Brett Veach should be fired

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

There's no direction or leadership with this team unless Mahomes shows up healthy. Hill will be coming back and Fisher as well. Where did Kelce and McCoy disappear too? 

McCoy isn’t impressive. He looks his age. His fumble hurt too.

10 minutes ago, artsy said:

No...the defense cost us the game.

The D sucks but our O only putting up 13 is equally as tragic.   Had he not fumbled we at least get 3.   Then we had 2 whole minutes at the end of the game with no rush to score a TD for the win.   It was a complete cluster fluck of a game tonight.   I think Kelce partied too hard this weekend for his birthday and didn't show up.   Dude disapeared when our O needed him the most.  I never remember Tony G being that out of it in a game.   I counted 4 drops a OPI that hurt.

12 minutes ago, artsy said:

No...the defense cost us the game.

no the offense cost us the game. defense was on the field all game because the offense couldn’t sustain drives whether that is running the ball enough turnovers or penalties. i don’t care how much talent you have on d if your on the field all game your going to get punched. i am not saying our d did there job but holding a team to 20 should be enough. this is why reid needs to stop being so damn pass happy. 

The whole team was crap save Mahomes and maybe HB. Too many flags. Kelce was not ready to play and looked tired. DAT fielded a punt at the 4 yard line. Gunners didn’t block the only guy in 15 yards on another punt. Oline was a turnstile. Reid didn’t run the ball enough or use screens but once. They got punched in the face. You know Patriots and Belichick will use this strategy with their dozen RBs, same for Denver, SD, Chicago, etc. We need new DTs and MLB next year. Edge run defense is fine. Right up the gut is trash.

16 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

The whole team was crap save Mahomes and maybe HB. Too many flags. Kelce was not ready to play and looked tired. DAT fielded a punt at the 4 yard line. Gunners didn’t block the only guy in 15 yards on another punt. Oline was a turnstile. Reid didn’t run the ball enough or use screens but once. They got punched in the face. You know Patriots and Belichick will use this strategy with their dozen RBs, same for Denver, SD, Chicago, etc. We need new DTs and MLB next year. Edge run defense is fine. Right up the gut is trash.

Been saying this all season. 

We got all new players on defense minus Fuller,  but what stayed the same from last year? 

Jones,  Nnadi, X. Williams and Hitchens. 

Where do they play? Right smack dab in the middle of the defense. 

I have been a big Veach defender but I have to admit most of his signings have been garbage.   LDT is looking like a massive overpay for potential that has never materialized.  Hitchens is just a horrible ugly albatross of a contract that was made worse by reworking it this year.   Frank Clark is a good player but we would have been better keeping our picks at this point because we arent a Frank Clark type player away from being decent.   Signing Cam Erving....period.....ever.....regardless of what he's getting paid.....the fact he's cashing a check in the NFL.  The fact Dan Sorenson is still on this roster.    Breeland Speaks, Derrick Nandi,  DOD, Watts, Smith and McKenzie.......this draft along tells you why our D is still hot garbage.....not one is doing crap on that side of the ball.   Khalen Sanders this year as a 3rd round pick that is only on this roster because of where he was picked.    You think he would have learned from his predecessor about drafting projects in the 2nd and 3rd round.   He gets credit for Mahomes but the rest has been iffy at best.   

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I have been a big Veach defender but I have to admit most of his signings have been garbage.   LDT is looking like a massive overpay for potential that has never materialized.  Hitchens is just a horrible ugly albatross of a contract that was made worse by reworking it this year.   Frank Clark is a good player but we would have been better keeping our picks at this point because we arent a Frank Clark type player away from being decent.   Signing Cam Erving....period.....ever.....regardless of what he's getting paid.....the fact he's cashing a check in the NFL.  The fact Dan Sorenson is still on this roster.    Breeland Speaks, Derrick Nandi,  DOD, Watts, Smith and McKenzie.......this draft along tells you why our D is still hot garbage.....not one is doing crap on that side of the ball.   Khalen Sanders this year as a 3rd round pick that is only on this roster because of where he was picked.    You think he would have learned from his predecessor about drafting projects in the 2nd and 3rd round.   He gets credit for Mahomes but the rest has been iffy at best.   

Man, your on it tonight!

