We need to relax

Yes it would be great to go undefeated and be strong and health for every game. But, save for a few teams no team has ever been able to go undefeated.  No team has ever gone without a single injury. In my 45 years as a chiefs fan I have never felt as confident in this team as I do now.

Personally, I’d rather the guys get hurt early and return for a strong push into the postseason rather than getting hurt the last quarter of a season and be out for the playoffs.  Have faith, it will turn around for the chiefs. I am hoping the coaches can get their thumbs out of their butts and get a run stop lineup going.  I think that is the number one priority now.  When a team can run the ball it keeps the defense gassed and the offense off the field.  Make the other teams throw the ball. Even with a weak corner situation I believe the chiefs will be better off and have more chances at scoring and winning. 

second priority is to keep Patrick upright and the OLine needs to step up.  A stronger run game will help this and keep the opposing D honest.  This team can do it, I know it and I feel it.  Let’s not panic yet.  

6 hours ago, 58shineson said:

Yes it would be great to go undefeated and be strong and health for every game. But, save for a few teams no team has ever been able to go undefeated.  No team has ever gone without a single injury. In my 45 years as a chiefs fan I have never felt as confident in this team as I do now.

Personally, I’d rather the guys get hurt early and return for a strong push into the postseason rather than getting hurt the last quarter of a season and be out for the playoffs.  Have faith, it will turn around for the chiefs. I am hoping the coaches can get their thumbs out of their butts and get a run stop lineup going.  I think that is the number one priority now.  When a team can run the ball it keeps the defense gassed and the offense off the field.  Make the other teams throw the ball. Even with a weak corner situation I believe the chiefs will be better off and have more chances at scoring and winning. 

second priority is to keep Patrick upright and the OLine needs to step up.  A stronger run game will help this and keep the opposing D honest.  This team can do it, I know it and I feel it.  Let’s not panic yet.  

I think, subconsciously looking at how difficult the schedule is, is where the anxiety lies. The chiefs are going to lose some games with injuries and strength of schedule. Chiefs need to just close out the division.

My preseason list of the most important 5 players on the roster it would hurt the most to lose.. Do the math here and this isn't hard. Heck subtract a 1/2 from Mahomes for an inability to scramble with the ankle. 

1. Mahomes

2. Tyreek Hill

3. Eric Fisher

4. Travis Kelce

5. Chris Jones

19 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I think, subconsciously looking at how difficult the schedule is, is where the anxiety lies. The chiefs are going to lose some games with injuries and strength of schedule. Chiefs need to just close out the division.

We need to be realistic about where we are right now and also look at the bigger picture and not rush players back. Even at 4-3 we will completely control our fate within the division. All this team needs to do is get to the postseason relatively healthy and a Super Bowl run is reasonably possible. Best way to secure that playoff spot is to win this division. 4-2 there with another win over Oakland would likely do it in my opinion. If we can steal one of these next two with so many people out we are still in great position to look for more if our players start coming back as diagnosed. But the focus has to be on getting healthy and getting to Janaury in any seed possible. 

50 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We need to be realistic about where we are right now and also look at the bigger picture and not rush players back. Even at 4-3 we will completely control our fate within the division. All this team needs to do is get to the postseason relatively healthy and a Super Bowl run is reasonably possible. Best way to secure that playoff spot is to win this division. 4-2 there with another win over Oakland would likely do it in my opinion. If we can steal one of these next two with so many people out we are still in great position to look for more if our players start coming back as diagnosed. But the focus has to be on getting healthy and getting to Janaury in any seed possible. 

Yes. You said it better.

I'm liking the posts in this thread.  Better to get these injuries early in a season where the division seems weak, after a good start.  In a month, we will be heading into the last four games with most of the guys getting back healthy.  The timing is good for a stretch run to take the division.  Once we are in the playoffs, we have as good a chance as anyone as long as Mahomes is running things.  The timing of a return to health is everything.  If we can go .500 for the next 6 games, we will be sitting in good position.

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I'm far from freaking out, but seeding has to be considered here.  A January roadie against the Pats is literally a 90% chance of loss.  Homefield is very important. 

19 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Homefield is a myth. KC loses as much at home or more in THE BIG GAMES. 

Homefield isn't a myth when you have a defense that can use it. Go look at the difference between the Bears defense at home and on the road. And Arrowhead is a MUCH tougher place to play. When you don't have the defense to capitalize on the noise though, it doesn't matter. 

51 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Homefield isn't a myth when you have a defense that can use it. Go look at the difference between the Bears defense at home and on the road. And Arrowhead is a MUCH tougher place to play. When you don't have the defense to capitalize on the noise though, it doesn't matter. 

Also home team gets a serious advantage in some questionable penalties more often than not. 

What’s home-field/court/ice worth in the postseason?
  HOME TEAMS IN REG. SEASON HOME TEAMS IN PLAYOFFS  
LEAGUE WIN PERCENT BOOST* WIN PERCENT BOOST PLAYOFF DIFF.
NFL 57.1% +7.0 64.7% +11.8 +4.8
NBA 59.9 +9.8 64.5 +13.9 +4.1
MLB 54.0 +4.0 54.2 +4.0 +0.0
NHL 55.1 +5.1 55.3 +4.8 -0.3

Percentage point change from home team’s expected win percentage at a neutral location. In the playoffs, better teams are awarded more home games, so expected home win percentage is higher than 50 percent.

SOURCE: SPORTS-REFERENCE.COM

That chart is from 2017.  65% of the time in NFL history the home team has won.  That clearly shows homefield advantage.  Last year was the first time the Chiefs had homefield with a team that was good enough to deserve it.  Because some non elite Chiefs teams shit the bed in the playoffs at home in the 90s is hardly an indictment of the advantage of playing at home.  Going on the road is a tough task in January.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:09 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm liking the posts in this thread.  Better to get these injuries early in a season where the division seems weak, after a good start.  In a month, we will be heading into the last four games with most of the guys getting back healthy.  The timing is good for a stretch run to take the division.  Once we are in the playoffs, we have as good a chance as anyone as long as Mahomes is running things.  The timing of a return to health is everything.  If we can go .500 for the next 6 games, we will be sitting in good position.

Getting injuries early is no guarantee that they won't have more later.  It's not like there's a set number of injuries and having them early is an advantage.  The good news is that most of the critical players should be able to return before the season gets completely out of hand.