Chiefs vs Colts game thread

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hes terrible. But he didnt sign a huge long term extension. Dont get mad when someone points out you putting false info out there.

Dont tell me what I should do. Im not mad.  Enjoy Yourself. Back on Ignore.

The one bright spot is teams won't be able just score 19 each week and beat us.    While the D looks like trash the TOP was the real kicker here.   That might be the best Oline in the NFL and they got away with numerous holding calls that this horrid ref crew didn't call. 

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

The one bright spot is teams won't be able just score 19 each week and beat us.    While the D looks like trash the TOP was the real kicker here.   That might be the best Oline in the NFL and they got away with numerous holding calls that this horrid ref crew didn't call. 

The concern is teams like GB, Houston, NE, SDx2, and philly will all score 30+. And our lack of run game and balance is now obvious. They aren’t figuring out mahomes, they are figuring out Reid.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

The concern is teams like GB, Houston, NE, SDx2, and philly will all score 30+. And our lack of run game and balance is now obvious. They aren’t figuring out mahomes, they are figuring out Reid.

Why are those teams concerning?  They will score points, not have 11 play 35 yard drives to try to keep the ball away from Mahomes.  It took the perfect storm of injuries, bad line play, and 1950s football for an average team to come into arrowhead and pull off a lucky upset.  We were missing our top 2 wrs, left tackle, and finished the game with the left side of our offensive line completely made up of backups.  With all the self inflicted wounds added to that, the colts won by a whopping 6 points.   This game doesn't change how we matchup with better teams in the league.  Reich played Herm Edwards ball, and though the odds were against it working, they got the perfect storm of shit to make it work.   It was just a bad game, not a trend or harbringer of doom.  

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

Why are those teams concerning?  They will score points, not have 11 play 35 yard drives to try to keep the ball away from Mahomes.  It took the perfect storm of injuries, bad line play, and 1950s football for an average team to come into arrowhead and pull off a lucky upset.  We were missing our top 2 wrs, left tackle, and finished the game with the left side of our offensive line completely made up of backups.  With all the self inflicted wounds added to that, the colts won by a whopping 6 points.   This game doesn't change how we matchup with better teams in the league.  Reich played Herm Edwards ball, and though the odds were against it working, they got the perfect storm of shit to make it work.   It was just a bad game, not a trend or harbringer of doom.  

We need some offensive guys back to keep pace. So, yes, it could be an issue if we can’t match offensive talent for a few weeks. And this team needs a rb1. Thompson was inactive. 

6 minutes ago, Calichief said:

We need some offensive guys back to keep pace. So, yes, it could be an issue if we can’t match offensive talent for a few weeks. And this team needs a rb1. Thompson was inactive. 

They've largely ignored RB since Hunt was let go.  That's on Reid.  McCoy is ok, but he's certainly not a guy i'd trust to carry the ball in the 4th quarter of a big game.  It's a small miracle that he went as long as he did without coughing it up.  

I guess my issue is that it seems some are acting like the Colts laid out some blueprint on how to beat the Chiefs.  Other teams aren't going to be able to match the blueprint of removing a bunch of starters.  Right now the most important thing is to get healthy, because obviously there have been some poor personnel decisions made in terms of backups.  

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

reid needs to use daryl williams like he did hunt. he needs to have mahomes under center and stop using the fuckin RPO for the run game. 

i talked about  chiefs run game a few weeks back and got shit on. 

you can also see how important watkins and hill are now. 

i watched the pats game and they adjusted in the second half. they fuckin ran the ball with brady under center and then dinked and dunked. 

reid needs to play smart simple football and protect his bloody QB and also our shitty defense. 

9 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

reid needs to use daryl williams like he did hunt. he needs to have mahomes under center and stop using the fuckin RPO for the run game. 

i talked about  chiefs run game a few weeks back and got shit on. 

you can also see how important watkins and hill are now. 

i watched the pats game and they adjusted in the second half. they fuckin ran the ball with brady under center and then dinked and dunked. 

reid needs to play smart simple football and protect his bloody QB and also our shitty defense. 

Agree. Did he even gameplan? Raiders went up and down the field.  Did he even watch the game 

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

When did Philly get added to the schedule?

Reality check here is we have two more games in the next 11 days which couldn't have come at a worse time. We are staring at the very real possibility of being 4-3 in 11 days if we are missing all the players we did in the second half and don't play with more discipline. But the last thing I want to do is start rushing people back. I hope Andy can come up with a good plan and we can pick off a win in this string and then start bringing back starters like Tyreek after the 10 day break. I'd rather sit a half speed Mahomes than get him killed behind a makeshift line but hopefully again Andy can come up with a better plan to protect him. 

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

The NFL is a game of adjustments and nobody is better at it than Andy on the offensive side.  Problem is the Oline is just getting crushed which will destroy any game plan. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

We did it 3-4 times in 2017.  Just never in the Mahomes era.  