100% agree. Veech seems to think hes so much smarter than everyone one else by taking 4th and 5th round projects in early rounds. Ironically,  they've all been on defense and none of them minus Thornhill have worked out.

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Agree with all this. Frank Clark shouldn't be a good player for what we gave up in picks and cash. He should be elite. Veach's collection of CBs has been a disaster.

LDT was signed by Dorsey. I am fine with Clark but need to see something out of him too here soon. Cam is a back up for a reason but his 4 million is not killing us. The draft was not great so far but still have time

He has not sit idly by as he brought in Hitchens who we all thought was a good signing at the time. Brought in HB and Wilson too

The trade of Smith brought in Fuller and a pick. All of us thought it was great at the time. He will need to show us this next draft and FA period something though.

We all wanted Sutton gone and we even switched to a 43 then too.  It looked like Veach was setting us up for the move too with his picks from before. Just tough ass luck on some of these signings to see nothing produce so far.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

LDT was signed by Dorsey. I am fine with Clark but need to aee something out of him too here soon. Cam is a back up for a reason but his 4 million is not killing us. The draft was not great so far but still have time

He has not sit idly by as he brought in Hitchens whobwe all thought was a food signing at the time. Brought in HB and Wilson too

The trade of Smith brought in Fuller and a pick. All of us thought it was great at the time. He will need to show us this next draft and FA period something though. We all wanted Sutton gone and we even switched to a 43 then too.  It looked like Veaxh was setting us up for the move too with his picks from before. Just tough ass luck on some of these signings to see nothing produce so far.

They haven't all been bad but I've just taken my own homer glasses off to realize he's missed on a lot of draft picks.   To make a legit run during your qb's rookie deal you need players capable of playing right away and he's gotten too cute and we are having to fill voids with higher priced free agents that quite frankly haven't lived up to their deal and nothing i've seen makes me think they ever will.  Seattle made that run because they crushed the draft those years and had a D that could help Wilson along.  Now we had the luxury of not needing a great D to help usher along our team will be in flux the next couple years because we are having to bring in the Breelands and Claibornes to cover over the drafting defeciences and that means a D that can never really gel from year to year because players are constantly moving.   We could quite literally have no dbs returning along with every lb position except Hitchens because we are stuck with that punk.   And our D line might only have Clark and Nandi back.    Oh well, its one game but tonight showed me that we aren't any closer than last year.   We have an opportunity but Veach and Reid didn't set us up well for the last two years of Mahomes rookie deal but instead piled up that much more pressure on Mahomes to cover their ineptitude.

If the reports about Veach's involvement in Mahomes' pick is correct that just means that he's a pretty good scout but definitely not good enough of a GM to be the man. Similar to Pioli, Veach isn't ready for a GM role and it's clear Reid cannot do it all on his own. We need a competent guy who can actually run a franchise while Reid runs the team. 

On 10/7/2019 at 1:52 AM, sith13 said:

If the reports about Veach's involvement in Mahomes' pick is correct that just means that he's a pretty good scout but definitely not good enough of a GM to be the man. Similar to Pioli, Veach isn't ready for a GM role and it's clear Reid cannot do it all on his own. We need a competent guy who can actually run a franchise while Reid runs the team. 

Yeah these struggles under Veach have to stop. These 2 division titles, 2 playoff appearances, a near SB berth, 4 -1 record and first place in the division this year...we cant let this continue. Time to start the "Save our Chiefs" movement again. 

Oh I forgot. Reid gets the credit for the offense but Veach gets the blame for the defense. Hell he probably hired Spagnuolo without Reids permission. 

I wish Hunt would hurry up and fire this guy. Thus winning is getting old. I mean we have lost 11 regular ssn games in the 3 years he has been GM. That just screams incompetence. 

Fucking mind boggling. Were we supposed to go undefeated this year? I mean we were gonna lose a game at some point. First loss of the season in week 5 and people are calling for someones job. 

We played pathetic football yesterday. It's done. We move on toward our very reachable goal of ANOTHER division title and a home playoff game.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah these struggles under Veach have to stop. These 2 division titles, 2 playoff appearances, a near SB berth, 4 -1 record and first place in the division this year...we cant let this continue. Time to start the "Save our Chiefs" movement again. 

