Chiefs vs Colts game thread

I'm not so sure you couldn't get better by trading Jones.   I think Jones is really good but when your secondary can't cover for more than 2 seconds then it doesn't give anyone up front a chance to get home.  And I also think he's a bit of a liability in the run game.    We need two new DT's, 3 LB's, 3 DB's.    

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I keep reasonable expectations. Its not super bowl or bust. Great to have a very competitive team that is finally getting some respect. The roster is not great. Its good not great. This is an 8-8 team with Alex Smith or others. The overall roster was better when Smith was QB. Mahomes makes this team really really good.

Well, imo we wont sniff a SB with this defense. 

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm not so sure you couldn't get better by trading Jones.   I think Jones is really good but when your secondary can't cover for more than 2 seconds then it doesn't give anyone up front a chance to get home.  And I also think he's a bit of a liability in the run game.    We need two new DT's, 3 LB's, 3 DB's.    

Dumb fan would say you can't trade him but build around him.    HES GOING TO ASK FOR IDIOTIC FRANK CLARK MONEY.   IS HE WORTH IT?   lol.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

Andy has to do better with play calling when its apparent our wr's can't get open and when our Oline can't block for those plays.   

I’m not afraid to jump on Andy, but dropped passes and the fumble aren’t play calling issues.  After Ervin gave up his second sack, the very next play Andy had a designed play to roll the pocket away from Ervin. Honestly the receivers have been shit. 

Just now, Chiefswinitall said:

Dumb fan would say you can't trade him but build around him.    HES GOING TO ASK FOR IDIOTIC FRANK CLARK MONEY.   IS HE WORTH IT?   lol.

I'm not doubting his ability at all.   We are bad with him and we have so many holes.  Don't see how we can afford to pay him and get a lot better on that side.   Hard to expect a 1st and 2nd rounder (if we still have those picks) to step right in and dominate and we will have more holes becuase we have quite a few vet 1 year FA's.   If we resign him I won't complain just we are caught between a rock and hard space.   Our secondary isn't good enough to give those guys up front time and our front 7 aren't good enough to force quick and pressured throws.  We are just avg enough on both ends to not help each other out.   Oh well, we at least have a chance in any game with Mahomes.

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I’m not afraid to jump on Andy, but dropped passes and the fumble aren’t play calling issues.  After Ervin gave up his second sack, the very next play Andy had a designed play to roll the pocket away from Ervin. Honestly the receivers have been shit. 

Thats true.   The fumble really killed momentum.  Our O hasn't had a chance to get any because of that fumble and penalties. 

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I'm not doubting his ability at all.   We are bad with him and we have so many holes.  Don't see how we can afford to pay him and get a lot better on that side.   Hard to expect a 1st and 2nd rounder (if we still have those picks) to step right in and dominate and we will have more holes becuase we have quite a few vet 1 year FA's.   If we resign him I won't complain just we are caught between a rock and hard space.   Our secondary isn't good enough to give those guys up front time and our front 7 aren't good enough to force quick and pressured throws.  We are just avg enough on both ends to not help each other out.   Oh well, we at least have a chance in any game with Mahomes.

I agree. Its not Frank Clarks fault KC over paid for him. The supporting cast is not good enough thus he looks average. 

10 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

WELL SAID.

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Im going to say it.  Our D is worse than last year.   We can't even get a stop on 1st and 15.  And Breeland again......smh

At least that one wasn’t his fault.  Receiver slips and they call us for a penalty.