Chiefs sign Stefen Wisniewski

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Every time I think we may have something it turns out to be a complete shit show.  I was really excited when we picked up Ben Grubbs.  Then LDT seemed like the shit. Asamoah I liked. 

I guess from another perspective we had these crap guards last year even missing LDT and it didn't seem to hurt us at all. Losing Fisher seems to be exposing the guard play. 

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I guess from another perspective we had these crap guards last year even missing LDT and it didn't seem to hurt us at all. Losing Fisher seems to be exposing the guard play. 

I think losing Hill may have more of an effect than we realize.  All the jet sweep action and double teams he commands changes the dynamics of a defense. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I always said a stud LG next to Fisher would do amazing things. Fisher is not elite but good. He has been showing trying to help the LG at times too. Get a good to great LG and we will be that much better.

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I always said a stud LG next to Fisher would do amazing things. Fisher is not elite but good. He has been showing trying to help the LG at times too. Get a good to great LG and we will be that much better.

We thought we were getting that high level guard with LDT but the oline played better without him last year. Agree at least for when we need to run the ball that one high level guard would really take us to another level in closing out games and most importantly be more than a speed bump to the QB. 

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Do I even need to bother looking to see where Scherff played in college? Or can I just assume he was a Hawkeye?

Nope but he is a very good guard and Washington is a shit team. If he was a cyclone I could care less. Opportunity may be there for Washington to look into trades and we are in need of a great G.  Go off this list of FA for next year, Erek Flowers would be fine by me. Looking though at all the other ones, the teams they are on are all contenders right now. Washington is the one that sucks on this list at the top of G available.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/guard/

12 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Nope but he is a very good guard and Washington is a shit team. If he was a cyclone I could care less. Opportunity may be there for Washington to look into trades and we are in need of a great G.  Go off this list of FA for next year, Erek Flowers would be fine by me. Looking though at all the other ones, the teams they are on are all contenders right now. Washington is the one that sucks on this list at the top of G available.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/guard/

Ereck Flowers is one of the worst offensive lineman in football. Total bust at tackle and guard. Scherff is the 6th rated OG in the league this year.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Ereck Flowers is one of the worst offensive lineman in football. Total bust at tackle and guard. Scherff is the 6th rated OG in the league this year.

my point was i dont care if it is an iowa player or not. I know Scherff is very good though on a terrible team etc. He would be a guy we could wrestle from a team now. Not a contending team with a FA to be G.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

my point was i dont care if it is an iowa player or not. I know Scherff is very good though on a terrible team etc. He would be a guy we could wrestle from a team now. Not a contending team with a FA to be G.

I wonder what his cost would be. Did you say he is an impending FA?

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I wonder what his cost would be. Did you say he is an impending FA?

They’ve been trying hard to resign him. I’m reading a record guard contract is likely but no dice for the Skins yet. Probably too expensive but I hope Veach has reached out. 

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

They’ve been trying hard to resign him. I’m reading a record guard contract is likely but no dice for the Skins yet. Probably too expensive but I hope Veach has reached out. 

You been researching o line pretty hard after the last 2 weeks Mikey? I'm telling you if Veach moves anything higher than a 4th rounder at the deadline for ANY player, people are gonna wig the fuck out. And personally I'm of the opinion hes traded enough high picks too. We need to go into next draft with our first 3 picks in hand.

25 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You been researching o line pretty hard after the last 2 weeks Mikey? I'm telling you if Veach moves anything higher than a 4th rounder at the deadline for ANY player, people are gonna wig the fuck out. And personally I'm of the opinion hes traded enough high picks too. We need to go into next draft with our first 3 picks in hand.

This was the week the broke the camels back for me. Watching a backup level starter at LG is one thing, but seeing guys who don't belong in the league behind him is quite another. But again the Fisher situation looms very large there. Where are they with him? I heard a doctor suggest he could be back by GB or Minnesota. Is that realistic? If so I suppose we keep trying to find an average guy to pair with him (we can pray thats Wiz) and hope LDT can get some form back. We cannot let this offense completely derail because of an oline we can fix. 

Just as importantly lets see how our corners hold up this week against a legit passing attack.  If we can get a legit outside corner with club control through the next few seasons, I'm still all in. No reason to panic about short term injuries. So far we haven't lost anyone long term that matters that much again depending on the realistic timeline of Fishers return. 

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

after this year. Why i think maybe Washington being a seller type team might let him go if a deal is right.

Yeah I mean he may not want to sign there, so I guess they could take what they can get. They could always franchise him though. Who knows. I have real doubts we will be able to add a player of his caliber at the deadline. 

Hell why not just get both Trent Williams and Scherff from the Skins?  Trent is elite and would upgrade Fisher....I’d drop Fisher down to LG and I like LDTs skill set to be a very nice center upgrade.  Would love this size of a OL.

LT:  Williams

LG:  Fisher

OC:  LDT

RG:  Scherff

RT:  Schwartz 

Done and Done

5 hours ago, Balto said:

Hell why not just get both Trent Williams and Scherff from the Skins?  Trent is elite and would upgrade Fisher....I’d drop Fisher down to LG and I like LDTs skill set to be a very nice center upgrade.  Would love this size of a OL.

LT:  Williams

LG:  Fisher

OC:  LDT

RG:  Scherff

RT:  Schwartz 

Done and Done

I could see something like this taking place. Except not really. At all. Ever.

22 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Kalil is bad, but is definitely better than Erving.  Jesus just cut Erving now.

I know, right?  Erving is a tire fire every week.  As much as AR always talks about how important the bigs are, why is there little investment there.  The starting 5 are average, at best.  No depth, and we are paying for it.  The most imperative thing for this team is to keep PMII upright and healthy.  

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

I know, right?  Erving is a tire fire every week.  As much as AR always talks about how important the bigs are, why is there little investment there.  The starting 5 are average, at best.  No depth, and we are paying for it.  The most imperative thing for this team is to keep PMII upright and healthy.  

Agreed. If we keep trading away draft capital for mega million dollar players who aren't making huge impacts (Clark, Hitchens) it is going to be near impossible to field a solid team at every position group.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Agreed. If we keep trading away draft capital for mega million dollar players who aren't making huge impacts (Clark, Hitchens) it is going to be near impossible to field a solid team at every position group.

Yep.  With Mahomes, all everyone else needs to be is average.