at practice. First day back.

Oh, no!  Not the old "day to day" thing again.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Oh, no!  Not the old "day to day" thing again.

Meh. This is completely different. Berry wouldnt play even after he was cleared in October, they are having to hold Tyreek back because he’s chomping at the bit to play. I’d be really patient here. Get his timing back over the next few weeks in practice but not allow him to get hit. 

Meant to say this the other day.  12up.com sucks and their reporting is crap.  I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt...

That said, I'm sure the plan is for Tyreek to get back up to speed this week and I best we don't see him until the Texans game, if not the Broncos game.

Also, lost in all this is the fact that Damien Williams also practiced today...our run game needs that...

31 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Meant to say this the other day.  12up.com sucks and their reporting is crap.  I'd take anything they say with a grain of salt...

That said, I'm sure the plan is for Tyreek to get back up to speed this week and I best we don't see him until the Texans game, if not the Broncos game.

Also, lost in all this is the fact that Damien Williams also practiced today...our run game needs that...

The Chiefs need Fisher more than anyone to get a quick cure.  Hill can't be replaced, but his absence won't get Mahomes killed.  Can some kind of flack jacket be devised for Hill without harming his effectiveness?  They need him at 100% at least by game eight against GB. 

33 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Damien can pass protect as well which helps. The ease at which people are blowing by Erving has been a problem for the offense. 

49 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Never easy to play the Donks at their stable. 

As bad as Denver looks, I don't like that that's a road Thursday night game.  In another thread I looked it up and we're 25-6 in the AFC West from 2014-present (5 years of 6 games + @ Oak this year).

Those 6 losses?  Swept by Denver in 2014 + four Thursday night losses (two home, two road).

It's really amazing when you think about it.  We are undefeated on Sat/Sun/Mon against the AFC West since the start of 2015.  But Thursdays have killed us.

25 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

As bad as Denver looks, I don't like that that's a road Thursday night game.  In another thread I looked it up and we're 25-6 in the AFC from 2014-present (5 years of 6 games + @ Oak this year).

Those 6 losses?  Swept by Denver in 2014 + four Thursday night losses (two home, two road).

It's really amazing when you think about it.  We are undefeated on Sat/Sun/Mon against the AFC West since the start of 2015.  But Thursdays have killed us.

interesting

not because of this but I think the NFL should do away with TNF