the last three games we have not scored in the first quarter and because of this we have been playing from behind. 

is it taking us a while to adjust, reid looking for deep balls instead of dinking and dunking? i’m not to sure what it is but i hope that changes tonight. what do u guys think. 

Seems to me that Reid tries to establish the run.  Oline does not open holes early or often. When KC opens it up and pass first to set up the run they score. Most rushing yards have come from an occasional long run & later in the game. KC is also missing the Hill threat deep. Mahomes is so elite I feel KC should throw the ball 80% of the time. 

Overall I think it simply means that teams are preparing much better against us than we do against them. It takes about a quarter to adjust and then we start rolling. The staff might be too focused on the Pats, but then again we are the team to beat so every team and player might be more pumped up against us. 

12 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Overall I think it simply means that teams are preparing much better against us than we do against them. It takes about a quarter to adjust and then we start rolling. The staff might be too focused on the Pats, but then again we are the team to beat so every team and player might be more pumped up against us. 

We will not be able to do this against really good teams. This is on the coaches big time if true. We cannot just give a quarter away and a lead too then expect to right the ship and beat the really good teams. Almost bit us in our ass against Detroit who seems to be better than expected. Defense needs to be better but even then our offense taking a quarter off does not help at all.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We will not be able to do this against really good teams. This is on the coaches big time if true. We cannot just give a quarter away and a lead too then expect to right the ship and beat the really good teams. Almost bit us in our ass against Detroit who seems to be better than expected. Defense needs to be better but even then our offense taking a quarter off does not help at all.

I think the coaches are still trying to figure things out. It's not unexpected on defense but offense has been too focused on the playoffs IMO. However going through the current stretch without any losses might have been a good time for the coaches to reflect on how things are going. 

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

i agree. that’s what concerns me. i hope reid’s 15 play script works tonight . 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think the coaches are still trying to figure things out. It's not unexpected on defense but offense has been too focused on the playoffs IMO. However going through the current stretch without any losses might have been a good time for the coaches to reflect on how things are going. 

What does that even mean and how are you even getting that sense.  How would a team in week 4 be too focused on the playoffs?  Not even sure how that would work.  Nobody is gameplanning the Pats at this point except their next opponent and father time.

5 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

the last three games we have not scored in the first quarter and because of this we have been playing from behind. 

is it taking us a while to adjust, reid looking for deep balls instead of dinking and dunking? i’m not to sure what it is but i hope that changes tonight. what do u guys think. 

That changes tonight for sure.  The chiefs will score early and often

10 hours ago, xen said:

What does that even mean and how are you even getting that sense.  How would a team in week 4 be too focused on the playoffs?  Not even sure how that would work.  Nobody is gameplanning the Pats at this point except their next opponent and father time.

We seem to be way too conservative in playcalling until it really starts to matter. With the emphasis on Reid setting up new plays, what is he actually waiting for if not the playoffs?