Sell out?

The D is not stout in any aspect.  They can't stop the run, even when they know it is coming.  Can't stop the pass either.  They only somewhat stopped the pass against Indy, because Indy didn't pass much.  A Brady or Rogers, or maybe even Watson next week, will carve that secondary up.

So, what do they do?  Maybe sell out to stop one of the other.  Make the opponents beat you with either the run or the pass.  Make them one dimensional.

Go big on the line.  Maybe Nnadi and Williams at the tackle spots and put Jones at DE with Clark?  Put 8 in the box every play?  Make the opponent win with the pass and take our chances?

IDK.  But, that was brutal to watch last night.  When you are thinking, at least under werthers we got after the QB, things can't be good.

Sell out to stop the run.  At least if teams are beating us with the pass, they are scoring fast and Pat isn't on the sideline for 40 minutes.

Hopefully, they figure it out.

25 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs had the ball for 7 minutes only in second half. I don’t know what they are gonna do. Houston is gonna score. Better hope our offense wakes up. Andy needs to find balance 

They are definitely going to have to "attempt" to play the same game others are against the chiefs.

Not much from the lines play the last few weeks that shows they can.   Especially with the injuries that are piling up.  Even Pat's ankle is possibly becoming a liability. 

Don't know bout you all, but based on the last few weeks it feels like this season is teetering on the edge.

4 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

yes..  But...

These last two weeks were damn near identical.   

This Houston game is gonna be interesting.  

Sure. Difference. I dont care about home field advantage and all that crap. Chiefs have lost more big/playoff type games at Arrowhead than they have won. Chiefs may play better on the road as underdogs.

So 10-6 11-5 probably gets them to the dance. I dont worry about games down the road. One key injury to any team changes the game plan etc. This is a league of injuries week to week. Todays strong point is tomorrows issue. 

8 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I don't care about home field advantage and all that crap.

Well that arrowhead thing has been a myth for about 3-4 decades now. 

To me It's just how out of sync and the lack of line play has looked.  Just a weird funk about it and it's rolled through these last 2 games.

Chris Jones is gonna be a huge one for this team if his groin is that bad.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

The D is not stout in any aspect.  They can't stop the run, even when they know it is coming.  Can't stop the pass either.  They only somewhat stopped the pass against Indy, because Indy didn't pass much.  A Brady or Rogers, or maybe even Watson next week, will carve that secondary up.

So, what do they do?  Maybe sell out to stop one of the other.  Make the opponents beat you with either the run or the pass.  Make them one dimensional.

Go big on the line.  Maybe Nnadi and Williams at the tackle spots and put Jones at DE with Clark?  Put 8 in the box every play?  Make the opponent win with the pass and take our chances?

IDK.  But, that was brutal to watch last night.  When you are thinking, at least under werthers we got after the QB, things can't be good.

Sell out to stop the run.  At least if teams are beating us with the pass, they are scoring fast and Pat isn't on the sideline for 40 minutes.

Reality is the offense had six straight empty possessions last night. Any resemblance to our normal offense and we win every single time only giving up 19 points brutal rush defense and all. The D was banged up by I thought they competed smarter than the banged up offense. Spags dialed up some nice blitzes at opportune times to keep us in it. 

24 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

Well that arrowhead thing has been a myth for about 3-4 decades now. 

To me It's just how out of sync and the lack of line play has looked.  Just a weird funk about it and it's rolled through these last 2 games.

Chris Jones is gonna be a huge one for this team if his groin is that bad.

Arrowhead home field advantage is not a myth. But you need defense to capitalize on it because home field doesn't help the offense at all other than being quite when we have the ball. 

23 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs will need to make adjustments 

they are getting exposed 

Our backups are getting exposed would be the most accurate statement in my opinion. So far the next man up theory has only held water at WR until teams started playing man against them. Everywhere else the backups have stunk it up. Erving is a trainwreck. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Arrowhead home field advantage is not a myth. But you need defense to capitalize on it because home field doesn't help the offense at all other than being quite when we have the ball. 

Meh... I don't buy it anymore.   It's just a feel good thing for some fans. 

It was tough to watch. The players on D were never that strong against the run last season, even with Houston. I thought Kpass played ok at times. I was worried about this match up some and it's why I didn't comment on it directly.

I have to painfully go back and watch  again to see the game with a clear head. It's funny, the more I think I know about football, the more it seems I don't know.

49 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sure. Difference. I dont care about home field advantage and all that crap. Chiefs have lost more big/playoff type games at Arrowhead than they have won. Chiefs may play better on the road as underdogs.

So 10-6 11-5 probably gets them to the dance. I dont worry about games down the road. One key injury to any team changes the game plan etc. This is a league of injuries week to week. Todays strong point is tomorrows issue. 

With a competent defense Arrowhead becomes a factor. But without it we might as well play on the road. I'd much rather be relatively healthy headed into January than have the 1 seed and home field advantage. As such I really hope Andy doesn't rush players back this next two game stretch. I'm not completely against the idea of starting the backup QB if we can't protect the MVP and he can't protect himself with that bum ankle. 

16 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

As such I really hope Andy doesn't rush players back this next two game stretch. I'm not completely against the idea of starting the backup QB if we can't protect the MVP and he can't protect himself with that bum ankle. 

This...

We have seen that one play out a few times since Andy's been here.

HAHA Hell at least 1 time this year already.  Fisher..  Or maybe 2 if you count Watkins??

