And so it begins

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

So its not the shoulder. Its a new hamstring injury. Bad timing for this. That WR group we could throw out there on Sunday night may be the weakest in proven talent we've seen in any game in the Reid era. We will put the QB makes everyone much better theory to the test big time. 

Pringle is going to light it up

Just now, kkuenn said:

I think Hardman lights it up if Watkins cant go. Teams will leave him one on one and try to double up Kelce or even Robinson at times.

I could go for that too! I liked the toughness Pringle showed on that catch down by the goal line. Took some shots.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I think Hardman lights it up if Watkins cant go. Teams will leave him one on one and try to double up Kelce or even Robinson at times.

With Darius Leonard out, the Chiefs may have their best rushing game of the season.  Can't crowd the line with two safeties out and speed of the KC receivers. 

So it did not Begin.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Sammy Watkins (shoulder) is expected to play in Week 5 against the Colts.

Watkins was surprisingly downgraded on Friday but apparently his injury wasn't a major setback. He'll suit up and primarily square off against the Colts from the slot alongside rookie Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson. Now back in Arrowhead Stadium, all three should be considered Top 40 options worthy of starting across all formats in Week 5.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:02 PM, dhitter said:

Fortunately the Colts are really banged up. 5 players ruled out for the game and several questionable has to balance the scales some.

Darius Leonard is the cornerstone of that defense and they aren’t the same without him.  Looks like Hilton will play and he’s a stud we need to account for. But much easier if Mack doesn’t play.  Banged up at WR or not we should handle the Colts unless we lay a complete egg.  

On 10/4/2019 at 8:43 PM, CranjisMcbasketball said:

We need to mark this in our memory, if he is having hammy issues he needs to not play. This medical staff has a history of clearing players to play only to have them make it through a few snaps then be out for weeks or months.

if watkins plays and he is out all year because of it the radio and news outlets need to be on burkholder

Almost like it was predictable or something...

On 10/4/2019 at 8:44 PM, jetlord said:

With Darius Leonard out, the Chiefs may have their best rushing game of the season.  Can't crowd the line with two safeties out and speed of the KC receivers. 

Not when you don’t even try to run it.

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

Once guys get repeated hammy issues, cut them loose. They will be plagued by them their entire career. Watkins has no purpose on the roster next year. Need to bring in another guy. Wish we had a tall guy for the redzone or a possession guy like Kupp or Eldeman.

This!

14 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Honestly, Andy needs to stop with the cronyism and hire some quality assistants.

Andy Heck, Steve Spagnuolo.  Dave Toub getting awfully complacent.

I didn't like the Spags signing. I think he's overrated. I really wanted him to prove me wrong. Still waiting.

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Honestly, Andy needs to stop with the cronyism and hire some quality assistants.

Andy Heck, Steve Spagnuolo.  Dave Toub getting awfully complacent.

Andy's strategy is blowing up in his face.  Him and Veech addressed the secondary,  but did nothing about the interior of the run defense.  Hitchens,  Nanadi and X. Williams are getting handled every week.  And although Jones can rush the qb, he is undisciplined and not stout against the run. 

Reid strategy was to shore up the secondary, thinking teams would always be behind and abandon the run game.  Instead,  teams are running the ball down our throats, and keeping the offense off the field. 

Makes me wish we went after N. Suh.  We need some nasty mothers up the middle.    I'm still shocked we stood pat with Ragland and Hitchens.  Its sad Wilson has been our best lb and he's a bum too.  Why do we wait till the ball carrier is through the hole before we try to make a play why aren't we hitting our gaps like a good defense should be doing.   We wait and then get washed out by lineman for a 4-6 yard gain and thats on a decently defended play.