Oh I forgot. Reid gets the credit for the offense but Veach gets the blame for the defense. Hell he probably hired Spagnuolo without Reids permission. 

I wish Hunt would hurry up and fire this guy. Thus winning is getting old. I mean we have lost 11 regular games in the 3 years he has been GM. That just screams incompetence. 

Fucking mind boggling. Were we supposed to go undefeated this year? I mean we were gonna lose a game at some point. First loss of the season in week 5 and people are calling for someones job. 

We played pathetic football yesterday. It's done. We move on toward our very reachable goal of ANOTHER division title and a home playoff game.

Actually I think both Reid and Veach get the criticism for offense as well as defense as they are both fully responsible on both sides.

I don't mind the loss, in fact I sort of like it better than going around with a target on our back. However as I pointed out earlier this line will get Mahomes killed and that might have more long term effects on us than a SB push this year. Veach clearly doesn't understand how to build a decent offense but Reid sure doesn't seem to be pointing him in the right direction either. We have a million WRs on the roster yet our starting OC and OG look pretty much like crap and the backup tackle is possibly the worst of the bunch. 

In terms of defense we are spending money and picks (even future ones) but don't seem to have good fits on any of them. Pretty much any major addition in Veach era has played the worst football of their career in KC. Still early and I'm hoping some will bounce back but that's way too much of an investment for something that's all but certain.

1 hour ago, Joe_Chief said:

Chiefs would have had several more stops if Breeland wasn't a defensive holding penalty waiting to happen.  A couple stops and the Chiefs win, and this conversation looks totally different.

I thought they had re-signed Scandrick.  lol

I  understood the reason we released Houston was due to his contract. 

Then right away, we sign another huge contract to a man I've never heard of. 

This right here was a major red flag to me about this Veach character. He traded up to get Speaks, for what? 

However, I'm not going to judge until we are in the depth of December. That's when we'll know where our defense stands, and where certain players stand. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Also, I have no clue why Veach gets all the credit for Mahomes. The Chiefs traded up to the #10 spot to draft him, and last I recall John Dorsey was the general manager in charge when that happened. It shouldn't have taken much scouting genius to see that Mahomes was special. 

BINGO

36 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

I  understood the reason we released Houston was due to his contract. 

Then right away, we sign another huge contract to a man I've never heard of. 

This right here was a major red flag to me about this Veach character. He traded up to get Speaks, for what? 

However, I'm not going to judge until we are in the depth of December. That's when we'll know where our defense stands, and where certain players stand. 

Justin Houston has played in exactly 1 full season since 2012, he's on the wrong side of 30 and plays a position that doesn't exist in a 4-3.  He's been a "leader" on one of the worst and most frustrating defenses that any of us have ever tried to cheer for.  The fact that you've never heard of Frank Clark speaks a lot about your football knowledge and not about Brett Veach.  He's one of the most highly regarded young defenders in the league.  And him making Cam Irving look bad is not a reason to think it wasn't time to move on.  It was.   A frustrating night, but come on. 

17 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Justin Houston has played in exactly 1 full season since 2012, he's on the wrong side of 30 and plays a position that doesn't exist in a 4-3.  He's been a "leader" on one of the worst and most frustrating defenses that any of us have ever tried to cheer for.  The fact that you've never heard of Frank Clark speaks a lot about your football knowledge and not about Brett Veach.  He's one of the most highly regarded young defenders in the league.  And him making Cam Irving look bad is not a reason to think it wasn't time to move on.  It was.   A frustrating night, but come on. 

You know who really made a difference? Dee Ford. If he didn't sack or strip the QB he created pressure. Sorry to say but looks like we lost a step on pass rush.

Linebackers are another story. 

41 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

You know who really made a difference? Dee Ford. If he didn't sack or strip the QB he created pressure. Sorry to say but looks like we lost a step on pass rush.

Linebackers are another story. 

Frank Clark has more sacks since 2015 than Ford.  Ford had one good year here and was mostly considered if not a bust, then at least bust "ish" until that time.  He certainly was disruptive in 2018, but there's no place for him in a 4-3.  You could make a case for Houston as a 4-3 DE, but not Ford.  He was a complete liability against the run.