It Takes More Than a Great QB

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

Dropping $100 million on defensive players doesn’t win championships. Houston was the first mistake. Clark is the 2nd. Stop overpaying one guy and actually get a lot of solid guys. The only $100 million man should be the QB.

Veach did a great job getting rid of bad Dorsey contracts IE Houston & Berry. Then he goes out and signs another giant contract to a guy who's never worn a Chiefs Uniform. I was never a fan, but I've tried to be positive with this guy. I'm just not seeing it with Clark...

Just now, DefensiveMan said:

Veach did a great job getting rid of bad Dorsey contracts IE Houston & Berry. Then he goes out and signs another giant contract to a guy who's never worn a Chiefs Uniform. I was never a fan, but I've tried to be positive with this guy. I'm just not seeing it with Clark...

Shit I've been watching football all my life, and I never even heard of Frank Clark till we signed him

1 minute ago, DefensiveMan said:

Ad Hitchens to that list at the very least.

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Seems pretty easy to allow a player to walk and trade Ford after his best season ever for a #2 pick. Not sure that is a great job. Its just the job. Could have done that with a tweet.

12 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Even the fat, bald man Scott Pioli drafted the core of this Chiefs defense for almost a decade...Eric Berry, J Houston, Allen Bailey, Poe ( freak before surgery). 

Man, those were some good draft picks. I miss those guys right now.

11 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

It's like this defense has no soul. I am right there with you.

I hate to say it, but I'm ready for Spags to go back to Ragland and Hitchens.  I think they'll be better that what's out there now. (Sad face emoji)

Just now, artsy said:

I hate to say it, but I'm ready for Spags to go back to Ragland and Hitchens.  I think they'll be better that what's out there now. (Sad face emoji)

OMG please no. Plat their wives before you play them. Those two so SUCK.

11 hours ago, artsy said:

I think Hitchens would be better served playing the WIL, if he is going to be on the field at all.  And, I also think the opinions of some here about Ragland are off.  Watch the film.  When he is in the game, he makes plays.  Spags, for some reason, keeps rolling Hitchens out there, or Niemann.  For a team that cannot stop the run, it seems like maybe inserting your best run defending LBer into the game might be an option.

They have to do something.

4 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I think Hitchens would be better served playing the WIL, if he is going to be on the field at all.  And, I also think the opinions of some here about Ragland are off.  Watch the film.  When he is in the game, he makes plays.  Spags, for some reason, keeps rolling Hitchens out there, or Niemann.  For a team that cannot stop the run, it seems like maybe inserting your best run defending LBer into the game might be an option.

Sorry its too painful to watch the D film. Its torture. Much better to invest my time on something more fun, inspiring and valuable. Imagine how those guys must feel watching in a group. Reid seems to do a good job keeping the team together despite year after year struggles. Great leader.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Play Ragland this week. Nieman, is a no show. 

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

I doubt they make any changes.  They seem to just keep doing the same things over and over.

They never put more than 7 in the box and the linebackers are 5 yards off the ball at the snap. 

I'd rather they stack the box and give up big plays and score within 3-4 plays instead of giving up 10+ play drives for 8 minutes a pop.

39 minutes ago, dksww said:

I doubt they make any changes.  They seem to just keep doing the same things over and over.

They never put more than 7 in the box and the linebackers are 5 yards off the ball at the snap. 

I'd rather they stack the box and give up big plays and score within 3-4 plays instead of giving up 10+ play drives for 8 minutes a pop.

Excellent analysis! I've noticed how the LBs are always 5 yds off too. Never stacking the box either.

Look, I've said a few times now...This defense was not designed to be a physical/nasty run stopping defense. It was designed to play from a lead. The philosophy and personnel on the field are all better pass defenders versus run stoppers, which is why Nieman, Wilson and Lee are getting more time than Ragland and maybe even Hitchens (who is not too bad against the pass)

The problem were running into now is that offense is not  executing their part of the game plan and scoring TDs with every possession. If we don't score on back to back possessions, things get hairy. With this oline and a gimpy qb, the offense is struggling. The problem I'm seeing is that dipshit Reid refuses to make any adjustments offensively. 

43 minutes ago, artsy said:

Excellent analysis! I've noticed how the LBs are always 5 yds off too. Never stacking the box either.

Look, I've said a few times now...This defense was not designed to be a physical/nasty run stopping defense. It was designed to play from a lead. The philosophy and personnel on the field are all better pass defenders versus run stoppers, which is why Nieman, Wilson and Lee are getting more time than Ragland and maybe even Hitchens (who is not too bad against the pass)

The problem were running into now is that offense is not  executing their part of the game plan and scoring TDs with every possession. If we don't score on back to back possessions, things get hairy. With this oline and a gimpy qb, the offense is struggling. The problem I'm seeing is that dipshit Reid refuses to make any adjustments offensively. 

Bill Belicheat, is not a stubborn HC. The Pats do better at anyone at in game adjustments and learning from their losses. Can the Chiefs do it against a division foe on a short week on the road? Andy maybe needs hand the reigns over to Bienemy this game. Just as he did a few years back letting Nagy call the game. Sometimes you just need to take a step back..

1 hour ago, artsy said:

It does go hand-in-hand but we can't realistically expect the offense to score every possession.  We're not getting the luxury of playing against our defense like our opponents are, the defense has got to figure it out and get better. 

It's one thing to just have a bad to mediocre defense, but our defense has been embarrassingly bad since the 2017 season.