Idk who mentioned it but screens to the halfback could be a way to seriously neutralize opposing pass rush.

Short of that Idk what we can do about this line. Schwartz flip to LT? Senat? Resign Allen? Give Rankin some repairs with the 1's?

And Reid in year 20 still having games where he just abandons running the ball is not ok. Lots to work on.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Idk who mentioned it but screens to the halfback could be a way to seriously neutralize opposing pass rush.

Short of that Idk what we can do about this line. Schwartz flip to LT? Senate? Resign Allen? Give Rankin some repairs with the 1's?

And Reid in year 20 still having games where he just abandons running the ball is not ok. Lots to work on.

Only 10 carries by the RBs last night. I'm not sure there's any answer short term except to change up and run a lot more shorter patters. Where are the slants against man coverage when we have so much speed at WR? Is this a timing thing that inexperienced WRs aren't good at? And I agree if teams are going to go man up against us then don't we want our RBs getting one on one with a LB on screens. We might have to save deep shots for 1st down play action type deals for now. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Only 10 carries by the RBs last night. I'm not sure there's any answer short term except to change up and run a lot more shorter patters. Where are the slants against man coverage when we have so much speed at WR? Is this a timing thing that inexperienced WRs aren't good at? And I agree if teams are going to go man up against us then don't we want our RBs getting one on one with a LB on screens. We might have to save deep shots for 1st down play action type deals for now. 

Andy said in his presser last nite, that he thought that he could take advantage of the Colts' banged up secondary...Hence not running the ball.

However, he failed to adjust after realizing that the oline couldn't hold up long enough to exploit the Colts' weaknesses.

We all know Reid is stubborn, and it showed again last nite.

We're gonna get every teams' best game each and every Week. We are the hunted now, and Reid has to have his team ready every week.  Injuries are no excuse in the NFL. Every Team has them, including us now.

Reid and Spags have to earn their paychecks for the next few weeks until we get healed. I personally think they can.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Andy said in his presser last nite, that he thought that he could take advantage of the Colts' banged up secondary...Hence not running the ball.

However, he failed to adjust after realizing that the oline couldn't hold up long enough to exploit the Colts' weaknesses.

We all know Reid is stubborn, and it showed again last nite.

We're gonna get every teams' best game each and every Week. We are the hunted now, and Reid has to have his team ready every week.  Injuries are no excuse in the NFL. Every Team has them, including us now.

Reid and Spags have to earn their paychecks for the next few weeks until we get healed. I personally think they can.

With the personel who will likely be available it is going to be very tough sledding against an offense that just put up 55 points yesterday. Certainly going to take some real creativity to keep us competitive short term. Absolutely the last thing I want to do is bring players back to early to win a few games in October. If we can split the next two all things considered and then start to get some key players back instead of losing more. I'd sign up for that right now. 

We aren't going to be a danger to run as long as damien Williams is the top RB. Here has poor vision and runs soft.  

I would try and use him as trade bait while has some value.  

I'd like top seed more darryl and darwin to see if they can be the future or not

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Short of that Idk what we can do about this line. Schwartz flip to LT? Senat? Resign Allen? Give Rankin some repairs with the 1's?

I know it doesn't solve our tackle situation but I'd like to see allegretti go to center and rankins at LG. Both are more physical type players.  

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Screens and quick hits nullify the pass rush a lot. The more of these you get the better in making them adjust. They also need to hit the quick slant over the middle

The rush they were doing by bringing a guy from the middle...we could have made them pay for it by a slant. Reid just wants the 15 yard or better throw though and our line cant protect Mahomes for it. Eirher he adjust his calls or PM is going to continue to take a beating.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Screens and quick hits nullify the pass rush a lot. The more of these you get the better in making them adjust. They also need to hit the quick slant over the middle

The rush they were doing by bringing a guy from the middle...we could have made them pay for it by a slant. Reid just wants the 15 yard or better throw though and our line cant protect Mahomes for it. Eirher he adjust his calls or PM is going to continue to take a beating.

I personally think Reid will figure out how to get the offense back on track, but I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to stopping the Sieve known as the defense. However, I'm gonna give Spags a chance to impress me a little. I really want to see if he can come up with some type of solution for the shitty run defense, because what I saw last nite was absolute shit show when it came to stopping the run.

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

I personally think Reid will figure out how to get the offense back on track, but I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to stopping the Sieve known as the defense. However, I'm gonna give Spags a chance to impress me a little. I really want to see if he can come up with some type of solution for the shitty run defense, because what I saw last nite was absolute shit show when it came to stopping the run.

Getting Hill,  Watkins,  and Fisher back would do wonders too

The Pats got man-handled by the Lions and Tennessee last year so sometimes a loss can be a good thing. So the repsonse to adversity is important Need to bounce back this week against Houston. Need to see more character from this team. No more Kelce shoving Eric Bienemy that was not good.