Chiefs sign Stefen Wisniewski

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I’m just not seeing how a street free agent is really gonna help. But I have seen a few analysts call it a good move.  To me I’d be trading for a guard and corner

Unfortunately its not baseball. Hard to make deals in the NFL. This team has too many holes to fix with one or two trades. Best to go with what they have, patch with guys off the street and wait for guys to get healed. KC got beat with guys off the street so why not KC? Keep making deals and KC wont need to show up on draft day. Look at the crap KC has added giving away picks. RAGASS as an example.

26 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Unfortunately its not baseball. Hard to make deals in the NFL. This team has too many holes to fix with one or two trades. Best to go with what they have, patch with guys off the street and wait for guys to get healed. KC got beat with guys off the street so why not KC? Keep making deals and KC wont need to show up on draft day. Look at the crap KC has added giving away picks. RAGASS as an example.

The trade deadline used to be almost a non event in the NFL. Last year showed things are changing. Heck we’ve already seen trades.  There’s legit proven productive players who I think are going to be on the market, if they aren’t already. 
I agree with these injuries we just have to suck it up short term. I’d just love to solve at least the guard or corner situation for real. 

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

at least they are trying

Agreed

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I’ve got no problem with the move at all. 

I like it also.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Silence!!! He will he a pro bowler for us! SB push back in full gear! 😂😂

LOL!

I think it's a good move. He has a history of decent performance in a position of need and definitely could be better than what we have been going back to in Allen. Didn't know he was out of work though, didn't keep track of him after Oakland. 

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Kalil is bad, but is definitely better than Erving.  Jesus just cut Erving now.

Everyone is forgetting that Erving was a starter last year...Andy has confidence in him. It's like Erving is Andy's little project.

I'm pretty sure Reid watched the game tape and saw Erving getting his ass whooped all night. He'll chew Cam's ass this week, and Erving will play better I suppose.

19 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I’m just not seeing how a street free agent is really gonna help. But I have seen a few analysts call it a good move.  To me I’d be trading for a guard and corner

Yeah I'm mixed. He has played well in the past and could be solid...but why was he still available. It's not like there aren't a lot of teams who could use help with their Olines. And yet he's been available? We shall see...

19 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Two words...  Kurt Warner.  In all seriousness though, people get signed off the street all the time and make an impact.  Its just about giving people a chance sometimes and hoping that the other 31 teams dropped the ball.  It does happen...

7 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Two words...  Kurt Warner.  In all seriousness though, people get signed off the street all the time and make an impact.  Its just about giving people a chance sometimes and hoping that the other 31 teams dropped the ball.  It does happen...

I've got no problem signing him. He can't possibly be worse than Hunter was! I'm simply being realistic about what these types normally amount too that are just floating around out there in the middle of the season. Especially a guy that was pretty good.  Kurt Warner was never in this situation. He signed with all of his teams in the offseason. 

15 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yeah I'm mixed. He has played well in the past and could be solid...but why was he still available. It's not like there aren't a lot of teams who could use help with their Olines. And yet he's been available? We shall see...

Exactly. I certainly hope it works out, but at this point anyone we sign that's available is like completely throwing darts at a board. But we are extremely desperate. My contention is that there has to be a guard we can get from one of the tanking teams who could help legitimately. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Exactly. I certainly hope it works out, but at this point anyone we sign that's available is like completely throwing darts at a board. But we are extremely desperate. My contention is that there has to be a guard we can get from one of the tanking teams who could help legitimately. 

Trade for Brandon Scherf. Washington has to be sellers and we can extend him then. Would be great to have a good guard finally.

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Trade for Brandon Scherf. Washington has to be sellers and we can extend him then. Would be great to have a good guard finally.

Every time I think we may have something it turns out to be a complete shit show.  I was really excited when we picked up Ben Grubbs.  Then LDT seemed like the shit. Asamoah I liked.