At what point do you pull a backup Olineman?

I mean we keep a ton of Olineman on the roster, so at what point do you realize that the sieve you have playing needs to get pulled.   The penalties are one thing but getting bull rushed into your qb's ankles and then whiffing on countless pressures and sacks should give someone the opportunity to at least start a series and see.   

Just now, Thegoatee said:

Erving all threw a guy when out of bounds for a 15 yard penalty that could have been a 4th and 2 go for it. Erving killed the offense.

Bro I forgot about that.   Honestly I wish we would cut him tomorrow and bring back Jeff Allen.......yes Jeff "Don't call me CJ Spiller" Allen!

Even with everyone healthy we had an unproven OC and a very questionable LG for the season. Should have found at least an upgrade at LG. Right now I feel really bad that the youngsters are not seen good enough to get on the field but I feel like we are at the point of risking it. 

7 hours ago, kcchief4lif said:

You think it's bad now.  Wait til they pay mahomes.

Dear lord..  he is gonna get killed.

Maybe this will put a bug in his ear about maybe not asking for the moon.   But in all reality if you draft well you can alleviate some of this.  Our problem is we fell asleep during the 2018 draft and got nobody of real worth.

Patriots lose their starting center and starting LT to IR with a 42 year old playing QB. They just plug players in and never miss a beat. It's game plan. That's definitely coaching. Sometimes Reid, has to simplify the game for these guys. Set a mindset and go with it. 

3 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Patriots lose their starting center and starting LT to IR with a 42 year old playing QB. They just plug players in and never miss a beat. It's game plan. That's definitely coaching. Sometimes Reid, has to simplify the game for these guys. Set a mindset and go with it. 

Maybe better depth too? 

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

I think it's coaching & preparation 100% for the Pats. Belichick coaches the entire team, not just the defense. 

14 hours ago, kkuenn said:

At what time do we invest on o line too? Having 6th round and 2 udfa on the line plus the shit ass Irving cant help much. We need ti go after some o and d line for that matter. Or if not DL a couple actual LBs.

Next year.  They don't need to burn a bunch of high picks to do it, but trash bin shopping isn't the way to fix.

It'll have to happen in phases as you really don't want to reshuffle an entire line at once.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Next year.  They don't need to burn a bunch of high picks to do it, but trash bin shopping isn't the way to fix.

It'll have to happen in phases as you really don't want to reshuffle an entire line at once.

Veech has to stop reaching on draft day. Just because you need a DT doesn't mean you take him in the 2nd rnd is he's projected to be 5th rnd draft pick. Imo, he's been reaching during the draft, versus taking the best defensive player available.

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Veech has to stop reaching on draft day. Just because you need a DT doesn't mean you take him in the 2nd rnd is he's projected to be 5th rnd draft pick. Imo, he's been reaching during the draft, versus taking the best defensive player available.

I think he did ok with this years draft, but last years was really a bizarro one.  

The Chiefs need to really re-do the formula for what they're trying to build.

16 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Other than Schwartz, stop bringing in people associated with the Browns. Nobody from that roster of 1-31 deserves to be here.

I get the logic that a horribly coached team will not be able to coax talent out of someone. So bring him into a good program and you will get a different result. I just think we do a little to much of it. Perhaps part of learning curve for Veach. I like young high upside guys for mid to late round picks, but at some point you have to evaluate NFL game film and not base these pickups on how you evaluated them out of college. We really haven't invested in between the tackles since Allen and Morse. This doesn't necessarily take first rounders, but it does take more than we have done. 

I will cur Erving some slack on the big 4th down run. On the surface it looked like he whiffed on the block, but Trent Green suggested that typically his responsibility there was to drop down into the B gap.  And this is because typically the DE would just keep containment against backside run. 
Problem is Justin Houston said after the game he recognized our alignment and knew the play. So he went all in after the runner. Erving tried to jump back out, but it was too late. 

I'm really perplexed at this point...who do we target for the draft? CB are mostly crap, LB are crap, can't stop the run, C is crap, LG is crap, swing tackle is a steaming pile of dog shit, and we really need a RB. That's a lot that needs to improve with few draft picks and a soon to be tight salary cap.

Ryan Hunter got his big chance on Sunday and got beat on every single snap. He's now been waived. Is Jeff Allen still hanging around KC? Actually it looks like we signed DL Terrell McClain as we will be without 3 DL players due to injury on Sunday. 

On 10/7/2019 at 12:56 PM, West said:

Game plan was horrible.

Why no Time out on the 4th down? We had 3.

Why run up the gut on the key play of the game with the 3rd team center?

w

It was poor. I’ve always called out Andy to many people’s dismay here. But it was bad. 

And answer me this, why is the sausage even taking a roster spot? 

There never an attempt to establish the run. Not even when we had Kareem. 

It would really help Pat.