Anybody still wonder?

8 minutes ago, wilkie said:

how important Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins are to this offense?   Do you guys till want Robinson,  Hardman and Pringle to be our starting wide receivers??   Time for a reality check.

Yes for Hill. PM did show that he makes udfa and 6th round picks look good when he actually has time. Pringle did very well last night. Watkins I think we do fine without him. Him and his injuries do that for us. Now if Hill was close to coming back, I can see him coming next game. I hope though they dont rush him because of broke dick Watkins being out and he gets reinjured.

5 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes for Hill. PM did show that he makes udfa and 6th round picks look good when he actually has time. Pringle did very well last night. Watkins I think we do fine without him. Him and his injuries do that for us. Now if Hill was close to coming back, I can see him coming next game. I hope though they dont rush him because of broke dick Watkins being out and he gets reinjured.

I would rather get destroyed next week than bring back Hill anything less than 100 percent and risk losing him for the season....we need him back.

30 minutes ago, wilkie said:

how important Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins are to this offense?   Do you guys till want Robinson,  Hardman and Pringle to be our starting wide receivers??   Time for a reality check.

It was an oline issue, not the receivers.

1 hour ago, wilkie said:

That was hardly a wr problem. Might want to adjust once in awhile. Maybe run the ball once in awhile.

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

That was hardly a wr problem. Might want to adjust once in awhile. Maybe run the ball once in awhile.

Did not see any room to run. That oline was a complete mess. Reid said he was trying to exploit the injuries Colts had in the backfield. That makes sense. They were playing guys off the street.

None of these guys are #1 or #2 material. Robinson is at his best when he is the 3 or 4 option. Mahomes still managed 300 yards. Penalties, fumbles, and all around poor blocking was a much bigger problem. And where the heck was Kelce? He looked like he didn’t want to be out there.

48 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Did not see any room to run. That oline was a complete mess. Reid said he was trying to exploit the injuries Colts had in the backfield. That makes sense. They were playing guys off the street.

They were missing arguably the best ilb and starting dt. 

The run needs to be part of the plan from the get go. Not just here and there.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

It was an oline issue, not the receivers.

wilkie is right. they played man. no need to worry about safety help with no hill or watkins. double kelce and single across the board. forced mahomes to hold the ball. this is coupled with the fact reid did not run the ball. easy to cover with back ups. 

bottom line reid needs to run the ball with mahomes under center. stay committed to it. this will help our injured defense get some rest. 

39 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

bottom line reid needs to run the ball with mahomes under center. stay committed to it. this will help our injured defense get some rest. 

Exactly this, you have to keep the defense honest and allow your oline to push forwards than playing on theirs heals pass protecting all night. Be patient and a lane will open up. Especially when they kept getting eaten alive trying to throw 

44 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

wilkie is right. they played man. no need to worry about safety help with no hill or watkins. double kelce and single across the board. forced mahomes to hold the ball. this is coupled with the fact reid did not run the ball. easy to cover with back ups. 

Not even close.  It wasn’t man coverage that hurt us.  The pocket was collapsing so fast that nobody had time to get off the line in a route. Erving was getting shoved right back into pats lap when he actually made contact with a defender.  Then stepping on pats bad foot compounded the problem by hurting his mobility in the face of a rush.  Blaming the receivers for that mess would mean that pat was standing in the pocket and no one was getting open. That wasn’t the case, because there was absolutely no pocket.   I mean Jesus I can remember two plays where Erving didn’t even touch the defender, let alone slow his progress. Receivers are meaningless if the line can’t execute the most basic functions of the game. 

On 10/7/2019 at 8:55 PM, Calichief said:

I disagree,  I would rather have our MVP with the ball in his hands then to rely on a running game with a beat up oline and average RB's....

Hill yes!

Watkins...Who in the hell cares?

Has this guy been around long enough to depend on him? I'm sooooooo done with Watkins.

