Brett Veach should be fired

18 hours ago, Balto said:

I still think DK Metcalf would of been the better long term pick.  Overall I love what Veach has done.

Metcalf is a one trick pony.

From PFF:

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: WR MECOLE HARDMAN

The 5’10” speedster, Mecole Hardman, has been exactly what we expected during his rookie campaign: a guy who can create after the catch better than most in the league. On his 32 targets, Hardman has generated a league-best passer rating of 153.6; he's also broken the seventh-most broken tackles (8) and produced a yards-after-the-catch average that’s two yards higher than any other wide receiver.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/1/19/21072772/nine-winners-and-one-loser-from-the-chiefs-win-over-the-titans

Nine winners and one loser from the Chiefs’ win over the Titans

How can there be any losers from such an incredible victory?

By stagdsp@stagdsp  Jan 19, 2020, 8:40pm CST

Maybe we’re still in shock. Maybe we’re just riding a post-game high. But after a performance like the one we saw in the Kansas City Chiefs’ 35-24 victory over the Tennessee Titans in the AFC championship, it’s difficult to name many losers.

In the ultimate team sport, it took a complete game from both the offense and defense to get a shot at the ultimate goal. Folks... the Chiefs are going to the Super Bowl!

Here are a few of the men responsible for finally bringing the Lamar Hunt Trophy home.

Winners

NFL: AFC Championship-Tennessee Titans at Kansas City ChiefsJay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports

Chiefs fans of all ages: Year after year, we’ve paid our dues. Being a lifelong Chiefs fan hasn’t always been easy. For most of us, we’ve only seen this team be the bridesmaid at best. Season after season of good-but-not-great teams. Going 10-6 — and losing in the most gut-wrenching ways during the playoffs — was an annual tradition. We saw great defenses with inept offenses — or great offenses with inept defenses. But this year, all of that changed. A well-balanced Chiefs team is heading to the Super Bowl. For once, we are celebrating a big comeback in the playoffs. For once, we’re going to watch the Chiefs in the championship. Enjoy it, Chiefs fans. You earned it.

Tyreek Hill: After the drama in the offseason — and the dangerous chest injury that cost him most of September and October — this victory must have been extra sweet for the fastest man in the league. In the biggest game of his career (so far), he had five catches for 67 yards and two touchdowns.

Brett Veach: For all the questions, all the doubts and all the second-guessing, the team’s young general manager now has validation. Letting some all-time fan favorites go was hard. Trading large assets for Frank Clark was controversial. But there’s no doubt now that these moves were just what this team needed to get over the hump. Adding offensive weapons — when people thought they were already loaded — and changing out nearly the entire defense with the goal of adding attitude was risky. And then relying on bargain-basement moves at cornerback, too? It was a bold plan. Now it’s been proven to be a good one.

Andy Reid: In many ways, Andy Reid is the most Chiefs coach ever. He’s been good for as long as anyone can remember — but flawed enough not to win the championship. Big Red has been through a lot in his life — and through it all, he’s been amazingly dedicated to his craft. He’s been an innovator and a mentor, with a legacy of the league’s most significant coaching tree — and former players who would jump at the chance to play for him again. Now he’s added another conference championship to his Hall of Fame resume — and with Patrick Mahomes, has his best opportunity to get over the final hump.

Patrick Lavon Mahomes: Another game, another MVP performance from the young superstar. Two weeks in a row, he’s done something absolutely legendary. Two weeks in a row, he’s led the team in rushing, adding another dimension to the game’s best passer. We’ll be telling our grandkids about his touchdown run — and how we got to watch the very best player in the world lead the Chiefs on a championship run.

Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo: The turnaound has been drastic — and glorious. No longer do we have to watch this team’s defense be helpless while opponents do what we knew they were going to do. Spagnuolo and the defense stepped up and stopped what the Titans do best. They were relentless and prideful. They weren’t perfect, but they imposed their will, playing championship-level football. To do that — during the first year in a new scheme with at least seven new starters and multiple rookies on the field — is unbelievable.

Tyrann Mathieu: On play after play, when the Chiefs needed a stop, we saw the Honey Badger hitting people. He had nine tackles — one for a loss — and a pass defensed. But even that doesn’t do justice to what the Mathieu means to this team.

Sammy Watkins: Give credit where it’s due: Playoff Sammy showed up on Sunday. He was the possession receiver Mahomes needed in order to move the chains. Then he got free on a big third-down play and scored his first touchdown since Week 1. One more game like this one and the other 16 games of unimpressive play won’t matter.

