Brett Veach should be fired

8 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Yea the one time they did that shit was on that 4th down. The I-formation also sets up a wicked play-action, which we have yet to see all year it seems like

Play action passing, now there's a concept I'd love to see again. But as you've stated, it requires actually running the ball. Loved the Indy hats they kept showing: "Run the damn ball" 

12 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

I just can't believe the dude traded away a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and made Clark the highest paid defensive player. Much disrespect to Chris Jones, who has fought his way to being the best player on that side of the ball no questions asked. 

Breeland Speaks. There was a reason he drafted him. Frank Clark trade doesn't make sense. Should have the draft capital to build around Mahomes (offensive line).

Seems like we've had the same Frankenstein mesh of an offensive line since Reid took over. 

The only season we had a decent line was with the leftovers from the old one. Looks like those guys were waiting for a HC like Reid to make them look good and we switched to messing up the line ever since.

Let's just hope we don't suffer any significant injuries to Mahomes until Veach/Reid wise up and find decent lineman or Hunt decides to step in and replaces Veach. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

The only season we had a decent line was with the leftovers from the old one. Looks like those guys were waiting for a HC like Reid to make them look good and we switched to messing up the line ever since.

Let's just hope we don't suffer any significant injuries to Mahomes until Veach/Reid wise up and find decent lineman or Hunt decides to step in and replaces Veach. 

And what exactly would be Hunts basis for firing Veach? The winning? The playoff berths? The 3rd straight division title we are working on?

31 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

And what exactly would be Hunts basis for firing Veach? The winning? The playoff berths? The 3rd straight division title we are working on?

We were already doing that without Veach. What did Veach bring to the table that we didn't have without him? A GM is judged on fixing his mistakes, if Veach cannot show that he can I doubt Hunt will keep him around for long. 

On 10/6/2019 at 9:53 PM, azchief21 said:

Vermiel 2.0. At this point we're wasting Mahomes. Chris Jones is good. Other than that, defense has no talent or heart. Wilson plays hard. 

23 games into his career and we've wasted Mahomes???  🤣🤣

Chiefs fans woe is me will say ANYTHING lol

1 minute ago, dksww said:

Agree. Just insanely short sighted. We are coming off our most successful season in three decades. Broke the long home playoff losing streak. And have gone into a full overhaul of the defense and scheme that is a work in progress.  Not to mention facing injuries that would debilitate most teams.  So we go through a little bump in the road and suddenly we are wasting Mahomes and years away from being a contender.  😂 

It must truly suck to be Veach/Reid.  You go on a 16-4 run with one of the most dominant offenses in the history of the game.  You get within a coin toss of the first Super Bowl appearance in 50 years.  Then you lose one freak, injury filled regular season game and people start asking for your job and telling you what you are doing wrong on offense. 

On 10/7/2019 at 5:02 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah these struggles under Veach have to stop. These 2 division titles, 2 playoff appearances, a near SB berth, 4 -1 record and first place in the division this year...we cant let this continue. Time to start the "Save our Chiefs" movement again. 

Oh I forgot. Reid gets the credit for the offense but Veach gets the blame for the defense. Hell he probably hired Spagnuolo without Reids permission. 

I wish Hunt would hurry up and fire this guy. Thus winning is getting old. I mean we have lost 11 regular games in the 3 years he has been GM. That just screams incompetence. 

Fucking mind boggling. Were we supposed to go undefeated this year? I mean we were gonna lose a game at some point. First loss of the season in week 5 and people are calling for someones job. 

We played pathetic football yesterday. It's done. We move on toward our very reachable goal of ANOTHER division title and a home playoff game.

I heard an amazing stat yesterday in that the Chiefs haven't lost a game by more than 2 scores since week 4 of the 2016 season.  It was a SNF game in Pittsburgh where we got blown out.

I agree, it was a bad game with a ton of injuries.  We weren't going 16-0 anyway so might as well get a reality check now and move forward.  Good teams learn and get better.

On 10/7/2019 at 7:21 AM, Chiefmanzada said:

I  understood the reason we released Houston was due to his contract. 

Then right away, we sign another huge contract to a man I've never heard of. 

This right here was a major red flag to me about this Veach character. He traded up to get Speaks, for what? 

However, I'm not going to judge until we are in the depth of December. That's when we'll know where our defense stands, and where certain players stand. 

You had never heard of Frank Clark?  🤔   How is that Veach's fault that you don't know of a good player?  🙄

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

We were already doing that without Veach. What did Veach bring to the table that we didn't have without him? A GM is judged on fixing his mistakes, if Veach cannot show that he can I doubt Hunt will keep him around for long.

Unless you think Clark Hunt is more worried about defensive statistics than winning  games, this makes very little sense. The main reason Dorsey lost his job was his terrible cap management. Veach has more than fixed that, while the winning has continued. 

We have one of the best teams in the NFL.  The idea that Hunt is considerig firing Veach is just beyond ridiculous to me. They've reached heights under Veach that we hadnt seen since 1993. 

I know a lot of people are upset about his 2018 draft. I know a lot of people are upset Hitchens contract and Clark's productivity. I am too. But making mistakes is not exclusive to Brett Veach.  He may not be the personnel guy that. Dorsey is but he's clearly better with money. And his second draft is looking much more promising than his first. 

And we have the best offense in football. He has helped build that. Regardless of if our defense has improved like we wanted it to, the bottom line is the Chiefs have been outstanding under Veach. 

