Chiefs vs Colts....Colts Article/Your Take/Prediction

Amazing Well Written Article about Reid from the Colts Board. Wondering how to keep KC under 40 points.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/10/1/20892299/2019-opponent-scouting-report-chiefs-offense-keeping-them-under-40-points-will-be-a-moral-victory

Final Thoughts:

The only way the Colts stand a chance in this game, and even then it’s a microscopic chance at that, is to keep this offense off the field with long sustained drives that eat the clock and keep the ball out of Patrick Mahomes hands.

Tomorrow we’ll discuss the Chiefs defense at length, and the outlook there is better for our Colts but not overwhelmingly so. If you’ve considered taking up a new hobby this would be the week to do it. Take the energy you have to take on that new activity and let it roll all the way through next week’s bye, then come back around for week seven to a 2-3 Colts team fresh and ready to roll.

Chiefs 31, Colts 17     Theyve got a good defense, well coached, solid RB   Been highly competitive all year with all their games being within 7 points. Different animal here. We will have to lay an egg to lose this  

From The Colts Site....no respect and that is understandable. The columnist states this is a very simple defense scheme. So there is that.

During the 2019 off season the Chiefs made the decision to move in a new direction on defense, bringing in former Rams head coach Steve Spagnuolo to be their new defensive coordinator. Spagnuolo (who will be called “Spags” for the rest of this article so I don’t have to keep typing that name) was the man who helped the 2007 New York Giants stop the 18-0 New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, giving them their only loss of the season. After a great 2008 season for the Giants defense, Spags was hired to become the head coach of the St. Louis Rams. To make a long story short, that didn’t work out for anyone. After a short stop with the New Orleans Saints, Spags found his way back to New York to implement his brand of defense. Once the wheels fell off in New York, Spags came to work for Andy Reid, the man who gave him his first NFL job in 1999 with the Philadelphia Eagles.

So what will his defense look like? Truth be told, there’s not a lot that’s interesting about this defense, schematically. Traditionally Spags has used a 4-3 base set, now, like everyone else the Chiefs will be in nickle or dime the vast majority of the time. They mix zone and man coverage, the defensive line will mostly have one gap responsibilities. All things considered this is probably the least complex defense the Colts have seen so far this season and given the fact that they’ve faced two 4-3 under Seattle style defenses, that’s kind of impressive. I did notice a few interesting things to watch for on Sunday , and please note I am using the term “interesting” loosely

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2019/10/2/20891393/2019-opponent-scouting-report-chiefs-defense-in-a-world-of-bend-dont-break-theyre-very-flexible

Continued

This team isn’t great against the run and watching the tape it’s really easy to understand why. Against the run these linebackers have a habit of not playing their gaps, reacting slowly or just being taken completely out of the play by an offensive lineman. When you hear people say that a football player doesn’t have great instincts you could probably just assume the Chiefs will add that football player to their linebacking corps.

Final Thoughts:

This game isn’t winnable for the Colts. With that said they should still be able to move the ball and given what I believe about Frank Reich’s ability to design plays in the red zone I do expect the Colts to score a lot of points. If the Colts were 100% healthy going into this game I don’t think I would be as positive about a loss as I am. Unfortunately that’s not the world we live in. Our receivers are banged up, our running back is banged up I don’t feel this is a great match-up for our tight ends and I still feel like the Colts will have plenty of offensive production.

Also, if you want to discard everything I’ve said and you just want to believe in the team, do it. Be a fan, that’s really what we’re supposed to do, right? After breaking it all down, I’m left without much hope. Something, something, inspiration, rah... I can’t even fake it this week, this is going to be ugly.

I’m going to be at this game.  This will be the 5th time in my life I’ve seen them play and have never seen them win.    That needs to change. 

KC 38

Indy 17

would like to see the defense squash these guys and not even allow garbage time points.  

2 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

I’m going to be at this game.  This will be the 5th time in my life I’ve seen them play and have never seen them win.    That needs to change. 

KC 38

Indy 17

would like to see the defense squash these guys and not even allow garbage time points.  

Enjoy !!!!!!

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Enjoy !!!!!!

Thanks!

Last year I took my buddy who had never been to a game to the Charger game.  We stayed close to the stadium and didn’t tailgate.  This year we are taking stuff and tailgating before the game and hopefully get to see a different outcome.