The role players: Tanoh Kpassagnon had two sacks, Demarcus Robinson converted a couple of key first downs, Daniel Sorensen had some huge tackles, Terrell Suggs played strong all game and batted down a pass to end a drive, Damien Wilson stepped up to help stop Derrick Henry... the list goes on. It wasn’t just the stars. The Chiefs got contributions from up and down the roster.

Losers:

AFC Championship - Tennessee Titans v Kansas City ChiefsPhoto by Peter Aiken/Getty Images

Superstitions, the Madden curse, the playoff curse and heartbreak: I typically tend to not believe in curses — but over my lifetime, Chiefs history has put plenty of doubt in my mind. For every Chiefs fan who felt like their beloved team would never get to the Super Bowl, this one is for you. After 50 years, the streak is over. The playoff curse is dead. And for the duration of Mahomes’ career, the heartbreak is going to be minimal

• 3 months later...

Wow....there are two big takeaways i have from all of this.

1.  There are some people that need to step up and eat some crow...

2.  Most to all of those people are too stubborn and will still insist they are right even though we won the Super Bowl

25 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Wow....there are two big takeaways i have from all of this.

1.  There are some people that need to step up and eat some crow...

2.  Most to all of those people are too stubborn and will still insist they are right even though we won the Super Bowl

Dude I think theres a chance he's the best GM in football. He's in the conversation at minimum.

59 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Dude I think theres a chance he's the best GM in football. He's in the conversation at minimum.

Yeah I agree.  He positioned himself perfectly for the draft and we have very real and legitimate chance of repeating.   Love how he turns over the bottom of the roster and keeps bring in high upside guys to kick the tires.   The future is bright with him and Pat in the building.

On 10/6/2019 at 8:58 PM, Chiefswinitall said:

This guy has had enough time.  He doesn't know how to build a SB team.    signing below avg free agents is NOT the way.   You can't trade draft capital for shit.  Need more speed and exuberance.   We don't have it.

Oh he helped find Mahomes.  Ok ,  make him a solid gold trophy and fire him anyways.    Mahomes cant get there with this shit.

So....  we all know you have seen this...and we are waiting on your response...

I read through most of this, and I apologize and applaud whoever said this earlier in this thread, if someone did, but guys, trading a first round pick for Frank Clark, who went apeshit down the stretch and in the postseason, and getting rid of an oft injured one trick pony dumbass who was caught offsides in the previous years AFC championship game only to use that pick on ball hawk badass Juan Thornhill is an outstanding GM IMO. That alone was brilliant. 

11 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I read through most of this, and I apologize and applaud whoever said this earlier in this thread, if someone did, but guys, trading a first round pick for Frank Clark, who went apeshit down the stretch and in the postseason, and getting rid of an oft injured one trick pony dumbass who was caught offsides in the previous years AFC championship game only to use that pick on ball hawk badass Juan Thornhill is an outstanding GM IMO. That alone was brilliant. 

The fact that he was able to change coordinators and schemes and have the personnel in place in a single offseason without tearing down the offense is pretty amazing. 

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The fact that he was able to change coordinators and schemes and have the personnel in place in a single offseason without tearing down the offense is pretty amazing. 

Exactly! And the fact that they brought in guys like Ogbah and had the foresight to trade AS11 for Fuller and compensation. Shit, Ogbah was a first round draft pick! Total reclamation project. He was a huge return. Even Ragland, a “failed” high second rd pick, reclamation project too, learned how to tackle well enough in Spags defense to slow down D. Henry in the AFC championship game. Veach is bad ass 

47 minutes ago, West said:

I just read this thread and it is funny to say the least....

I remember seeing it back in October, and I just stayed away.....

Quite a bit of negative nellie stuff in there......

w

For sure. Winning a SB buys a lot of positive cred. Am interested to see how the defense looks in year 2 under Spags and whether Taco Charlton becomes the newest reclamation project in 2020. 

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

For sure. Winning a SB buys a lot of positive cred. Am interested to see how the defense looks in year 2 under Spags and whether Taco Charlton becomes the newest reclamation project in 2020. 

Well most thought it would be year 2 to see the defense to get his style. Well they got it towards the end of the season and it will or should only get better. Just need a few upgrades imo on CB, LB and quality depth and we should be good to go for a while and that will only lead to more SB hopefully. That and get upgrade on IOL for protecting Pat and the sky is the limit. Or we could fire Veach...