Brett Veach should be fired

What gives me hope about Taco isn't the words coming out of his mouth but the staff we have in place that can maximize him to his fullest potential.   Doesn't guarantee he will be good, but the more obstacles you remove in a players way the better chance you have of getting what you hoped for production wise.    Sheesh just look at Kpass.  Every beat writer wrote that dude off and we saw a guy make huge leaps throughout the year.  Under Sutton he was a bum because that staff didn't know what they were doing.   I would really love to know what actually happened the year Spags sat out.  Did he choose to take a year off thus forcing Andy to keep Sutton or did Andy's hesitation with Sutton force Spags to wait a year.   I think we win the SB in 2018 pretty easily with that group if Spags was the DC.  I know I know that is water under the bridge but I'm really impressed with our defensive coaching staff.

21 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

What gives me hope about Taco isn't the words coming out of his mouth but the staff we have in place that can maximize him to his fullest potential.   Doesn't guarantee he will be good, but the more obstacles you remove in a players way the better chance you have of getting what you hoped for production wise.    Sheesh just look at Kpass.  Every beat writer wrote that dude off and we saw a guy make huge leaps throughout the year.  Under Sutton he was a bum because that staff didn't know what they were doing.   I would really love to know what actually happened the year Spags sat out.  Did he choose to take a year off thus forcing Andy to keep Sutton or did Andy's hesitation with Sutton force Spags to wait a year.   I think we win the SB in 2018 pretty easily with that group if Spags was the DC.  I know I know that is water under the bridge but I'm really impressed with our defensive coaching staff.

That is a really good question. I assumed Andy didn’t see the offense being that good that fast, but maybe he did. Maybe Spags wanted that year off and Andy had to either wait or hire someone he didn’t like as much. 

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

That is a really good question. I assumed Andy didn’t see the offense being that good that fast, but maybe he did. Maybe Spags wanted that year off and Andy had to either wait or hire someone he didn’t like as much. 

Either way I’m glad we got Spags along with House, Daly and Madison.

On 5/30/2020 at 6:32 PM, DieHard said:

Lets also not forget Veach made massive changes to the defensive personel as well. It was one of the best total reclamation projects you will ever see happen that fast and without early first and second round picks. 

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Lets also not forget Veach made massive changes to the defensive personel as well. It was one of the best total reclamation projects you will ever see happen that fast and without early first and second round picks. 

Agreed.  I’m not even sure what I said in the comments and I’m too lazy to look but I’ll eat crow regardless because I’m sure I took a shot or two somewhere in there.  

I had to go back and look at what I said in tis thread. I wasn't totally sold on Veach just yet, but no where near wanted him fired. I admit having my doubts, and thought we gave up too much for Clark.  

I didn't really feel like the Chiefs had a chance to go all the way, until I watched them play after Mahomes went down in the Bronco game. They showed me they were still a really solid team even without Mahomes

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2019 at 11:15 AM, Chiefmanzada said:

The Patriots Consistently make it to the AFC Championship if not the Superbowl.

Have we ever seen them commit such an outrageous trade such as the one Veach made with Clark? A 1st and 2nd rounder with a whopping 100 million dollar contract to go with it. 

We know what we have in Mahomes. So why are we breaking the bank for a pass rusher, when last year we had a dominant pass rush and still didn't accomplish the mission. 

and House coming from Kentucky, guy could have been a DC at some big time college programs

• 3 years later...