And so it begins

Sammy Watkins (hamstring/shoulder) is questionable for the Chiefs' Sunday night matchup against the Colts.

Watkins was downgraded to a limited participant in practice Friday. His absence would lead to the likes of De'Anthony Thomas and Byron Pringle entering 3-WR sets alongside incumbent starters Demarcus Robinson and Mecole Hardman. The Colts' zone-heavy defense has done a good job limiting the WR position over the past two seasons, but there's still plenty of fantasy value behind anyone involved in an offense with Patrick Mahomes. Hopefully we'll get an update on Watkins before Sunday afternoon.

So its not the shoulder. Its a new hamstring injury. Bad timing for this. That WR group we could throw out there on Sunday night may be the weakest in proven talent we've seen in any game in the Reid era. We will put the QB makes everyone much better theory to the test big time. 

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

So its not the shoulder. Its a new hamstring injury. Bad timing for this. That WR group we could throw out there on Sunday night may be the weakest in proven talent we've seen in any game in the Reid era. We will put the QB makes everyone much better theory to the test big time. 

Yep its D-Rob & Hardman's time to shine

17 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

There were points in 2014 that were much, much worse than where we could possibly be on Sunday night.

10 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

There were points in 2014 that were much, much worse than where we could possibly be on Sunday night.

I thought about 2014 when before I typed that. But with Dewayne Bowe healthy all season they still had more proven production in any week than this group will if Watkins doesn't play.  The career high numbers for players playing on Sunday night would be 22 catches for 288 yards. That said Robinson in fact is probably near or above the actual level of Bowe in 2014. Expect Deon Yelder to have 6-8 catches if healthy in this scenario. All said, I'll bet Watkins plays. 

Fanatic Take: Good time to rest injured receivers.

Colts SS Clayton Geathers (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 5.

The Colts will be without their starting safeties with Malik Hooker (knee) still a few weeks from returning. It's an obvious downgrade to a defense that's also down LB Darius Leonard (concussion). George Odum will continue to start for Hooker, with Khari Willis taking over for Geathers.

Oct 4, 2019, 5:34 PM ET

12 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Fanatic Take: Good time to rest injured receivers.

Colts SS Clayton Geathers (concussion) has been ruled out for Week 5.

The Colts will be without their starting safeties with Malik Hooker (knee) still a few weeks from returning. It's an obvious downgrade to a defense that's also down LB Darius Leonard (concussion). George Odum will continue to start for Hooker, with Khari Willis taking over for Geathers.

Oct 4, 2019, 5:34 PM ET

Colts have a lot of injuries but it looks like TY will be back.  He's the only receiver that scared me unless Ebron learns how to catch the ball. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Dude..., Avant, Avery....

39 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

OVERREACTION? Guy is questionable. Not Doubtful. I hear KC goes all in during practice. So he has a minor injury. Look around the league. Hope he starts or just misses one game.

Lol he was questionable after the Rams game and when did we see him again last year? Quite a few weeks later. That was a hamsteing issue too if i remember correctly.

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Foot issue.

Yes but he had a hamstring issue before the JAX game. I think it went from hamstring then to foot then to not playing until playoff games. Either way it starts off smalll and blows up. Why he wont be retained next year.

Edit. Found it.

The Kansas City Chiefs on Friday listed wide receiver Sammy Watkins as questionable for Sunday's game at Arrowhead Stadium against the Jacksonville Jaguars because of a hamstring injury.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes but he had a hamstring issue before the JAX game. I think it went from hamstring then to foot then to not playing until playoff games. Either way it starts off smalll and blows up. Why he wont be retained next year.

Edit. Found it.

The Kansas City Chiefs on Friday listed wide receiver Sammy Watkins as questionable for Sunday's game at Arrowhead Stadium against the Jacksonville Jaguars because of a hamstring injury.

Salary is why he wont be back. Over 20 million. Crazy.

38 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Salary is why he wont be back. Over 20 million. Crazy.

No but they may have asked him to restructure. This is what i think he has injured himself out of now. He is done after this season if we cant trade him. Him being healthy would have made it easier to do. We now know he will be cut.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No but they may have asked him to restructure. This is what i think he has injured himself out of now. He is done after this season if we cant trade him. Him being healthy would have made it easier to do. We now know he will be cut.

He has not missed a game yet> Just questionable. Nobody will trade for him regardless. They know Kc will have to cut him and nobody wants to pay that much money.

We need to mark this in our memory, if he is having hammy issues he needs to not play. This medical staff has a history of clearing players to play only to have them make it through a few snaps then be out for weeks or months.

if watkins plays and he is out all year because of it the radio and news outlets need to be on burkholder

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Fortunately the Colts are really banged up. 5 players ruled out for the game and several questionable has to balance the scales some.