Thoughts? I mean Ramsey costing us 2 first round picks and a 4th but we essentially get a high 2nd round pick back too. What I liked is the thought of going after O line help. Need something in the middle for sure even when we get Fisher back.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27785915/barnwell-10-nfl-trade-candidates-proposing-deals-make-sense

3045373.png&w=43&h=60&scale=crop&backgro

Jalen Ramsey, CB, Jacksonville Jaguars

Let's start with the market's most eligible player. The Jaguars have so far resisted trade talks for their star cornerback, but since he requested a trade after Week 3, he has yet to suit up for the team. The two-time Pro Bowler initially missed practice with an illness and then to witness the birth of his child, but he has officially missed games against the Broncos and Panthers with a back injury.

More NFL Stories From Bill Barnwell

r607006_608x342_16-9.jpg

Quarter-season awards: My picks »
 Fatal flaws for the seven best teams »
 How the Dolphins could tank and win »
 Stacking surprises on the seven 3-0 teams »

Owner Shahid Khan has publicly said he doesn't want to trade Ramsey. The team has supported Ramsey over the past two weeks, but this is also an organization run by Tom Coughlin. Before the events of the past few weeks, Ramsey famously showed up to training camp in an armored truck with a hype man insisting the Florida State product was about to get a new deal. Personally, I found it wildly entertaining. I'm not sure Coughlin felt the same way.

The Jaguars hold most of the cards here, at least for now. Ramsey is still in the fourth year of his rookie deal. Jacksonville has already picked up his fifth-year option for 2020 and would be able to franchise him afterward. He is realistically years away from unrestricted free agency if the Jaguars don't want him to leave.

The scenario that comes to mind for me, though, is Jadeveon Clowney. The Texans weren't able to come to terms with Clowney on an extension as their franchise player, and by the time they eventually gave up on re-signing him, they had no leverage and were forced to eat half of his contract just to get a third-round pick and a pair of backup linebackers from Seattle. The Jaguars are some ways from that point, but as they get closer to the end of Ramsey's deal, his trade value is going to decline. (Ramsey, coincidentally, spent his Sunday in Houston with Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.)

Jalen Ramsey has missed the last two Jaguars games with a back injury. Dustin Bradford/Getty Images

If the Jags think Ramsey isn't going to re-sign with the team down the road, or if Coughlin has grown sick of him, they might find that Ramsey's trade value is at its highest right now and make a move. There are a handful of teams with designs on competing for a title that could justify making a significant move for a player like Ramsey. I'm not going to do this for every player, but I'll come up with three trades for Ramsey:

kc.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=truejax.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

The trade: Kansas City Chiefs send a 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick to the Jaguars for Ramsey and a 2021 second-round pick

If the Jaguars really do want two first-round picks for their star cornerback, they're probably going to need to send back something in return. The Dolphins were able to get two firsts and a second-round pick for Laremy Tunsil, but they also needed to send Kenny Stills as part of the trade and were dealing with a coach masquerading as a personnel executive. It would be tough to re-create that sort of package, even given how talented Ramsey is as a player.

This is about as close as the Jags could get. The Chiefs are likely to be picking in the bottom of the first round, which reduces the value of these picks, and the Jaguars would be sending a second-rounder back, but this fits the criteria of getting two first-rounders in return for Ramsey. Kansas City is perennially in need of help at cornerback, and while it has mined the veteran free-agent charts for Bashaud Breelandand Mo Claiborne, Ramsey would be the last piece of the puzzle for a team that has a championship-caliber offense with Patrick Mahomes.

Billy Price, C, Cincinnati Bengals

I'll sneak one more offensive lineman in here. Price hasn't lived up to expectations since the Bengals took him with the 21st pick of the 2018 draft. Expected to step in as the starting center, Price struggled during his rookie season and then failed to win a competition for the job in August, losing out to Trey Hopkins. Price has seen action instead at left guard behind Michael Jordan, but he didn't play a single offensive snap against the Cardinals on Sunday and has played just 29.3% of Cincinnati's offensive snaps all season.

kc.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=truecin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueThe trade: Kansas City Chiefs trade a 2021 fifth-round pick to the Bengals for Price

Get ESPN+

Stream live sports and original content on ESPN+. Sign up today

If anyone is fond of taking on talented reclamation projects along the offensive line, it's the Chiefs and offensive line coach Andy Heck. Kansas City made a similar trade in 2017 for Cam Erving, a first-round pick at center who failed to impress in Cleveland across multiple offensive line spots. He has impressed enough with the Chiefs to earn a contract extension, though he's stretched in his current role as the team's left tackle in place of the injured Eric Fisher.

