2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He’s not playing if he can’t pass protect.  This isn’t a RB issue in my opinion.  

If he’s that talented there are ways to get him in the game without asking him to pass protect.  We did it with hot garbage like dat and dmc.  What little I’ve seen of him, my opinion would be that he doesn’t have much to offer other than speed, much like the two I already mentioned.  

Correct me if im wrong, but it doesn’t seem to me like Reid has asked any of our rbs to do much in pass pro?  Seems like they are all out running routes every down. 

19 hours ago, xen said:

Absolutely true.  Once he gets a real opportunity watch out though

Still need an oline creating open lanes. This oline could not do it against Colts who were, prior tp playing KC, giving up 5.6 yards per carry. Its not the RBs its the line.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Still need an oline creating open lanes. This oline could not do it against Colts who were, prior tp playing KC, giving up 5.6 yards per carry. Its not the RBs its the line.

People said this about the oline year after year. Hunt showed up and the line looked better.

On 10/9/2019 at 4:33 PM, FANATIC said:

You can’t take away play action from mahomes. You have to have balance.

On 10/8/2019 at 10:37 PM, Mloe68 said:

He’s not playing if he can’t pass protect.  This isn’t a RB issue in my opinion.  

Doesn’t stop the interior O line from playing. OK, bad joke. I like them both. Thompson has a really high ceiling though IMO.

We couldn’t pound it even with Hunt. It is what it is. Andy can manufacture yards for the RB. But if it is 2nd and 2 and we pound it twice. We likely punt. That’s not a knock on our RBs. That group of 4 is legit. Shady is far and away the best but Thompson will be.

Our Oline is the key.   Even our 2nd stringers are good enough if given time.   Also in that game last week we missed like 3-4 TD opportunities.  Williams missed catch, Hardman bobbles one he could have taken to the house, and possibly another one that Mahomes just overthrew him, and finally McCoy's fumble.   We will see more of what we saw the last two weeks but if our Oline can be better we will get back to shredding teams.    Sucks to lose but a little adversity early on can really help us down the stretch.

Andy doesn't give our Oline a chance to run block, therefore, they can't improve in that department. Look at what NE did tonight, their Oline are banged up and they came out trying to establish the run. I feel if running the rock is part of the gameplan, it develops a mindset....and Andy mindset has always favored the pass. 

On 10/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, moons314 said:

If he’s that talented there are ways to get him in the game without asking him to pass protect.  We did it with hot garbage like dat and dmc.  What little I’ve seen of him, my opinion would be that he doesn’t have much to offer other than speed, much like the two I already mentioned.  

Correct me if im wrong, but it doesn’t seem to me like Reid has asked any of our rbs to do much in pass pro?  Seems like they are all out running routes every down. 

DAT was and is fast, DMC wasn’t.  Neither is Thompson. Thompson is however a pure RB unlike the other two. Despite being only 5’8 he can squat over 500 pounds which led him to having the 2nd most yards after contact in college football last year. Really good balance is obvious.  Limited overall experience though so give him some time.  
All that said I don’t think we lack talent at RB. This is all about the oline to me.  Without Fisher we have guys from the center to LT who can’t run block.  Obviously Andys loves his RBs to be able to block and catch. It does seem like they did neither the past few weeks. Getting back to that with both starting WRs out seems crucial on Sunday to give us a chance.