Brett Veach should be fired

On 10/9/2019 at 11:38 AM, dksww said:

People are making good points but IMO the shortcomings on defense stem from trading up for project players like KPass and Speaks.  It's taken 3 seasons for KPass to get any kind of significant playing time so the jury is still out on him.  Speaks was traded up for and put into a position he didn't even play and is now injured for the year so we have to wait another 2 seasons before we know anything.

The other picks are alot of project guys like Saunders, O'Daniel and Watts.  We're investing round 1-4 draft picks on guys that aren't NFL ready players.  O'Daniel can't even get on the field. He's a 3rd round pick and with Hitchens out they have to go to Ben Niemann who was undrafted. 

They haven't drafted CBs at all really.  They used a 6th round pick the past 2 years on guys that can't play, either.  One is already gone.

Maybe a solution is avoiding paying Chris Jones huge money and trading him for picks and then trading out of our 1st round pick for more picks as well.

We need to start hitting on players in the draft.  It's killing us depth wise and on defense we don't have any quality starters that came from the draft.

I appreciate how aggressive Veach is in the draft and free agency, but the draft philosophy hasn't worked and they need to do it differently next year.

I love Chris Jones and I think he is elite but our D isn't going anywhere with him.    I don't know.  To be honest it feels like Veach has backed us into a horrible corner that is going to cost us 2-3 years of Mahomes in his prime.   

I personally would like Veach fired too. Weve finished in first place in our division and gone to the playoffs both years he has been our GM. We are in first place again this year. I'm tired of this shit.

Hes been here almost 2 and a half years and we havent won a Super Bowl yet. When are we we gonna clean house and get some competent people in here and start winning some games? 

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I personally would like Veach fired too. Weve finished in first place in our division and gone to the playoffs both years he has been our GM. We are in first place again this year. I'm tired of this shit.

Hes been here almost 2 and a half years and we havent won a Super Bowl yet. When are we we gonna clean house and get some competent people in here and start winning some games? 

Ok,  is a good defense possible under veach?

17 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

heh

23 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Veach will get another year; however, the idea of trading Jones for more picks for him to piss away is not an appealing proposition at this time. Guy can't hit on defensive talent so I don't trust the idea of giving CJ up for more Speaks reaches 

We can't afford another $100M contract getting 0 production.  Not that Jones hangs 0's, but they just can't have 2 $100M guys on a last ranked defense.

Ben Nieman cannot start anymore period. He's decent on passing downs, but he doesn't have the physique or fitness level to play every down. I'd rather have Sorenson stick his nose in there as a LB. They have no bodies, it's a mess a LB. I was more concerned with LB than anything else on this team before the season and it's showing now. 

59 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Ben Nieman cannot start anymore period. He's decent on passing downs, but he doesn't have the physique or fitness level to play every down. I'd rather have Sorenson stick his nose in there as a LB. They have no bodies, it's a mess a LB. I was more concerned with LB than anything else on this team before the season and it's showing now. 

Including special teams Nieman played 105 snaps yesterday. That's both insane from a physical standpoint but also because it tells you just how bleek our LBing group is. Neiman is AWFUL vs the run.  Every single player was either a role player or an underachiever at his prior stop or wasn't even worth drafting to begin with. Underachieving so far but the Dline is well thought out in my opinion and has real potential even this year to emerge. I see no reason at all to believe in our LBs as the current roster stands. Any trade deadline deal better be looking squarely here. Our corners aren't much better but the new penalty machine Breeland. But its the LBs being targeted more than the corners. 

Well people were on Veach and his picks. Speaks and Nnadi are  from 2018, Veach did not have a 1st rounder that year. We have yet to see Speaks in the new system so he is yet to be judged. Watts and Nnadi look to be good starters/depth players going forward.  Possibly 3 picks out of 6 good so far, DOD has yet to do anything but still on the team.

2019 picks look solid in Thornhill and Hardman. Throw in the fact Saunders is coming on and still has plenty to learn and seeing what we saw out of Fenton looking good. Still have Allegretti and Thompson learning the system and yet to see what we have in them. Throw in the fact we received Clark too. So out of 6  possible picks we have 2 starters, 2 upcoming guys and 2 yet to see time I think Veach has down really well in his 2 drafts so far.

It will be nice to see what he can do with the cap space, get out of Jones (if they sign and trade as Saunders may be the real deal or we may not be able to afford him) and then go into FA then the draft knowing what we need. Very exciting to have the team signed for the near future and still so young. Then going out and getting Pennell who may be worth a look to extend after this season if he is in fact in shape and plays like he has before. I guess we just need to give him time and his picks time to see what they really do have for us.

2019 could be very special draft. Thompson will be a weapon. I can’t wait to see him. Thornhill is at least average as an immediate starting rookie that will only get better. Hardman is already a weapons and will be a deadly slot WR at least. Saunders has a lot to learn but could be a monster in time. 

I'm so glad Veach trade Ford for a second round pick this year versus last year when SF sucked because their QB was out. Now he's back and they're undefeated...who would of thought this year's pick would be lower? Dumbass move and inexcusable...he needed go hold them over the fire for last year's pick. 

37 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'm so glad Veach trade Ford for a second round pick this year versus last year when SF sucked because their QB was out. Now he's back and they're undefeated...who would of thought this year's pick would be lower? Dumbass move and inexcusable...he needed go hold them over the fire for last year's pick. 

Their schedule so far has been weak at best. The still have Bal, Car, seattle twice, GB, NO all coming up. They barely best Washington today who is a 1 win team. 

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Their schedule so far has been weak at best. The still have Bal, Car, seattle twice, GB, NO all coming up. They barely best Washington today who is a 1 win team. 

Probably end up a toss up which pick we send to Seattle.  

• 2 months later...

24 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Somebody owes Veach an apology.  It's hard to imagine how he could have done a better job of fixing that defense in one season.  And adding some pieces throughout the season that have really contributed.  Great job.  I am proud of this team. 

A lot of people owe Veach an apology right about nowish.

37 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Somebody owes Veach an apology.  It's hard to imagine how he could have done a better job of fixing that defense in one season.  And adding some pieces throughout the season that have really contributed.  Great job.  I am proud of this team. 

I’m not sure he could possibly have done a better job than he has in the last year. Nearly everything he has done, big or small has worked. This defense folds yesterday IMO without the culture change brought in with the attitude Clark and Mathieu bring.  

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I’m not sure he could possibly have done a better job than he has in the last year. Nearly everything he has done, big or small has worked. This defense folds yesterday IMO without the culture change brought in with the attitude Clark and Mathieu bring.  

Even ODaniel and Watts are now playing meaningful snaps. Dude is a stud GM. We may win the whole thing, but with another good offseason we could literally be defending champs with the best player and best overall roster in football going into 2020-2021.