Brett Veach should be fired

Dorsey really benefitted from inheriting a ton of good players on defense when he got here. He was pretty good on draft day and had the advantage of being #1 on the waiver wire to help quickly supplement. But he also buried this team in bad contracts with underachieving and oft injured players and drafted bad character players recklessly early. Veach came in and has done a GREAT job of getting us out from underneath those contracts but is still hamstrung to the tune of 15 million in dead cap this year to do it. Veach also has struggled with his big contract signings to replace those guys. So while he's signing better types of contracts, he's not signing better players. At least it hasn't panned out that way yet. First draft looks awful, second draft has some really nice potential. Verdict still very much out long term. 

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Chris Ballard seems to be doing well in Indi. Look at that O-Line he's built.

We haven't committed many resources to the oline since Andy got here and it shows when backups have to play and by our starting guard play in general. I've changed my mind here. We don't necessarily need to draft a guard in round 1, but we need to commit to rebuilding that group in earnest with a string of moves. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We haven't committed many resources to the oline since Andy got here and it shows when backups have to play and by our starting guard play in general. I've changed my mind here. We don't necessarily need to draft a guard in round 1, but we need to commit to rebuilding that group in earnest with a string of moves. 

I think LG has been neglected since Andy's first year here. Asamoah and Allen were solid. Need to go high on offensive lineman. 

Chiefs DT Xavier Williams will undergo an MRI on his injured ankle.

He's believed to be dealing with a bad sprain, though obviously we'll know more once his MRI results come back. With Chris Jones (groin) also on the shelf, KC's defensive front won't be at anywhere close to full strength for Sunday's Week 6 matchup with Houston. That bodes well for Deshaun Watson, who is coming off a career game against Atlanta in Week 5 (426 yards, five touchdowns).

Fanatic Take: They suck at full strength so no big deal. The back up cant do much worse because these starters should be back ups. Jones is a one trick pony. Wants Sacks for a big pay day.

8 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Chiefs DT Xavier Williams will undergo an MRI on his injured ankle.

He's believed to be dealing with a bad sprain, though obviously we'll know more once his MRI results come back. With Chris Jones (groin) also on the shelf, KC's defensive front won't be at anywhere close to full strength for Sunday's Week 6 matchup with Houston. That bodes well for Deshaun Watson, who is coming off a career game against Atlanta in Week 5 (426 yards, five touchdowns).

Fanatic Take: They suck at full strength so no big deal. The back up cant do much worse because these starters should be back ups. Jones is a one trick pony. Wants Sacks for a big pay day.

Man..I've been off the coalition site for awhile. Been over on Arrowhead pride. I don't know why.. This site has people that know football and are much, much smarter!

You are Fanatic! The starters sucked balls anyways, so we will not see a difference up front. All we can hope for is that Spags starts to gamble and dials up more run blitzes.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

I think think the jury is still out on Veach. Has he even drafted a 1st round player since he took over?

Reid must be part of all these decisions too. Love Reid as a offensive coach but his defensive knowledge is like Vermeil.

21 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

I think LG has been neglected since Andy's first year here. Asamoah and Allen were solid. Need to go high on offensive lineman. 

We got spoiled here with 20 Pro Bowls from guards drafted round 3 or later since 1990. At the very least we need a guard on day two. Nelson was a real impact player last night. That said we also may not need that type of caliber of guard here as we put up historic numbers with average play. But I think we've let it slip too far now. 

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Reid must be part of all these decisions too. Love Reid as a offensive coach but his defensive knowledge is like Vermeil.

I feel like Veech is trying to do like Dorsey, and select 4th and 5rnd guys in the 2nd and 3rd because he's soooo much smarter than everyone else.

Veech has been drafting defense for the last 3 years, and do we have any starters with the exception of Nnadi (who is below average) and Thornhill???

37 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Chris Ballard seems to be doing well in Indi. Look at that O-Line he's built.

I mean the left side of the line is two first round picks, similar to Dallas who invested heavily in oline in the first round you would expect to see them being great.

Just now, artsy said:

I feel like Veech is trying to do like Dorsey, and select 4th and 5rnd guys in the 2nd and 3rd because he's soooo much smarter than everyone else.

Veech has been drafting defense for the last 3 years, and do we have any starters with the exception of Nnadi (who is below average) and Thornhill???

Veach has been with Kc how long? Same concepts on building a defense. Chiefs need a fresh approach. Sutton/Spags does not matter. Lack of talent and zero depth is the issue.    

2018 Draft:

• Round 2 (46) LB Breeland Speaks - On IR.
  • Round 3 (75) DT Derrick Nnadi. - Decent Starter.
  • Round 3 (100) LB Dorian O' Daniel - Buried in depth Chart.
  • Round 4 (124) - S Armani Watts. - Doesn't see field.
  • Round 6 (196) - CB Tremon Smith - Waived.
  • Round 6 (198) - OG Kahlil McKenzie - Waived.

2019 Draft:

Should be a better draft hopefully can't really evaluate now. 

10 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Veach has been with Kc how long? Same concepts on building a defense. Chiefs need a fresh approach. Sutton/Spags does not matter. Lack of talent and zero depth is the issue.    

Well, if we notice it, I'm sure Clark Hunt is noticing. 3 yrs worth of Defensive Drafts, and no impact players?????

That's a problem and it's being blatantly revealed.

15 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

2018 Draft:

• Round 2 (46) LB Breeland Speaks - On IR.
  • Round 3 (75) DT Derrick Nnadi. - Decent Starter.
  • Round 3 (100) LB Dorian O' Daniel - Buried in depth Chart.
  • Round 4 (124) - S Armani Watts. - Doesn't see field.
  • Round 6 (196) - CB Tremon Smith - Waived.
  • Round 6 (198) - OG Kahlil McKenzie - Waived.

2019 Draft:

Should be a better draft hopefully can't really evaluate now. 

All of these guys should be on the taxi squad. Nnadi is not a decent starter. Watts: If you cant see the field on this D then you should be cut.

46 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

It always annoys me when they show him over on the bench talking to Mahomes.  He's the head coach.  He should have his fat ass over there watching the defense fail like the rest of us have to.

I just can't believe the dude traded away a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and made Clark the highest paid defensive player. Much disrespect to Chris Jones, who has fought his way to being the best player on that side of the ball no questions asked. 

Breeland Speaks. There was a reason he drafted him. Frank Clark trade doesn't make sense. Should have the draft capital to build around Mahomes (offensive line).

Seems like we've had the same Frankenstein mesh of an offensive line since Reid took over. 

8 minutes ago, SEMO said:

It always annoys me when they show him over on the bench talking to Mahomes.  He's the head coach.  He should have his fat ass over there watching the defense fail like the rest of us have to.

Yup. I always see Belichick on top of everything going on, especially on defense. 

4 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

I just can't believe the dude traded away a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and made Clark the highest paid defensive player. Much disrespect to Chris Jones, who has fought his way to being the best player on that side of the ball no questions asked. 

Breeland Speaks. There was a reason he drafted him. Frank Clark trade doesn't make sense. Should have the draft capital to build around Mahomes (offensive line).

Seems like we've had the same Frankenstein mesh of an offensive line since Reid took over. 

BINGO 

19 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I’ve been saying that since day one.

get involved. And establish a fucking run game. Stop with the rpo shit. Put him under center once in a while.

23 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’ve been saying that since day one.

get involved. And establish a fucking run game. Stop with the rpo shit. Put him under center once in a while.

Yea the one time they did that shit was on that 4th down. The I-formation also sets up a wicked play-action, which we have yet to see all year it seems like