Hill is the key to the overall success of the offense. He requires 2 people, (Sometimes 3 when he's in the slot) to cover him. That opens up screen plays and the middle of the filed for Kelce and passes to the RB. It also helps the running game by preventing def from stacking the box.

We need him back, but I definitely don't want to rush it..Let him HEAL all the way.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:43 PM, wilkie said:

Anyone who doubted the value of Hill in particuliar needs to have his head examined. One thing we know is that Andy's offense is pretty tough for rookie WRs to pick up and it showed on Sunday. Probably won't be much better on Sunday minus a shift in game plan. Robinson was the one who was dissapointing. 

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Hill yes!

Watkins...Who in the hell cares?

Has this guy been around long enough to depend on him? I'm sooooooo done with Watkins.

Hill is the key to the overall success of the offense. He requires 2 people, (Sometimes 3 when he's in the slot) to cover him. That opens up screen plays and the middle of the filed for Kelce and passes to the RB. It also helps the running game by preventing def from stacking the box.

We need him back, but I definitely don't want to rush it..Let him HEAL all the way.

With Tyreek, Watkins is an absolute beast because number 2,3 corners can't cover him in those short slants and he's so physical he runs right over them even when they do. Without Tyreek he's solid. Problem is his body just can't hold up. 

7 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

I disagree,  I would rather have our MVP with the ball in his hands then to rely on a running game with a beat up oline and average RB's....

You can’t tell the defense you’re gonna pass every play 

48 minutes ago, Calichief said:

You have to try. You have Sherman. 

Put Sherman and 2 TE set in there. 1 WR out or 2 if you got with 1 TE. Run a few plays this way setting up runs only. Then see how we do but even then you can have the RB go out in the flats, have the FB to block and make a pass play or do play action. This keeps an extra blocker in with the FB and possible 1 TE. We have to protect our QB though. Once they start biting on the run look, we can again run the RB out, hit a TE over the flats that comes out from blocking etc.

After seeing some of the all 22 we missed opportunities.   Plain and simple we should have crushed them with who we was out there.  Mahomes misses Hardman for a big plan screen pass, Hardman bobbles what probably is a huge TD, McCoy fumbles, Pringle misses the down and distance,   Kelce had one of those weird Kelce games, and Williams dropped and easy TD first drive.   All the other things hurt us but we just missed opportunities we normally make and we lost.  Pringle is part of the future here and Hardman is going to get it figured out and score a lot of TDs in Reid’s system.   It’s only going to get better on O.    With that said Hill can’t be replicated or duplicated and he is our 5th and 6th gear, but we can be tough in 4th.

12 hours ago, Calichief said:

You have to try. You have Sherman. 

How did that work on the 4th and 1.

I agree with fanatic here.  This oline is not nasty.  They are finesse.  We are not smash mouthing anyone.  Opponents know that we are not going to run the ball.  Reid has had the same MO for decades.  They can design their entire game plan around stopping the pass.  With that being said, there are still things that Reid can do to protect Pat, even with a banged up oline.  Call more screens, jet sweeps, etc.  Every play doesn't have to require Pat to throw the ball 30+ yards.  Reid is going to have to mix it up, or we will have another Andrew Luck situation.

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

After seeing some of the all 22 we missed opportunities.   Plain and simple we should have crushed them with who we was out there.  Mahomes misses Hardman for a big plan screen pass, Hardman bobbles what probably is a huge TD, McCoy fumbles, Pringle misses the down and distance,   Kelce had one of those weird Kelce games, and Williams dropped and easy TD first drive.   All the other things hurt us but we just missed opportunities we normally make and we lost.  Pringle is part of the future here and Hardman is going to get it figured out and score a lot of TDs in Reid’s system.   It’s only going to get better on O.    With that said Hill can’t be replicated or duplicated and he is our 5th and 6th gear, but we can be tough in 4th.

I confess I have come doubts about Hardemans hands