Hill's return has been pushed back

58 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I think what they should do is maybe have an opening week TNF game then no games until week 5 or 6 when byes start.  Ensure that BOTH TNF teams are always coming off of a bye.

I agree.  It would be interesting to see what the records of home vs away are for tnf.

One thing to think about.  HIll will likely first come into a game in the second quarter, kind of unannounced.  We will just see him in the huddle.  It will be an important game where he has been listed as questionable all week, so that the opponent will not be able to game plan for him.  If they do game plan for him, our other guys will be more open.  If they don't game plan for him, he will suddenly be one-on-one and will freak them out.   That's the way Reid's mind works.  I'm thinking this will happen either against the Packers or the Vikings. He will be totally ready, but the report will show him questionable all week.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

One thing to think about.  HIll will likely first come into a game in the second quarter, kind of unannounced.  We will just see him in the huddle.  It will be an important game where he has been listed as questionable all week, so that the opponent will not be able to game plan for him.  If they do game plan for him, our other guys will be more open.  If they don't game plan for him, he will suddenly be one-on-one and will freak them out.   That's the way Reid's mind works.  I'm thinking this will happen either against the Packers or the Vikings. He will be totally ready, but the report will show him questionable all week.

Agree with your scenario, but think it may be against the Texans.  The Chiefs will want him up to 100% against the Pack.  Of course, that all depends on how Hill handles practice and/or game contact. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree with your scenario, but think it may be against the Texans.  The Chiefs will want him up to 100% against the Pack.  Of course, that all depends on how Hill handles practice and/or game contact. 

Yep.  Easily could be the Texans.  Really, all he needs is an MRI showing that the cartilage where his collarbone meets the sternum is fully dense with no incompletely healed areas.  I don't think it is something he will feel.  The MRI will say when he is ready.  These posterior dislocations of that joint are rare, and recurrences are also rare.  The only reason they are dangerous is because when the collarbone goes backwards, in can lacerate the main artery to the arm, the brachial artery...kind of a big deal.  IF they weren't a danger in that rare case, he could play right now.

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yep.  Easily could be the Texans.  Really, all he needs is an MRI showing that the cartilage where his collarbone meets the sternum is fully dense with no incompletely healed areas.  I don't think it is something he will feel.  The MRI will say when he is ready.  These posterior dislocations of that joint are rare, and recurrences are also rare.  The only reason they are dangerous is because when the collarbone goes backwards, in can lacerate the main artery to the arm, the brachial artery...kind of a big deal.  IF they weren't a danger in that rare case, he could play right now.

I think they would need Hill to be on the active game roster and not play at all in the game to create that confusion for the upcoming weeks. Otherwise whenever he's active on the game day the opposition will simply focus on him as a major threat. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I think they would need Hill to be on the active game roster and not play at all in the game to create that confusion for the upcoming weeks. Otherwise whenever he's active on the game day the opposition will simply focus on him as a major threat. 

Just the possibility he could be active is enough to cause them to have to use resources game planning for him.  Otherwise he’s gotta actually he on the field to matter.  

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Just the possibility he could be active is enough to cause them to have to use resources game planning for him.  Otherwise he’s gotta actually he on the field to matter.  

I think that will happen now that Hill is back in training. Would be nice to hear some details about his performance though. 

It's probably safe to assume that Hill won't be active this week.  Still, Indy has to at least think about what it would mean for Hill to be in the game for a few plays with their sorry safety situation.  As soon as the Texans finish their game on Sunday, the coaches will start asking themselves whether Hill is someone they have to plan for.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

:lol:   Or just keep trotting him out there at random times.  Or maybe even put him out there on defense at times.  Or as a referee.  There are a dozen ways to confuse them.

If he is active, I can see them just using him as a decoy.  Let him go long each time to pull over the safety and if they do not do it the one time, then take a shot. I just do not see him going across the middle for catches if he is not ready for the bigger hits. Rather work him in slowly if he is able to go to test it all out.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

If he is active, I can see them just using him as a decoy.  Let him go long each time to pull over the safety and if they do not do it the one time, then take a shot. I just do not see him going across the middle for catches if he is not ready for the bigger hits. Rather work him in slowly if he is able to go to test it all out.

No need to risk it in any role. KC can win this game and should win the game without Hill. 

16 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

As important as Hill is to us, I'm not sure that I think that other teams modifying how to prepare for him is really that big of an impact.  The impact is on the field on game day.

You make too much sense :lol:   But it is fun to consider how coaches game plan and the kind of deceptions they try to plant in the press using uncertainties about injuries and other things.  I know they do things like that.  It only takes a few seconds in front of the sports press or a designation on an injury report to sew a bit of confusion. 

1 hour ago, West said:

-he totally changes coverage schemes.

Lining him up wide and just doing wind sprints changes the game.

w

Let's face it, West. This offense showed it's in-capabilities last week without him give credit to Detroit. He's THAT dynamic. A lot of us expected him to be gone after the Spring incidence. We are lucky to have him on the team let alone resign him. Get the injury bug out of the way early and stay healthy throughout the season and into the post-season. Business is booming.

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

Let's face it, West. This offense showed it's in-capabilities last week without him give credit to Detroit. He's THAT dynamic. A lot of us expected him to be gone after the Spring incidence. We are lucky to have him on the team let alone resign him. Get the injury bug out of the way early and stay healthy throughout the season and into the post-season. Business is booming.

Of course they are also the number 2 offense in the NFL without him. And reality is playing without Fisher is taking its toll as Mahomes had some rare happy feet in Detroit. Either way there's zero doubt that he's one of the most impactful players in the NFL when healthy and makes our offense far more dynamic. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Of course they are also the number 2 offense in the NFL without him. And reality is playing without Fisher is taking its toll as Mahomes had some rare happy feet in Detroit. Either way there's zero doubt that he's one of the most impactful players in the NFL when healthy and makes our offense far more dynamic. 

Did his happy feet not run for 4 or 5 first downs?

49 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I can't even remember if he took a sack.  If it was happy feet, it was happy feet by his elevated standards, just like he had a "bad game" overall.

Let’s call Happy Feet Alex Smith instead.  4 times on Sunday  he had Alex Smith from a clean pocket, scrambled without purpose and threw the ball earlier than he needed too. He hadn’t had more than 1 all season(which is amazing).  But it adds up to part of the reason the offense was out of sync by it’s own extremely high standards.  I’m guessing our issues on the oline and the MVP getting hit led to that. The Lions also have a very good Dline.