Chiefs sign Stefen Wisniewski

48 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Am I the only one who thinks Stefan W could actually be an upgrade over the poor play of Wylie?   I don't have graduer thoughts of Brian Waters in his prime but it wouldn't take much to be an upgrade at LG for us.

Absolutely. Wylie , is what we thought he was. A back-up. Erving might have been better at LG.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Am I the only one who thinks Stefan W could actually be an upgrade over the poor play of Wylie?   I don't have graduer thoughts of Brian Waters in his prime but it wouldn't take much to be an upgrade at LG for us.

No you arent. But honestly I think once Wylie is healthy they may move Wiz over to center. Because while Wylie isnt great, Reiter has been worse.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

No you arent. But honestly I think once Wylie is healthy they may move Wiz over to center. Because while Wylie isnt great, Reiter has been worse.

I'm ok with whatever makes this line better.   Mahomes doesn't need perfect but he needs better than a wet paper sack.

According to KC Star, Rankin is a possibility at LT on Sunday. If that's the case, I'd start Wiz at LG.

Then when Fisher is healthy, slide both over 1 spot. Our line would become Fisher, Rankin, Wisniewski, LDT, Schwartz. That I think could be a dramatically improved line.

Rankin has a ton more upside than Wylie. And Wisniewski has plenty of experience at C.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

According to KC Star, Rankin is a possibility at LT on Sunday. If that's the case, I'd start Wiz at LG.

Then when Fisher is healthy, slide both over 1 spot. Our line would become Fisher, Rankin, Wisniewski, LDT, Schwartz. That I think could be a dramatically improved line.

Rankin has a ton more upside than Wylie. And Wisniewski has plenty of experience at C.

Thoughts?

I'd like to see Rankin hold up in a start before I start anointing him.

2 hours ago, xen said:

I'd like to see Rankin hold up in a start before I start anointing him.

Point taken. But he does have considerable upside when compared to Wylie. He was projected as a late 2nd early 3rd pretty consistently. I guess my point is I would hate to go into the offseason not knowing if he can be a solution for dirt cheap. Playing guys like Erving and Wylie is a way to do just that.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Point taken. But he does have considerable upside when compared to Wylie. He was projected as a late 2nd early 3rd pretty consistently. I guess my point is I would hate to go into the offseason not knowing if he can be a solution for dirt cheap. Playing guys like Erving and Wylie is a way to do just that.

This is the perfect game to see.  He's playing against an elite D player in JJ Watt and we are so banged up its not like your taking unnecessary risks.   I'd like to see if these new guys are salvagable or possible options moving forward instead of running out the trash we've been running out there the last couple of games.    I'm not sure anyone can literally play worse than Cam Erving,  well I could be out there so yeah its possible.

16 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

This is the perfect game to see.  He's playing against an elite D player in JJ Watt and we are so banged up its not like your taking unnecessary risks.   I'd like to see if these new guys are salvagable or possible options moving forward instead of running out the trash we've been running out there the last couple of games.    I'm not sure anyone can literally play worse than Cam Erving,  well I could be out there so yeah its possible.

Mahomes Health is likely KC #1 goal so if that guy is ready he would play. He was a 3rd round pick that could not start there so he may be a third round bust. Where he ranked prior to the draft is irrelevant. KC does a great job at acquiring other teams mistakes and thinking they can turn them into awesome. So far not working. See Reiter , Ragland, Ward and Lucas. Rankin may be decent but likely not ready especially at left tackle. He may also be another Reiter. I miss Morse.

de ja vu

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/08/31/chiefs-trade-carlos-hyde-texans-martinas-rankin/

Chiefs trade Carlos Hyde to Texans for Martinas Rankin

The Kansas City Chiefs have traded veteran running back Carlos Hyde to the Houston Texans for offensive lineman Martinas Rankin.

The Kansas City Chiefs have cleared out a bit of the competition in the offensive backfield with a reported trade that will send Carlos Hyde to the Houston Texans, per NFL reporter Terez Paylor of Yahoo! Sports.

The Chiefs will receive offensive lineman Martinas Rankin in return for Hyde, giving the Texans a veteran back and the Chiefs a developmental lineman. The Chiefs will save just over $1 million in cap space thanks to the trade.

Hyde joined the Chiefs this offseason as a veteran signing to partner with Damien Williams in the wake of the release of Kareem Hunt. Brett Veach signed him to a one year deal worth nearly $3 million after also extending Williams. However, the rest of the offseason would see Williams and Hyde’s stock divide over time.

The Chiefs also have Darrel Williams already on the roster and added Darwin Thompson in the draft’s sixth round. Throughout the preseason, Thompson in particular has been impressing coaches with his ability to not only move the chains but also catch the ball out of the backfield and pick up the offense. The one-year wonder at Utah State was touted as a steal, but it’s clear he’s been tasked with even more than expected in his rookie campaign.

Hyde, meanwhile, was relegated to playing with the fringe players on the roster in the team’s most recent and final preseason game against the Packers. The writing was on the wall that Hyde simply didn’t have a major role to play in K.C. after all.

As for Hyde’s place with Houston, the Texans are working on replacing Lamar Miller’s reps on offense after losing the Pro Bowl back to a torn ACL.