Chris Jones buzz

9 hours ago, artsy said:

I agree with you to a point..Trading CJ means ZERO pass rush. Spags would have to blitz to create any pressure. Which ironically, we might see him doing until CJ gets back.

I think Jones should have been the one signed as our high priced pass rusher but irreversible moves have been made and we need to compensate somehow. He's the best pass rusher on the team but we need to stop the run as well. 

I'm curious about how Spags will react to his injury, definitely need to make some adjustments but curious if he'll simply plug the next man up or may be try Kpass as a DT on certain passing downs. 

5 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Love how we trade him for a 1st and magically there will be a good tradition DT to replace him. Because it's so easy for us to draft/sign good D Players the last few years. That's why we've got shit corners and haven't been able to stop the run for 5 years now.

I don't think you pay him Donald money as he's not the complete player, but it's damn hard to find an interior pass rusher like him. We have too many holes to allow the defensive talent we do have walk.

The problem is he wants Donald money and may be deserving of it due to his pass rush skills. However he's useless against the run (like the rest of our line) and we won't be able to fix one aspect of the game while overpaying for the other part. I would love to have paid Jones and save cash elsewhere but we already spent the money all around him in contracts that give us no flexibility in the near future. 

We are way too focused on the pass rush that it's actually hurting us at this point. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

The problem is he wants Donald money and may be deserving of it due to his pass rush skills. However he's useless against the run (like the rest of our line) and we won't be able to fix one aspect of the game while overpaying for the other part. I would love to have paid Jones and save cash elsewhere but we already spent the money all around him in contracts that give us no flexibility in the near future. 

We are way too focused on the pass rush that it's actually hurting us at this point. 

What do you mean the Chiefs have no flexibility in the near future? We are close to 25 million dollars under the cap and that's looking at 2020. They can get that number close to 50 million by releasing Watkins, LDT, and Sorenson. How much money do they need to have before you consider it flexible?

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

What do you mean the Chiefs have no flexibility in the near future? We are close to 25 million dollars under the cap and that's looking at 2020. They can get that number close to 50 million by releasing Watkins, LDT, and Sorenson. How much money do they need to have before you consider it flexible?

We would still need to fill those positions and don't really have draft capital to build through the draft. We'll be paying Mahomes around 40 million (just an assumption of course) and will need to spend some money on the line as well as DB. I'm expecting us to be big spenders in FA linemen at this point and that would actually be a very smart move.

If we could trade away some big contracts like Watkins, or Hitchens it would be a different situation but we need to either pay those guys or pick up the dead money. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Can't afford to release LDT, good or not, we don't have to resources to solidify LG, C, swing tackle, and now RG...plus shore up lousy D. 

No tear so he’s likely out a few weeks. The way I see it we have to get through these next two games and should get Tyreek and Fisher back around the Packers game. Hopefully many of the others who went down Sunday as well.  
Finding a way to 5-2 to get there without hurting the MVP even more would be huge  in my opinion because we are likely playing these next two games minus a ton of talent.  

33 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

No tear so he’s likely out a few weeks. The way I see it we have to get through these next two games and should get Tyreek and Fisher back around the Packers game. Hopefully many of the others who went down Sunday as well.  
Finding a way to 5-2 to get there without hurting the MVP even more would be huge  in my opinion because we are likely playing these next two games minus a ton of talent.  

Good news on Jones.

I was joking with a co-worker today that the Chiefs should just treat the Texans game as a bye week and rest everyone and anyone that's banged up and just take the L.

Roll out Matt Moore and hand it off every play and let everyone get healthy.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

Good news on Jones.

I was joking with a co-worker today that the Chiefs should just treat the Texans game as a bye week and rest everyone and anyone that's banged up and just take the L.

Roll out Matt Moore and hand it off every play and let everyone get healthy.

I'd be fine with the nagging injury players getting the next two games off. Try to steal one and really start to get healthy for Green Bay/Minnesota. But we aren't going to sit the MVP. I'll bet we change up the game plan though without both of our starting WRs. Problem here is that short week game in Denver 4 days later. This next 10 days is a brutal reality check of the physicality of the NFL and how injuries can derail ANY team.  As well as how stupid those Thursday Night games are. 

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I'd be fine with the nagging injury players getting the next two games off. Try to steal one and really start to get healthy for Green Bay/Minnesota. But we aren't going to sit the MVP. I'll bet we change up the game plan though without both of our starting WRs. Problem here is that short week game in Denver 4 days later. This next 10 days is a brutal reality check of the physicality of the NFL and how injuries can derail ANY team.  As well as how stupid those Thursday Night games are. 

Yea, I really hate the Thursday night games too.

Unfortunately we play a division game, with a bunch gimpy players. Denver just might win and that would absolutely SUCK.

I can guarantee that Fangio will run the ball ALL NIGHT LONG.

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Every team has injuries. Just gotta deal with it. Philli lost against Detroit with their two starting receivers out. 

19 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Every team has injuries. Just gotta deal with it. Philli lost against Detroit with their two starting receivers out. 

Injuries are not all equal even as teams all sell the next man up principle. There’s a tipping point for every team. We appear to have hit ours right now. Fortunately it only looks temporary at the moment. 

35 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, I really hate the Thursday night games too.

Unfortunately we play a division game, with a bunch gimpy players. Denver just might win and that would absolutely SUCK.

I can guarantee that Fangio will run the ball ALL NIGHT LONG.

We aren’t good in those Thursday Night games vs division foes especially on the road where we lost to.a 1 win Oakland team. I think Andy gives us a clear coaching advantage that’s neutralized by a short week. I’d take 1-1 the next two and be happy as heck minus any more injuries. 

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We aren’t good in those Thursday Night games vs division foes especially on the road where we lost to.a 1 win Oakland team. I think Andy gives us a clear coaching advantage that’s neutralized by a short week. I’d take 1-1 the next two and be happy as heck minus any more injuries. 

We need to win both of the those games no excuses. Denver will be coming off a physical game Sunday against TN so they have their hands full also.  

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

We need to win both of the those games no excuses. Denver will be coming off a physical game Sunday against TN so they have their hands full also.  

I don't feel good about this game...They can run the ball and play defense.

3 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Love to win both, but I would be shocked with the roster we will field on Sunday. We've got guys off the street and practice squad who will have to play big roles. Essentially Rookie WRs at two of the three spots. A makeshift offensive line that can't block anyone on the left side. And a QB who can't scramble because of a sprained ankle. A dline now missing 3 regular rotation guys including a Pro Bowler. If Andy Reid pulls a rabbit out of his hat and wins on Sunday it will be one of his best coaching weeks ever. 

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Have you heard any updates on Fisher?  I have not seen a time table or update on his expected return anywhere.

I'm expecting Tyreek back this week or next week.  I don't care if he is out a few more games if it means he is completely healed and we have him for the remainder of the season.  Our offense is above average without him and dynamic with him on the field.

The week-to-week prognosis on Jones has me weary as we were fed that week-to-week BS on Berry pretty much the entire year last year.

5 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Have you heard any updates on Fisher?  I have not seen a time table or update on his expected return anywhere.

I'm expecting Tyreek back this week or next week.  I don't care if he is out a few more games if it means he is completely healed and we have him for the remainder of the season.  Our offense is above average without him and dynamic with him on the field.

The week-to-week prognosis on Jones has me weary as we were fed that week-to-week BS on Berry pretty much the entire year last year.

Tender foot is also considered week to week.

• 2 weeks later...