The Chiefs lost starting guard Andrew Wylie during their loss to the Colts on Sunday night, and while it's unclear whether the injury is serious, any significant absence would tax an already-thin line. It would hardly be shocking to see the Chiefs pursue someone like Price to serve as a utility lineman on the interior while eventually hoping to groom the Ohio State product into a starter.

3 minutes ago, West said:

Tyreek come back...

Watkins come back....

Kelce Must play better and with discipline....

McCoy needs to hold on to the rock.....

Chiefs need to score and keep the leaking defense off the field.

Sooo, in order to "shore up" the defense, we need to play better offense?

Ok.

3 minutes ago, West said:

you got it....Run Defense is what it is....and it is poor.

How do you improve Run Defense in the middle of the season?  You better be putting points on the Board.

w

w

Yea, I think that was Veech/Reid's strategy going into the system....Jump on teams fast, and take the threat of the running game away. Hence the major investment to the back end of the defense versus the interior front 7.

I guess they didn't think about what would happen if Hill, Fisher, Watkins got hurt, and the offense wasn't able to score 50 points a game.

I would think we can put up 30.....The injuries are killing us.  Center(s) went down last night too....

We need Hill and Watkins to join Kelce......Young guys at WR showed very little last night.

O-Line showed that they are going to get Mahomes killed.

w

ONLINE ONLINE ONLINE....Would LOVE a top OLINE and even have our RBs stay in a block.  Who cares if we only have 3 route runners!  Mahomes can work with that if he has as much time as he needs.

On the other hand I could see how someone could argue that IF we had a CB like Ramsey that could shut down one side of the field would allow us to stack the box thus help our Run D because of it.  But we are the Chiefs and I'm sure Ramsey would start to suck once he became a Chief

18 hours ago, West said:

I would think we can put up 30.....The injuries are killing us.  Center(s) went down last night too....

We need Hill and Watkins to join Kelce......Young guys at WR showed very little last night.

O-Line showed that they are going to get Mahomes killed.

w

D-Rob is a solid #3. After the Oakland and Baltimore game he seemed destined for stardom. It seems like the all 22 shows 4 verticals on every play? Maybe need to switch it up this week to protect Mahomes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001063387/The-blueprint-on-how-to-slow-down-the-Chiefs-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

D-Rob is a solid #3. After the Oakland and Baltimore game he seemed destined for stardom. It seems like the all 22 shows 4 verticals on every play? Maybe need to switch it up this week to protect Mahomes.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baldys-breakdowns/0ap3000001063387/The-blueprint-on-how-to-slow-down-the-Chiefs-Baldy-s-Breakdowns

Yea, great point!

I'm assuming Reid will dial up an Alex Smith type of gameplan this week.

Let's hope..And more running game too!

19 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, great point!

I'm assuming Reid will dial up an Alex Smith type of gameplan this week.

Let's hope..And more running game too!

Yeah, good point. An Alex Smith strategy would have grinded that game out against Indi except Reid forgot to simplify the game plan with #1 and #2 Receivers out. Need to revert to dink and dunk. Get Mahomes under center, bring in Sherman and run the ball.

3 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Yeah, good point. An Alex Smith strategy would have grinded that game out against Indi except Reid forgot to simplify the game plan with #1 and #2 Receivers out. Need to revert to dink and dunk. Get Mahomes under center, bring in Sherman and run the ball.

Yep. I think that's the way we have to go.

O'brien is a moron, and will probably get impatient and start chucking the ball around instead being patient with his run game.

14 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Definitely need Sherman out there. Build a decent run game so the pass will actually work.