Chris Jones buzz

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

He's struggling to stay on the field (playoff losses) and I really don't think he's an all-around elite interior Defender that wants to be paid like one.  

It's time to rebuild the system with proper role players.

He's literally played every game since he was drafted.  Players get hurt, scraped up and injured and alot of it is luck, really.

Trading him for this reason is pretty dumb TBH.  I know people are upset with the loss today, but sheesh let's just take a step back here.

I don't think the Chiefs are in any position or have the luxury of trading away the good players on defense they do have.

16 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

He's struggling to stay on the field (playoff losses) and I really don't think he's an all-around elite interior Defender that wants to be paid like one.  

It's time to rebuild the system with proper role players.

He's never missed a game, is probably our best run defender and has been our best pass rush threat for some time.  I wouldn't be surprised if we tag him, but I can't see a scenario where they remove playmakers from this defense. 

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

He's never missed a game, is probably our best run defender and has been our best pass rush threat for some time.  I wouldn't be surprised if we tag him, but I can't see a scenario where they remove playmakers from this defense. 

Is he really our best run defender???

I think he's terrible against the run.

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

He missed critical times in multiple playoff losses.  

I like Jones but I don't think he's the sort of player you break the bank on, which is what he wants.

He is a bit of a one trick pony inside pass rusher. But he is an elite one. I would tag a play him. If someone offers 2 firsts to take him, I guess I would do it.

Guys like him are hard to find but how many $100 million men can you afford on the D line? 

36 minutes ago, dksww said:

He's literally played every game since he was drafted.  Players get hurt, scraped up and injured and alot of it is luck, really.

Trading him for this reason is pretty dumb TBH.  I know people are upset with the loss today, but sheesh let's just take a step back here.

I don't think the Chiefs are in any position or have the luxury of trading away the good players on defense they do have.

I think stat box watching is pretty dumb too.  Watch the actual play every down.

This is the same argument we had over and over with Dee Ford.  I swear some people are living in a real life Groundhog Day.

There's no singular reason to not give him a long term deal.  It's a package deal and I'm having a hard time siding with anyone that really believes he needs to be paid like an Aaron Donald.

Given how much money we’ve thrown at defense in recent years, I don’t think you keep him. We may also need to try to move away from Clark if he is doing the same production in 2020. Don’t give anyone on defense more than $10 to $15 mill per year at their peak.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

I think stat box watching is pretty dumb too.  Watch the actual play every down.

This is the same argument we had over and over with Dee Ford.  I swear some people are living in a real life Groundhog Day.

There's no singular reason to not give him a long term deal.  It's a package deal and I'm having a hard time siding with anyone that really believes he needs to be paid like an Aaron Donald.

So by your logic we should trade/let go of Mahomes because he sprained/hurt his ankle in 2 games this year?

He hasn't gotten Aaron Donald money yet.  Let's wait and see what happens. 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

His gap responsibilities are bad. Huge holes up the middle.

yep, I like CJ, but he is a liability in the run game. I saw it last year. I was hoping Nnadi would take the double teams and allow CJ to be more effective in the run game, but its the same as last year. Jones gets washed out int he run game, and Nnadi/Williams gets handled one on one, leaving centers and guards to climb up on the LBs. All that equals a horrible run defense.

17 minutes ago, dksww said:

So by your logic we should trade/let go of Mahomes because he sprained/hurt his ankle in 2 games this year?

He hasn't gotten Aaron Donald money yet.  Let's wait and see what happens. 

Are you being obtuse on purpose or what?  What part of "it's a multiple reasons" sort of thing are we not connecting on here?

He's already been offered a Grady Jarrett type of deal and his party has declined it.  He wants to set the market.

I don't blame any player that wants to get paid, but it shouldn't happen by us.

Your example is a poor one to try and poke a hole anyhow.  There's no doubts about Pat's playing ability and he's playing through all the dings.  Try again.

I'm a bit skeptical about paying Jones $100 million at this point. He's not what we need against the run but a beast at rushing the passer up the middle. If we can trade him away for a high 1st that can bring in a more traditional DT I might be up for it. We have way too many big contracts with Mahomes coming up. It would be a whole other story if we had a couple less guys on huge contracts but we need to flip some players for picks at this point. 

18 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I'm a bit skeptical about paying Jones $100 million at this point. He's not what we need against the run but a beast at rushing the passer up the middle. If we can trade him away for a high 1st that can bring in a more traditional DT I might be up for it. We have way too many big contracts with Mahomes coming up. It would be a whole other story if we had a couple less guys on huge contracts but we need to flip some players for picks at this point. 

I agree with you to a point..Trading CJ means ZERO pass rush. Spags would have to blitz to create any pressure. Which ironically, we might see him doing until CJ gets back.

3 hours ago, dksww said:

Jones is a complete stud only one notch below a couple of elite guys.  He’s also only 25 years old and has already proven he knows how to better take care of the body which will helps. I think the plan is to pay him. I certainly would.  

Love how we trade him for a 1st and magically there will be a good tradition DT to replace him. Because it's so easy for us to draft/sign good D Players the last few years. That's why we've got shit corners and haven't been able to stop the run for 5 years now.

I don't think you pay him Donald money as he's not the complete player, but it's damn hard to find an interior pass rusher like him. We have too many holes to allow the defensive talent we do have walk.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Jones is a complete stud only one notch below a couple of elite guys.  He’s also only 25 years old and has already proven he knows how to better take care of the body which will helps. I think the plan is to pay him. I certainly would.  

Sorry not complete. Does not play the run well. Like Peters but focused on sacks.

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

His gap responsibilities are bad. Huge holes up the middle.

Which is very common for interior penetrators.  It’s good on passing downs, but more often that not it’s bad on rushing downs because of his penetration doesn’t lead him straight to the rb, he’s vacated a big hole right in the middle. His style will net him a tackle or two for loss against the run, but also some really good gains from the area he vacated. 

Dont get me wrong i think hes a good player and id like to keep him, but I think handing him a mega contract would be a mistake.