21 hours ago, qnet said:

I think think the jury is still out on Veach. Has he even drafted a 1st round player since he took over?

This is my one criticism of Veach.  He shouldn't be trading up for these players, especially for players that need alot of development like Speaks and Hardman.

If anything you trade back for more picks or just let the draft fall to you.  There was no need to trade up for Speaks or Hardman.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Unless you think Clark Hunt is more worried about defensive statistics than winning  games, this makes very little sense. The main reason Dorsey lost his job was his terrible cap management. Veach has more than fixed that, while the winning has continued. 

We have one of the best teams in the NFL.  The idea that Hunt is considerig firing Veach is just beyond ridiculous to me. They've reached heights under Veach that we hadnt seen since 1993. 

I know a lot of people are upset about his 2018 draft. I know a lot of people are upset Hitchens contract and Clark's productivity. I am too. But making mistakes is not exclusive to Brett Veach.  He may not be the personnel guy that. Dorsey is but he's clearly better with money. And his second draft is looking much more promising than his first. 

And we have the best offense in football. He has helped build that. Regardless of if our defense has improved like we wanted it to, the bottom line is the Chiefs have been outstanding under Veach. 

Well we will end up being in the same cap situation within a year or two. IMO Veach is no better than Dorsey with contracts. Pretty much all his considerable FA moves look to be bad and he doesn't seem to be doing any better in draft either. I don't think we have upgraded one bit, not sure if he's a downgrade though.

I'm not saying Hunt is furious with Veach but I believe he'll be at some point and hopefully Mahomes will not be the next Luck in terms of health by then. 

Thinking that we have been outstanding under Veach is just funny though, very very funny :D

1 minute ago, dksww said:

This is my one criticism of Veach.  He shouldn't be trading up for these players, especially for players that need alot of development like Speaks and Hardman.

If anything you trade back for more picks or just let the draft fall to you.  There was no need to trade up for Speaks or Hardman.

The Clark trade doesnt look good. But we basically swapped Houston out for a version of himself 5 years younger at a lower cap cost this season. Trading the picks sucks, but you are looking at a proven stud entering his prime. And we still have our picks in 2020. Veach hasnt been perfect. But I agree with most of his decisions and I love his aggressiveness.

27 minutes ago, dksww said:

Yep. I said as of now. Last year Mahomes had a super bowl winning season. In AFC championship game defense gave up 524 yards and we only had 41 yards rushing. Mahomes was wasted. Have you seen the defense and the O line this year? His talents are not only being wasted but he's also getting beat up. You call it woe, I'll call it facts.

21 hours ago, qnet said:

I think think the jury is still out on Veach. Has he even drafted a 1st round player since he took over?

He spent 4 picks on Hardman and Speaks, our #4 WR as it seems and a developmental pass rusher who was a terrible pick for our scheme back then. Both were our first picks in those drafts. 

I'm pretty sure he'll find a way to trade away our next #1 pick as well together with a few more for yet another single player. 

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The only criticism I have of Veach or what's happened with him in the draft is the trading up for players that are projects.  Maybe it's a Reid thing because they did it with KPass, but trading up for guys like Hardman and Speaks were a mistake.  They coulda had other guys come in and do the same things by just standing pat and not giving up picks to move up.

7 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Thinking that we have been outstanding under Veach is just funny though, very very funny :D

It's not an argument Sith. It's a statement of fact. We have won the division, gone to the playoffs, and nearly the SB in his first 2 years. In his third year we are 4-1, once again leading the division. The Chiefs have been outstanding while Brett Veach has been their GM.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

It's not an argument Sith. It's a statement of fact. We have won the division, gone to the playoffs, and nearly the SB in his first 2 years. In his third year we are 4-1, once again leading the division. The Chiefs have been outstanding while Brett Veach has been their GM.

Well we accomplished most of those with Sutton in town, why did we let him "get away"?

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The Clark trade doesnt look good. But we basically swapped Houston out for a version of himself 5 years younger at a lower cap cost this season. Trading the picks sucks, but you are looking at a proven stud entering his prime. And we still have our picks in 2020. Veach hasnt been perfect. But I agree with most of his decisions and I love his aggressiveness.

Oh i was fine with the Clark trade I was referring to trading up in the draft to get project players like Hardman and Speaks.

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

Oh i was fine with the Clark trade I was referring to trading up in the draft to get project players like Hardman and Speaks.

Yeah that 2018 draft looks awful. No one is arguing it. But I have someone arguing that Veach is no better with the cap than Dorsey. That's basically looking at a stop sign and deciding it doesnt say stop. It's not an opinion. Veach IS better with the cap than Dorsey. The numbers are right there.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I think it's fairly clear that we have stepped it up a notch since the 10-6 2017 Chiefs and Bob Sutton loss to the Titans. 

Definitely, and we might have actually stepped it up from last year as well. However we only do those by not being content with where we are by accepting our problems but rather upgrading wherever possible. If Veach is the problem as Sutton was then upgrading at GM will only make us better. 

15 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Yep. I said as of now. Last year Mahomes had a super bowl winning season. In AFC championship game defense gave up 524 yards and we only had 41 yards rushing. Mahomes was wasted. Have you seen the defense and the O line this year? His talents are not only being wasted but he's also getting beat up. You call it woe, I'll call it facts.

There's no facts here.  It's a ridiculous opinion.  lol, "facts".