Pass Rush Stats

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Kind of suggests the secondary isn't playing well doesn't it. 

I wish there was a breakout on if we are playing soft zone, playing up and jamming guys, etc.  It seems like we should be up jamming guys, maybe getting Claiborne will help or hopefully a trade for a true #1 CB...

6 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I wish there was a breakout on if we are playing soft zone, playing up and jamming guys, etc.  It seems like we should be up jamming guys, maybe getting Claiborne will help or hopefully a trade for a true #1 CB...

I am way more troubled by the linebackers and stopping the run. 

14 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I think I saw one somewhere I will try and find. But I've seen a lot of the people who break down film say we just aren't executing in Spags zone yet. LBs not dropping deep enough and corners leaving their areas and not attacking the ball when its in the air type stuff.  I keep hearing people I trust say things like they are still thinking way to much and not just playing. 

9 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I am way more troubled by the linebackers and stopping the run. 

Let's face it. We've lost our last 3 playoff games because teams ran all over us. Giving up 5.9 YPC this year is flat scary. But it does seem like we get more stops and can stop the run in spurts better than last year. Gotta shore this up. 

26 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Let's face it. We've lost our last 3 playoff games because teams ran all over us. Giving up 5.9 YPC this year is flat scary. But it does seem like we get more stops and can stop the run in spurts better than last year. Gotta shore this up. 

I agree linebacker send to be the big issue. Either run or pass. 

32 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Actually KC beat NE. Brady threw a pick. It was over. A ticky tac offside penalty & lost coin flip was the reason for the loss.

55 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I think it is more the linebackers than secondary.  They are hitting the zones in between or backers real quick.  

There's plenty of responsiblity in the secondary. They haven't been good at all. But the linebackers do seem to be having trouble dropping deep enough in that zone. Again I think some of this is simply getting used to the system. Even in the secondary there was a play where Fuller covered nobody and Breeland was left with two people. Just confusion about where they were supposed to be. From what I read they were both wrong in how they played it. 

57 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Actually KC beat NE. Brady threw a pick. It was over. A ticky tac offside penalty & lost coin flip was the reason for the loss.

That is true. Only a complete boneheaded mental error kept us from the Super Bowl. Maybe we win before that if we didn't let them control the clock thru the run game though. Three straight playoff losses we have given up 170 plus yards rushing. You just are rarely ever going to win in January doing that against anyone. 

22 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

That is true. Only a complete boneheaded mental error kept us from the Super Bowl. Maybe we win before that if we didn't let them control the clock thru the run game though. Three straight playoff losses we have given up 170 plus yards rushing. You just are rarely ever going to win in January doing that against anyone. 

Mahomes makes all that stuff just stuff. Its a new world.

31 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Mahomes makes all that stuff just stuff. Its a new world.

You are correct that Mahomes changes the game and makes otherwise REALLY important stats, not as important. Shockingly we are 6-3 with Mahomes when giving up 170 yards plus rushing. That is unreal. But even then we are 12-2 with Mahomes when we don't. Bottom line is you can't let teams bleed the clock and keep this offense off the field. At least when we get healthy. Kind of an adventure right now. 

24 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Here’s an awesome stat, 

5.9 ypc through the first qtr of a season, is the 2nd WORST in the entire history of the league.

It's pretty amazing considering we are 4-0 with three road wins and we've yet to play a losing team. But it does point to alot of garbage time rushing yards since we had huge leads in our first three games. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

It's pretty amazing considering we are 4-0 with three road wins and we've yet to play a losing team. But it does point to alot of garbage time rushing yards since we had huge leads in our first three games. 

Um, wouldn’t it point to a lot of garbage time passing stats with a big lead? And, most those yards have come in the beginning of games.

raiders and ravens roasted us with the run right off the bat. 

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You are correct that Mahomes changes the game and makes otherwise REALLY important stats, not as important. Shockingly we are 6-3 with Mahomes when giving up 170 yards plus rushing. That is unreal. But even then we are 12-2 with Mahomes when we don't. Bottom line is you can't let teams bleed the clock and keep this offense off the field. At least when we get healthy. Kind of an adventure right now. 

Seems all those few loses were high scoring and by just a few points. Im sure there wereadditional issues that led to a loss.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Um, wouldn’t it point to a lot of garbage time passing stats with a big lead? And, most those yards have come in the beginning of games.

raiders and ravens roasted us with the run right off the bat. 

All Chief Wins

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Um, wouldn’t it point to a lot of garbage time passing stats with a big lead? 

Nope. 

Rushing splits

1st half 230 yards, 4.9 YPC, 1 TD

2nd half 369 yards, 6.7 YPC, 3 TDs

Passing splits

1st half 551 yards, 7.4 YPA,  3 TDs

2nd half, 555 yards, 7.5 YPA, 4 TDs

24 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

It was pretty much a joke to emphasize how bad our D is and how Mahomes covers a lot.

Statistically Mahomes really makes the defense worse than it really is. Short possessions, a lot of big leads ectextremely

46 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Statistically Mahomes really makes the defense worse than it really is. Short possessions, a lot of big leads ectextremely

Maybe. Dont most star defensive players love playing with a lead? They can pin their ears back and rush the passer. They can take a few more risks and get turnovers. DC can take more chances too.