I like the sell out idea..

We won't be able to stop the run the without doing that. People are talking about injuries on the D, but they were gashing us before the injuries. The interior of the Front 7 is soft as cotton, lazy and undisciplined. Hitchens and now Nieman, just stand around and wait for an Olineman to come and block them before doing anything. Nnadi, Jones, X. Williams, can't shed blocks to make play in the run game. And once Nnadi gets tired, he gets shoved back in the secondary on every play.

I think we should run blitz on every 1st and 10 next week, just to get Houston in and 2nd and 3rd and longs. Our secondary is better than our front 7 right now, so we're gonna have to take some chances to win.

4 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Mahomes' pure talent has masked a lot of weaknesses. The NFL is figuring it out. Both lines are being abused. Run D is pathetic, Pass D just as bad, 3rd down D is atrocious. A lot of shots of Mahomes on the sideline where opponents want him.

Its not coincidental these weaknesses are being exposed while we are missing Tyreek Hill and Eric Fisher. This is just part of the ebb and flow of an NFL season. We didn't see any of it on offense last year because we never lost the trifecta of QB, LT, WR1 at any time. As long as we don't get the MVP seriously hurt and we get those other two back, I'm quite confident everything defenses have figured out won't be very effective anymore. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Its not coincidental these weaknesses are being exposed while we are missing Tyreek Hill and Eric Fisher. This is just part of the ebb and flow of an NFL season. We didn't see any of it on offense last year because we never lost the trifecta of QB, LT, WR1 at any time. As long as we don't get the MVP seriously hurt and we get those other two back, I'm quite confident everything defenses have figured out won't be very effective anymore. 

We must have watched different film......LOL  Also.....Morse is gone and Reiter is not Morse.

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

I like the sell out idea..

We won't be able to stop the run the without doing that. People are talking about injuries on the D, but they were gashing us before the injuries. The interior of the Front 7 is soft as cotton, lazy and undisciplined. Hitchens and now Nieman, just stand around and wait for an Olineman to come and block them before doing anything. Nnadi, Jones, X. Williams, can't shed blocks to make play in the run game. And once Nnadi gets tired, he gets shoved back in the secondary on every play.

I think we should run blitz on every 1st and 10 next week, just to get Houston in and 2nd and 3rd and longs. Our secondary is better than our front 7 right now, so we're gonna have to take some chances to win.

Spags actually did quite a bit of this in the second half after he lost three starters. And it created two big plays for the Honey Badger that kept us in the game. We are going to have to try and control the clock and play small ball to have a chance to beat Houston in my opinion. Especially since the MVP can't run again. 

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

I've been saying this for years. Sell out and stuff the run in Arrowhead. Force them into 3rd and longs. If we give up a big play so be it. Mahomes gets back on the field.

Playoff losses to Pittsburgh, Tennesse, and New England all at Arrowhead. This cannot happen again.171 yards rushing to Pitt, 202 to TN. Outgained 524 to 290 yards to the Pats? Are you kidding me. Need to sell out to stop run this is final.  Yes, these were Father Time defenses, but that felt eerily similar last night. Couldn't get off the field last night either. What was the time of possession in the 2nd half? Unreal. 

Sometimes losses are good and a team can learn from it. So we'll see how KC responds with Houston rolling into town after putting up 53.

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Spags actually did quite a bit of this in the second half after he lost three starters. And it created two big plays for the Honey Badger that kept us in the game. We are going to have to try and control the clock and play small ball to have a chance to beat Houston in my opinion. Especially since the MVP can't run again. 

I agree only if Andy draws up a good game plan. Reid does a lot of things I hate, but he has proved to be a great coach overall. Unfortunately he can't keep Nnadi, Williams and Kahlen Saunders from getting pushed back 5 yds in the run game, nor can he make Htichens/Neiman attack the gaps in the running game like a real man should. But what I think he will do is try to establish a running game, or in Reids case, a dink and donk, Alex Smith style of offensive game plan to keep his defense from getting bullied all over the field.

Nonetheless, Houston's head coach is a moron, so he will probably move away from the running game if we can figure out how to stop it a couple of times. But now with C. Jones out, we will have to blitz Deshaun to heat him up...He does like to hold the ball and wait for the big play.

I HOPE KC takes this as wake up call.

1 minute ago, artsy said:

I agree only if Andy draws up a good game plan. Reid does a lot of things I hate, but he has proved to be a great coach overall. Unfortunately he can't keep Nnadi, Williams and Kahlen Saunders from getting pushed back 5 yds in the run game, nor can he make Htichens/Neiman attack the gaps in the running game like a real man should. But what I think he will do is try to establish a running game, or in Reids case, a dink and donk, Alex Smith style of offensive game plan to keep his defense from getting bullied all over the field.

Nonetheless, Houston's head coach is a moron, so he will probably move away from the running game if we can figure out how to stop it a couple of times. But now with C. Jones out, we will have to blitz Deshaun to heat him up...He does like to hold the ball and wait for the big play.

I HOPE KC takes this as wake up call.

Easy solution. Let the defense allow the other team to score quickly. Hope for a fumble or INT. Line Mahomes up like a punter. Send everyone Deep! Win 73 to 71. LOL

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Honestly I'm starting to lean this way.  Our homefield isn't what it used to be and it seems like our players get fired up more when on the road.  Didn't we have more false starts yesterday than the Colts?